08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    5 minutes too good ....these cellunlock people are taking ages .....ordered on 1 st still waiting for the codes.
    Talking about cellunlock.net?
    07-05-09 12:49 PM
    I have a bb 8700c I just got in off the internet, I put my T-mobile sim card in the name T-mobile comes up 2sec later data connection refused come up I can make phone calls and rec. the internet do not work and there is no icon for it .I put the same card in my Iphone everything work even the internet.Do any body no what wrong.
    Data connection refused means the phone sees no data plan. If you don't have a data plan, just disregard that message.
    07-05-09 12:51 PM
    8700 needs to be unlocked
    If you are able to receive calls or even make calls, that is enough to prove the phone is unlocked. Data has nothing to do with calling when unlocking of phones for different SIM usage.
    07-05-09 12:53 PM
    I just bought a bb 8320 on ebay and its locked to tmobile but i'm not in the US and i need to get it unlocked. I've read pages upon pages about getting my phone unlocked but i haven't seen a case like mine.

Since i'm not, never was and never will be a tmobile subscriber, if i call to get the unlock code for my phone, will they still give it to me? I know they will ask for a phone number but i'll just say i dont have one right now but will i only need the IMEI number or will i need information about the previous owner who bought the phone from t-mobile?

please help asap...
    Carrier only provides code to their customers for being with them for a certain amount of time as well as having an account in good standing. You will need to have it unlocked by a third party, people on eBay and websites offer services for that.
    07-05-09 12:56 PM
    I called VZW to unlock my phone and they said it would void the 1-yr manufacturer's warranty? Any similar story from anyone else? I thought it did not void the warranty.
    Just spoke to a dumb representative, just call again and speak to someone else.
    07-05-09 12:58 PM
    Hello everybody, i have been reading page after page on this topic about unlocking blackberries. and form what i understand is that if i am with Rogers, i can't get my unlock code from them for free.. and According to Ant17 you should never have to pay for your unlock code.. so can anybody shed some light on this for me? or am i going to have to pay for my unlock code after all?

This might sound stupid, But even if my phone was with rogers, could i phont AT&Tor who ever and get the unlock code from them?
    Last edited by Kesler20; 07-06-09 at 12:13 AM.
    07-05-09 11:33 PM
    I have no way to unlock it for free.
    Could somebody tell me trusted websites for buying blackberry 8900 unlock code?
    07-06-09 09:44 AM
    I have no way to unlock it for free.
    Could somebody tell me trusted websites for buying blackberry 8900 unlock code?

websites are going to be expensive atleast $20 I got my unlock code off ebay took about 20 minutes total.

I think it was DR Unlock on ebay. It cost a total of $5.20
    07-06-09 10:09 AM
    websites are going to be expensive atleast $20 I got my unlock code off ebay took about 20 minutes total.

I think it was DR Unlock on ebay. It cost a total of $5.20
    I'm afraid I won't be able to buy it on ebay (specific relationship with local postmail service ).

I need unlock code based on imei and that will be sent to my email address. It's all I need.
    07-06-09 02:28 PM
    I'm afraid I won't be able to buy it on ebay (specific relationship with local postmail service ).

I need unlock code based on imei and that will be sent to my email address. It's all I need.
    Postmail has nothing to do with it. The unlock codes on ebay are IMEI based thats how I got mine like I said took about 20 minutes total. On ebay they have to put in the listing that they are going to mail the code (ebays policy) But most will email you the code within minutes.
    07-06-09 02:31 PM
    Please anybody, that can help me out with my Rogers Blackberry?? i want to get it unlocked. And everybody is saying i can do it for free. but with rogers, there is no free.. so can someone please shed some light on the suject?>
    07-06-09 10:06 PM
    Bell and Telus codes for this submit are in. I have emailed with instructions to all.
    What about Rogers?? any codes for that?
    07-07-09 12:36 AM
    Please anybody, that can help me out with my Rogers Blackberry?? i want to get it unlocked. And everybody is saying i can do it for free. but with rogers, there is no free.. so can someone please shed some light on the suject?>
    someone in this thread found unlock for 3.88 on ebay.
    07-07-09 05:34 AM
    someone in this thread found unlock for 3.88 on ebay.
    I thought you said nobody should have to pay for the unlock...???
    07-07-09 06:57 AM
    Just called ATT at 7:45 AM and received my unlock code over the phone from the rep. She even gave me step by step instructions on how to unlock the phone and was willing to walk me through the process. Since I was talking to her on the subject phone, I had to hangup and do it without help. No problem though. As easy as 123.
    07-07-09 08:00 AM
    I'm new to all of this. What is the advantage of unlocking your phone?
    07-07-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks a ton, I love this place....guess I'm getting addicted.
    07-07-09 03:25 PM
    I'm new to all of this. What is the advantage of unlocking your phone?
    You can use your GSM phone with another GSM SIM card. For instance, I am with ATT and before unlocking, I could only use an ATT SIM card. Now with my phone unlocked, I can use a Rogers SIM card or a T-mobile SIM card or many of the other GSM providers throughout the world.

It saves you $$$ by not having to pay for international roaming as you can use a local SIM in your phone.
    07-07-09 05:14 PM
    I thought you said nobody should have to pay for the unlock...???
    Didn't say anyone should pay..... learn to read.
    07-07-09 09:49 PM
    Excellent!!! Another of 1000 examples why you should never pay!!

Just called ATT at 7:45 AM and received my unlock code over the phone from the rep. She even gave me step by step instructions on how to unlock the phone and was willing to walk me through the process. Since I was talking to her on the subject phone, I had to hangup and do it without help. No problem though. As easy as 123.
    07-07-09 09:51 PM
    If I unlock my sprint BB, will i still have to pay my bill?
    07-07-09 10:26 PM
    If I unlock my sprint BB, will i still have to pay my bill?
    NOPE!! The bills end when you unlock!!!

You just won't be able to call anyone.
    07-08-09 05:45 AM
    i dont think rogers carrier does this... anyone can verify?
    07-11-09 03:56 PM
    How simple!

Here's my experience with AT&T, via their "Technical Support Chat" through wireless.att.com -- I did not even have to place a phone call!

AT&T Rep: Hello, I will be happy to see if the account is eligible for a subsidy unlock code.

AT&T Rep: In order to assist you, I will need you to confirm the mobile number in question, the account holders name, and your name.

trip20: Sure thing here you go:

trip20: Acct Holder: trip20

trip20: My name: trip20

trip20: Phone Number: ###-###-####

AT&T Rep: Thank you, Mr. trip20, and for verification purposes, I will need the pass code, please.

trip20: <passcode>

AT&T Rep: Thank you. It will take 2-3 minutes to access and review your account.

trip20: No problem take your time -- thanks for your help.

AT&T Rep: Thank you for waiting, Mr. trip20. Can you please send me the Manufacturer, Model and the IMEI (serial number) from the phone? You can obtain the IMEI by going to Setting to options and then status.

trip20: Manufacturer: Blackberry (RIM)

trip20: Model: Curve 8900

trip20: IMEI: <number removed>

trip20: Thank you.

AT&T Rep: Please allow me 2 to 3 minutes to get the code and instructions.

trip20: ok thank you veyr much

AT&T Rep: Thank you for waiting, Mr. trip20.

AT&T Rep: Your unlock code is ################. If this process is unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone locks permanently to the AT&T network.

AT&T Rep: So I can get the correct instructions, please send me the software version. For the device to display the software version, select Options then About.

trip20: v4.6.1.231 (Platform 4.2.0.108)

trip20: By the way thank you for the code and for obtaining instructions. I can provide you with my email address if the instructions are in PDF format or some other document.

AT&T Rep: I will be posting these to the chat but I am going to give you the ones for the Curve in general as I do not have instructions for either the 8900 or software version 4.6. I apologize but this as we have not gotten those from the manufacturer. Can you try this now?

AT&T Rep: Here are the instructions:

1 Insert AT&T SIM Card.
    2 Power phone on and turn off the radio (turn Wireless Off option). Very important.
    3 Select Settings, then Options and then select Advanced Options.
    4 Scroll down and select SIM Card.
    5 Hold down the ALT key and type "MEPD". This does not display on the screen.
    6 Hold down the ALT key and type "MEP2". This does not display on the screen.
    7 Enter the Unlock Code.
    8 Press Enter.
    9 Reboot Device. Device is now Unlocked.
    07-29-09 01:02 PM
    i didn't know att can provide an unlock code instantly like that. When i worked for tmobile blackberry/pda technical support, it usually takes 24 hrs for the code to be processed.

Also with tmobile, you'll have to be a customer for 3 months before any tmobile phones can be unlocked.
    07-29-09 05:51 PM
1,342 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD