08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    That is a question I would like to get an answer to also....I use a Storm.
    08-27-09 06:36 PM
    So what is the purpose of unlocking a phone??? What is the benefit other than being able to use it on another network.
    If you plan on keeping your existing data and wireless plan, not much. When you unlock your phone it has more value when you re-sell it. Also, you can use other carriers' sims or prepaid sims.
    What I gathered from reading most of the posts in the thread is that the OP doesn't have a wireless plan or a data plan with any carrier. He uses a Tmo prepaid sim and accesses the internet using a wifi connection and saves a bunch of $$.
    Hope that helps.
    The 'search this thread' feature up on the right side of the screen is helpful for finding posts on specific topics or concerns.
    08-27-09 07:02 PM
    So my question is, is it possible to say pay retail for a bold, unlock it, and use it on a Alltel plan??
    08-27-09 07:09 PM
    So my question is, is it possible to say pay retail for a bold, unlock it, and use it on a Alltel plan??
    No. The Bold is strictly a GSM device and Alltel is a CDMA carrier.
    The two technologies are not compatible.
    08-27-09 08:31 PM
    This has been a very enlightning blog. I have learned a lot. Thanks Guys and Gals.
    08-28-09 09:43 AM
    id be curious if the sim card from like the storm would assist the gsm to cdma transition
    08-28-09 12:04 PM
    need some help to unlock blackberry 8700c
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-29-09 at 07:23 PM. Reason: removed IMEI
    08-29-09 06:14 PM
    need some help to unlock blackberry 8700c
    We can help you unlock your phone
    08-30-09 12:42 AM
    if your phone is CDMA, then you can't use it with GSM service, since They are not compatible
    - ( GSM store the acct info in the SIM Card, while CDMA is built in to the phone)
    - Different bandwith freq
    -etc

in theory, your unlocked CDMA could only be used with another carrier that use CDMA, exp: from Verizon to Sprint ( Can we actually do this?)
    That was posted awhile back but yes you can do that, I'm not so sure with blackberries but I know with motorolas you can flash any carrier OS on it and activate the esn on their network
    08-30-09 10:16 AM
    I just paied 40$ to unlock my phone.

unlocktotalk-dot-com rocks !

I got unlock code in 7min
    08-31-09 03:28 AM
    As easy as it sounds. 99% of the time it works. ive done this twice over my time.
    08-31-09 05:51 AM
    I can do this even with a CMDA bb ?
    i want to unlock my sprint bb curve 8330 or tour & use it with metropcs
    i'll even unlock my palm pre lol
    08-31-09 06:49 AM
    I just moved to the US. my 8310 is locked to Tmobile service in Austria. I tried to get them to unlock it, but they charge $100 to do it plus the long distance call to argue with them is not worth it
    Called Tmobile here and csr said they can't do it either, because its different phones and tmo usa doesnt offer the 8310???
    shouldn't they still be able to give me the code if i provide the imei # ?
    can anybody help please?
    09-01-09 06:02 PM
    I just moved to the US. my 8310 is locked to Tmobile service in Austria. I tried to get them to unlock it, but they charge $100 to do it plus the long distance call to argue with them is not worth it
    Called Tmobile here and csr said they can't do it either, because its different phones and tmo usa doesnt offer the 8310???
    shouldn't they still be able to give me the code if i provide the imei # ?
    can anybody help please?
    T-Mobile USA only stores T-Mobile USA IMEIs Unlock codes. Technically they would be able to request it from RIM but would involve a lot on their side and that's why they told you they can't.

We can get the code for you, and you can use the coupon code in our signature.

Try calling T-Mobile again, maybe you get lucky
    09-01-09 06:18 PM
    T-Mobile USA only stores T-Mobile USA IMEIs Unlock codes. Technically they would be able to request it from RIM but would involve a lot on their side and that's why they told you they can't.

We can get the code for you, and you can use the coupon code in our signature.

Try calling T-Mobile again, maybe you get lucky
    thanks, but i don't want to have to pay for unlocking if i can avoid it
    I guess I have to be persistant and keep calling tmo usa.
    is there a way for me to get the code from RIM?
    09-01-09 06:53 PM
    thanks, but i don't want to have to pay for unlocking if i can avoid it
    I guess I have to be persistant and keep calling tmo usa.
    is there a way for me to get the code from RIM?
    No RIM will never release codes to customers
    09-02-09 11:38 PM
    Heloo, I want to unlock my8830. But I cant find my emei on the phone when I go to the status page it simply shows an incomplete emei (it shows numbers then ...) and its not under the battery. Will the radio lab tool work in this situation. Please help.
    09-06-09 02:33 AM
    hi, just type *#06# and that will give you the imei, regards
    09-06-09 05:47 AM
    why is it that blackberry has to have a paid for unlock code but that the overly proprietary Iphone can be unlocked with a free program?
    09-06-09 07:33 AM
    Can you please help me get the unlock code for my phone?

Blackberry 8830 World Edition - Verizon

Thanks
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-06-09 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed IMEI
    09-06-09 03:30 PM
    Has anyone tried this with the Tour or World phone on Sprint???
    09-07-09 02:45 PM
    You can use any Sim card to unlock the storm
    This has worked for you?

I ordered a Storm to use on AT&T and I was going to have my GF who has a VZW plan call to unlock it for me. I had seen a few posts saying you needed a card in it, and was unsure if any sim will work to do it (I've seen pics of VZW sims, but never in real life). This may make my day!

I have both of my current BBs unlocked. AT&T gave me no problems with either of the codes, and were nice enough to walk me through them. They didn't mention anything though about 5 consecutive failed attempts locking the phone permanently, as I saw a few pages back in this thread.
    09-08-09 06:55 PM
    Just tried it today, out of curiosity, to see if I would get an unlock code. I emailed AT&T this afternoon, from the email address on their contacts page, and I got the unlock code email by 7pm today.
    09-08-09 07:36 PM
    Any sim card will work.
    Thank you!
    09-08-09 07:40 PM
    can anybody give me the code to unlock my blackberry storm 9530 from verizon? i would really appreciate it..thaks kimo
    09-10-09 06:34 AM
1,342 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD