08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    but anyway yeah there is no reason why you should have to pay to unlock your phone unless like me some of us don't want to deal with the customer service for certain carriers.
    08-06-09 01:37 AM
    I have a Storm 9500 with Vodafone Australia. I have tried on 2 occasions to unlock my handset. The first time i rang them and they told me that this phone was unabled to be unlocked as its exclusive to Vodafone. My second attempt was via their website, but i got a similar message: "This handset is exclusive to Vodafone and cannot be unlocked". I'm travelling to Bali Indonesia next weekend and was hoping to get it unlockedc to take with me, does anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks
    08-06-09 01:50 AM
    I can't get an unlock code out of Verizon. They want me to sign a contract and use their network for sixty days before they will unlock a 9530 for me. I think i am going to vandalize there late one night to teach the jerks a lesson. I was a customer with them for about 4 years. How dare they treat me that way.
    08-06-09 03:19 AM
    say i found this phone on my sidewalk cuz someone dropped it, would they still give me the unlock code even if i have no idea who's phone it is, even though the service is shut off?
    How do you know its locked?

It's free to try.

Remember, I was NEVER an ATT customer and got mine free from them.
    08-06-09 05:27 AM
    I think everybody on here is talking about American networks.

Iv just been on the phone to T-mobile UK and they wont give me the code to unlock my phone. They are telling me it will cost me 15, and id have to wait a week.

People on here are telling me i never have to pay for the unlock code but i highly doubt thats the case, with T mobile seemingly having a policy which only allows those on contract to get the free unlock code.

Anybody know anywhere reliable, cheap and will get me an unlock code very quickly?
    08-06-09 06:34 AM
    Anyone had any success doing this with BELL CANADA????
    08-06-09 11:08 AM
    Anyone had any success doing this with BELL CANADA????
    They will never give the code out, they don't even have it in their system, we can help you unlock it though if you need.
    08-06-09 11:09 AM
    thanks a lot guys...i love this messge board.....this is sick!!!! i just saved myself $60 on an unlock code. I just got hold of telus and they gave me an unlock code, im following the process but it is not poping up the "enter code window" when i put "MEP2". I am currently using .151 O/S....any help with that?
    08-06-09 11:16 AM
    thanks a lot guys...i love this messge board.....this is sick!!!! i just saved myself $60 on an unlock code. I just got hold of telus and they gave me an unlock code, im following the process but it is not poping up the "enter code window" when i put "MEP2". I am currently using .151 O/S....any help with that?
    Wow! You're probably a first. Congrats! Do you have a SIM card in the phone while attempting to unlock it?
    08-06-09 11:18 AM
    No....is that important?? I should try it with the sim card i guess
    08-06-09 11:20 AM
    No....is that important?? I should try it with the sim card i guess

Yes do it with a SIM card and then you should be prompted with the "Enter Network Mep code" message
    08-06-09 11:21 AM
    thanks a lot
    08-06-09 11:30 AM
    thanks a lot
    You're welcome, keep us posted, we're really curious to know if they gave you the correct code.
    08-06-09 11:32 AM
    I would like to know if the code works. You would be the first one to get a code from Telus. Good Luck!
    PS $60.00 is way too much to pay for Telus / Bell unlock codes
    08-06-09 03:35 PM
    The funny thing is my 9630 came unlock, The sprint rep told me some were shipped out like that.
    08-07-09 10:42 AM
    The funny thing is my 9630 came unlock, The sprint rep told me some were shipped out like that.
    Yes the new units are being shipped unlocked
    08-07-09 10:45 AM
    And for those of you watching at home, T-Mo requires that you be a customer at least 121 days before they dish out an unlock code.

Meanwhile, AT&T has a 90 day waiting period before they give you the code via phone or email. More right after these commercials.

Yes, you are right. Most of the time you need the code ASAP. So you have no option except for third parties.
    08-07-09 01:56 PM
    I spoke with VZW and was told they dont lock phones. True or false???
    Can anyone help???????
    08-07-09 04:12 PM
    I spoke with VZW and was told they dont lock phones. True or false???
    Can anyone help???????
    Their GSM/CDMA phone such as Blackberry Storm & Blackberry Tour & 8830 are locked on the GSM side. Meaning that it you would want to use the Tour or Storm with AT&T or T-Mobile or any other GSM carrier, you would need to unlock it first.

If you're a Verizon customer, you can call them and they'll give you the code for free.
    08-07-09 04:26 PM
    When on a blackberry curve 8320 and you are on Facebook can you talk like instant messenger on your cell phone? Is it sprint that only does this? i have att
    08-07-09 09:46 PM
    When on a blackberry curve 8320 and you are on Facebook can you talk like instant messenger on your cell phone? Is it sprint that only does this? i have att
    Anytime your on a wifi hotspot, that phone has wifi.

You can surf, text, message, and email for free if you so choose.

Need to be on any hot spot.
    08-07-09 10:11 PM
    is there a certain criteria to get unlocked with verizon. also i still do not understand the benefits if you are going to stay with verizon and not go out of country. will you be able to use it with verizon's pre paid plans?
    08-07-09 11:43 PM
    Some commercial posts have been removed. We don't have a problem with users who provide unlocking services if they are truly helping other members, but please avoid blatant sales activity and advertising.

To remind everyone of the relevant parts of the rules:
    No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own or other competing stores Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) or sales....

Signatures
    Signatures are allowed, and may contain up to one external hyperlink (points to a webpage outside of CrackBerry.com), but should not be excessive in length nor contain any promotional text (enticing users to click) ...
    We also appreciate the effort made by some users who have reported competitors as spammers. We are happy to receive genuine reports, but the moderators will remain impartial in any reporting war between unlockers. Unlockers - Please take it to email or PM, resolve your differences and stop abusing the Report system by reporting each other for commercial gain.

Thanks, everyone!
    08-08-09 01:45 PM
    say i found this phone on my sidewalk cuz someone dropped it, would they still give me the unlock code even if i have no idea who's phone it is, even though the service is shut off?
    A found phone is someone's lost phone, and should be traceable for return to owner through one of the network providers. If you keep it, it becomes Theft.
    08-08-09 01:49 PM
    Some commercial posts have been removed. We don't have a problem with users who provide unlocking services if they are truly helping other members, but please avoid blatant sales activity and advertising.

To remind everyone of the relevant parts of the rules:

We also appreciate the effort made by some users who have reported competitors as spammers. We are happy to receive genuine reports, but the moderators will remain impartial in any reporting war between unlockers. Unlockers - Please take it to email or PM, resolve your differences and stop abusing the Report system by reporting each other for commercial gain.

Thanks, everyone!
    Good job! We really appreciate all the effort and time you moderators put in, keeping Crackberry.com the best community around!
    08-08-09 01:55 PM
1,342 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD