08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Well said. We also come in handy when let's say a T-Mobile customer wants to get a Blackberry Bold 9000 (only sold by AT&T or Rogers in North America). If they call T-Mobile, they won't give him the code because they don't have it in their system and because the phone was not sold by T-Mobile, and if they call AT&T, they won't give the customer the unlock code because he doesn't have an active account with the carrier.

So these customers have no choice to go through unlockers like us or any other reputable unlcoker to get their Blackberry unlocked and ready to be used on any GSM network.
    Fair enough. I suppose I'm just fortunate then that I've never encountered a single issue when I went to have a phone unlocked. Everytime I received the code within a day.

To address the issue of wanting the unlock done NOW, if the unlock was important, wouldn't you expect these people to have the common sense to try and plan ahead? Business trips, vacations, and phone sales generally aren't exactly planned and executed on the spot.
    09-27-09 02:07 PM
    Dave, while I see your point, you have to admit that society today wants things done now..whether it needs to be done now or not. You're right though, I personally don't see why someone needs their phone unlocked within a 15-30 minute turnaround, but I still get many customers confirming my turnaround times.

It is what it is at the end of the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 02:28 PM
    Dave, while I see your point, you have to admit that society today wants things done now..whether it needs to be done now or not. You're right though, I personally don't see why someone needs their phone unlocked within a 15-30 minute turnaround, but I still get many customers confirming my turnaround times.

It is what it is at the end of the day.

I agree with that. Lots of people want that instant gratification five minutes ago.
    09-27-09 02:36 PM
    I agree with that. Lots of people want that instant gratification five minutes ago.
    Yes indeed, some customers place their orders and email a couple of minutes later inquiring about their code. Can't blame them! we all love to play with our new Blackberry toys
    09-27-09 03:09 PM
    My friend had a blackberry storm from verizon... But we're under a different carrier and the voice part of the phone was unlocked so her sim card worked but the data part was still locked.. the phone was apparently sill "locked" to verizons system..

Me calling verizon and asking them to unlock it ( i explained we were in a different country etc ) but that didn't work. verizon said we have to get the original phone owner to call to get it released... -_-
    09-27-09 03:14 PM
    My friend had a blackberry storm from verizon... But we're under a different carrier and the voice part of the phone was unlocked so her sim card worked but the data part was still locked.. the phone was apparently sill "locked" to verizons system..

Me calling verizon and asking them to unlock it ( i explained we were in a different country etc ) but that didn't work. verizon said we have to get the original phone owner to call to get it released... -_-
    If the voice works with a different sim card, then the phone is unlocked. There is no such thing as Data locked. Probably what you need to do is load the Service Books manually for the data to work. You also need to make sure to have a "Blackberry Data Plan" with the carrier you want to use it with.
    09-27-09 03:18 PM
    If the voice works with a different sim card, then the phone is unlocked. There is no such thing as Data locked. Probably what you need to do is load the Service Books manually for the data to work. You also need to make sure to have a "Blackberry Data Plan" with the carrier you want to use it with.
    Well, actually a BB could be "data locked" if a person sold that BB and did not release the PIN from their carrier. If that happens, then the new owner cannot set up BIS to work properly. You'd need to contact the previous owner to release the PIN.
    09-27-09 05:41 PM
    I have a question. I know that GSM is dealing with a SIM card and CDMA is built into the phone. My question is is it possible to unlock a Tour 9630 since it does have a SIM card and is it not possible to port over a 9000 Bold and a 8900 Javelin Curve? Any info would be appreciated.

-Rick
    09-28-09 11:11 AM
    Well, actually a BB could be "data locked" if a person sold that BB and did not release the PIN from their carrier. If that happens, then the new owner cannot set up BIS to work properly. You'd need to contact the previous owner to release the PIN.
    This is the case as when trying to put the data plan on from my carrier they said they phone was still locked...

When the original owner called verizon( I don't know what he told them ), but they would not release the PIN for him
    09-28-09 11:34 AM
    Under sim card, it still says "Active" next to network..
    09-28-09 11:36 AM
    Active means phone is not unlocked
    09-28-09 11:46 AM
    I know this.. But our sim cards work in the phone..

Which is why i said it's "voice unlocked" and not data unlocked...
    09-28-09 12:44 PM
    I know this.. But our sim cards work in the phone..

Which is why i said it's "voice unlocked" and not data unlocked...
    You had me confused for a second, but can you check a few things?:

1) When you're in advanced options -> sim card -> type mepd..what does it say next to 'Network' on the list that popped up?

2) While it may be obvious, under Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services..it says ON right? And under Network Mode..what does it say?

Also, when you bought the phone, was it supposed to be unlocked?
    09-28-09 05:51 PM
    Hi..

Question: If you get your phone unlock and then update your OS from your carrier do you have to get your phone unlock again?
    09-29-09 10:03 AM
    Nope. Once unlocked, it is unlocked forever

09-29-09 10:10 AM
    Hi..

Question: If you get your phone unlock and then update your OS from your carrier do you have to get your phone unlock again?
    No you don't. Unlocking Blackberry is permanent, even if you do an OS update or wipe the handheld.
    09-29-09 10:58 AM
    How do you go about getting a SIM card from another carrier?
    09-29-09 11:44 AM
    The fastest way is to go into their store and buy it. The other option is craigslist or eBay..they may be cheaper, but you'll be waiting a bit longer obviously.

09-29-09 11:48 AM
    I just got off the phone from Rogers and was told they can not provide me with a unlock code. The rep said he has been there for three years and never been able to give the code. "they do not support it" -
    So what am I doing wrong??????
    09-29-09 01:10 PM
    You live in the wrong country lol

Rogers and Fido do not provide unlock codes for free to their users. You have no chance at getting it from them. ATT and Tmobile in the states give it out freely.

Like I said before though, there are a number of cheap unlockers (like myself) who unlock phones for $10 and can have it done for you within the hour

09-29-09 01:30 PM
    You had me confused for a second, but can you check a few things?:

1) When you're in advanced options -> sim card -> type mepd..what does it say next to 'Network' on the list that popped up?

2) While it may be obvious, under Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Data Services..it says ON right? And under Network Mode..what does it say?

Also, when you bought the phone, was it supposed to be unlocked?
    I've been through all these steps already.

It does say active next to network.

Yes@ Data Services.

The phone came unlocked. But only the voice part...
    09-30-09 07:37 AM
    You live in the wrong country lol

Rogers and Fido do not provide unlock codes for free to their users. You have no chance at getting it from them. ATT and Tmobile in the states give it out freely.

Why does US carriers freely give out the unlock code but CDN ones do not know what you are talking about? Are they money hungery?

Is there a way of getting the unlock code from a CDN carrier?
    09-30-09 09:00 AM
    Only one way..pay for it from an unlocker

09-30-09 09:36 AM
    I've been through all these steps already.

It does say active next to network.

Yes@ Data Services.

The phone came unlocked. But only the voice part...
    Active next to Network means the phone is locked.
    09-30-09 11:00 AM
    Why does US carriers freely give out the unlock code but CDN ones do not know what you are talking about? Are they money hungery?

Is there a way of getting the unlock code from a CDN carrier?
    Canadian carriers will never give out codes. We've had customers that "Robbers".. sorry meant Rogers charged them $250 to unlock their phones in the past. Now I guess they can't compete with our prices but still won't give them out.

Only way will be to buy from unlocker. Look at signature for coupon code
    09-30-09 11:02 AM
1,342 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD