08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    nice to know
    07-29-09 07:32 PM
    Im too lazy to look through 50 some pages so if this has already been asked, my bad.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they said that I needed to purchase a Verizon sim card in order to unlock my phone. Is this true or is it bs. From what I have read, once you get up with a representative informed about this procedure they will tell you how to unlock your phone and send you the unlock code within 48 hours
    07-29-09 08:36 PM
    I'm not an ATT customer,NEVER WAS EVER!!! got mine quick!!!

BEWARE OF POSTERS OFFERING UNLOCKS ESPECIALLY IN THEIR SIGN LINE!!!

ITS FREE NO NEED TO PAY ANYONE!!!
    07-29-09 08:43 PM
    How simple!

Here's my experience with AT&T, via their "Technical Support Chat" through wireless.att.com -- I did not even have to place a phone call!
    AWESOME!!! WELL DONE!!
    07-29-09 08:44 PM
    Hey guys.. i've browsed around here trying to look for the answer to this but figured it may be easier to post rather than looking through 60+ pages.

I just got a 8100 from my friend (who got it through ebay) that is locked through some south american company TelCel (I think it's south american) I noticed you guys getting codes from american cell phone companies, i was wondering if this will work the same way for TelCel and if i can still get a code without being a customer?

If anyone has any information that may be handy for my situation it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks again!
    07-30-09 11:40 AM
    My neighbor bought a phone from Telus yesterday and called Customer Support for the unlock code and they told him that they couldn't help him. Anyone have any ideas of how he should go about getting it unlocked?
    08-02-09 04:31 PM
    how do you know if your phone is unlocked? i use boost
    08-02-09 04:48 PM
    We can help him unlock his Telus Storm.
    I appreciate the offer, but he actually bought the HTC Touch Pro2. Seems that phone is difficult to unlock from it's CDMA state. He wants to use the GSM side of it, but no dice.

I would like to purchase the software involved with unlocking GSM phones, but can't seem to locate the name of any. It's like a magician not revealing how they tricked you haha..
    08-03-09 12:00 AM
    This is so working on mine.
    I'm no longer listed as att customer! Lols

Nice thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:06 AM
    This is so working on mine.
    I'm no longer listed as att customer! Lols

Nice thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AWESOME!! Glad it helped.
    08-03-09 06:42 AM
    OK, I got a cingular BB 8100 from my brother in law, I have T-mobile, do I need to call AT&T with his information in order to get an unlock code to use it on T-mobile? or does he need to call in order to get it? I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-03-09 12:13 PM
    OK, I got a cingular BB 8100 from my brother in law, I have T-mobile, do I need to call AT&T with his information in order to get an unlock code to use it on T-mobile? or does he need to call in order to get it? I am confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi
    It would be best of he calls, and they should give it to him, if not we can help you
    08-03-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks, I called just to see if they would give it to me. I told them I got it from my brother in law and I needed the code so I could use it on my own network (Tmobile), and the guy got me the code while I was on the phone and walked me through unlocking it. It's now unlocked, thanks forum!!
    08-03-09 01:45 PM
    Thanks, I called just to see if they would give it to me. I told them I got it from my brother in law and I needed the code so I could use it on my own network (Tmobile), and the guy got me the code while I was on the phone and walked me through unlocking it. It's now unlocked, thanks forum!!
    Glad to hear that, enjoy your Blackberry!
    08-03-09 01:46 PM
    so my curve just broke on me and i'm looking into getting a pearl flip 8220. I'm with at&t so do i call tmobile and just ask them for an unlocking code or what? any help is greatly appreciated!
    08-03-09 06:34 PM
    I did just that and got it free from ATT and I was never an ATT customer EVER!!
    08-03-09 09:24 PM
    so my curve just broke on me and i'm looking into getting a pearl flip 8220. I'm with at&t so do i call tmobile and just ask them for an unlocking code or what? any help is greatly appreciated!
    WATCH OUT FOR THE SPAMMERS with a URL for a user name and links to paid services in their signature line.

They simply spam rather than get a real job. BEWARE.

They will try to sell you something that is totally free.
    08-03-09 09:26 PM
    I've unlocked my phone.... however, I do not have an active SIM from another provider. Now I'm wondering how I can obtain a SIM that will allow me to "never pay anyone". Also, I am under contract with AT&T, so how would I get from under that contract?
    08-05-09 11:35 AM
    I think you have misunderstood. You have to have and active sim card from a carrier in order for unlocked phone to work. That sim has to have a BB data plan to receive all email and internet. Title meant to say dont pay anyone to unlock your phone, but some people have no choice but to pay a third party.
    08-05-09 11:41 AM
    I've unlocked my phone.... however, I do not have an active SIM from another provider. Now I'm wondering how I can obtain a SIM that will allow me to "never pay anyone". Also, I am under contract with AT&T, so how would I get from under that contract?
    You have a choice of getting a sim of the carrier of your choice now that your unlocked and starting a plan.

The other option I took was to get a prepaid sim from T-mo and add time as I need it.

I never bought a data plan, but my phone is wifi (8320) so I jump on any network thats not locked down and any starbucks for NO charge. I can do email, text, and chat this way without ever buying a data plan and surf the web.

As for your contract, the Phone co.s make it very hard and expensive to break the contract, If they can't cover you where you live would be the only shot of getting out.
    08-05-09 08:54 PM
    I bought a spare sim on ebay. Around $5.
    08-05-09 08:56 PM
    Hi My Name Is Ricky And I Try Unlock My Black Berry Storm Some Body Know The Code I Need Help
    08-05-09 10:23 PM
    Hi My Name Is Ricky And I Try Unlock My Black Berry Storm Some Body Know The Code I Need Help
    Call T-mo, follow script in post 1.
    08-05-09 11:43 PM
    say i found this phone on my sidewalk cuz someone dropped it, would they still give me the unlock code even if i have no idea who's phone it is, even though the service is shut off?

You can call the provider for the unlock code for your BB phone.

Others, and I did this even if your not a customer of that service.

They will email the code in a week or less. Some have received the code instantly.

You can do it yourself for free.

Call customer service of the locking company.

Simply ask for the "subsidy unlock code". You are traveling to Italy.

This works 100% of the time.

Definitely don't pay for an unlock!!! That's just like burning money.

Cheers
    08-06-09 12:15 AM
    say i found this phone on my sidewalk cuz someone dropped it, would they still give me the unlock code even if i have no idea who's phone it is, even though the service is shut off?
    They most probably wouldnt unless you have service with them already. Which phone are you trying to unlock?
    08-06-09 12:24 AM
1,342 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD