08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    just got a curve from epay, called T-Mo and asked for an unlock code, woman on phone was very nice, (dont care what she looks like would love to take her to dinner :') ) said my unlock code would be in my email in 1-7days more likely closer to within 24hrs tho. when i got my 8700c unlocked from AT&T had no problems, i am a prepaid cust and the guy just gave me the number, did the whole 'dance' in under 10mins...

pixelated display
    06-04-09 11:02 PM
    Just got off the phone with AT&T customer service. They were able to provide me with the unlock code for a spare Curve 8300 I have that I don't need and want to sell. They rep on the phone was super kool, and gave me the code within minutes. all he asked for was the IMEI # and why I wanted to unlock the phone. I simply told him I was traveling outside of the country and wanted to use the phone at the country I was traveling to. A+ for AT&T.
    06-05-09 05:31 PM
    Now, Im just a little puzzled cause the rep on the phone stated that I need to have my AT&T SIM card in the 8300 while i do the unlocking steps. The only thing is that the SIM card I have Im using on my current Curve 8310. Do I just put in the SIM card in the 8300 real quick while I do the unlocking? And will using my current active AT&T SIM on the 8300 have any negative effects on my SIM card or service?
    06-05-09 05:33 PM
    Or can I use my old AT&T SIM card from when I used the 8300? I think I have around here somewhere.
    06-05-09 05:34 PM
    I got kinda inpatient waiting for a reply from someone so I went ahead and tried it with my old SIM card, and I entered the code given to me by the ATT rep and it said "code accepted". I guess that's it then? I noticed when I rebooted the phone, it booted up in less then 3 seconds and the ATT logo no longer comes on the screen when the phone boots back up.
    06-05-09 06:42 PM
    Somebody help me unlock my dobson cellular one phone.. given to me as a gift and I want to use it on at&t but cant get a code for it.
    06-06-09 04:22 AM
    greedybstrd, u can call ATT like I did and just tell them u need the unlock code. They're going to ask you for the phone's IMEI number and why u want to unlock the phone. As u can see on my previous posts, I told simply told them I was going out of the country and needed the unlock code so that I can use the phone in that country. They gave me no hard time and provided me with the code over the phone in less than five minutes. Of course I'm an ATT customer and have been for going on 9 years now. I don't know if you are an ATT customer or not, but other people that were not ATT customers have been able to obtain the code with no problem. Its either that or pay to get the code. But I would call ATT up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 04:57 AM
    greedybstrd, u can call ATT like I did and just tell them u need the unlock code. They're going to ask you for the phone's IMEI number and why u want to unlock the phone. As u can see on my previous posts, I told simply told them I was going out of the country and needed the unlock code so that I can use the phone in that country. They gave me no hard time and provided me with the code over the phone in less than five minutes. Of course I'm an ATT customer and have been for going on 9 years now. I don't know if you are an ATT customer or not, but other people that were not ATT customers have been able to obtain the code with no problem. Its either that or pay to get the code. But I would call ATT up first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, indeed!! I was never an ATT customer and they emailed it to me in less than a week.
    06-06-09 01:39 PM
    Friend of mine got his new Curve unlocked a few days ago via this website: http :// www . ****.com, works very well. The code was received within minutes and it was the cheapest one he could find on the net
    06-07-09 05:49 AM
    Friend of mine got his new Curve unlocked a few days ago via this website: orks very well. The code was received within minutes and it was the cheapest one he could find on the net
    DO NOT PAY ANYONE!! ITS FREE FOR THE ASKING.

READ THE RULES, NO SPAMMING!!! REPORTED!
    06-07-09 06:49 AM
    Just got off the phone with verizon.. they gave me the unlock code no questions asked. Popped a ATT sim card in the phone and it worked no issues.
    06-08-09 09:35 AM
    I have been calling AT&T for the past month trying to get the unlock code with no luck. Anyone have the direct line to someone who can help?
    06-10-09 09:34 PM
    I have been calling AT&T for the past month trying to get the unlock code with no luck. Anyone have the direct line to someone who can help?
    Something is wrong with this picture.

AT&T never gives trouble regardless of customer status. EVER!!

Just follow the script.
    06-10-09 09:41 PM
    Beware of peeps trying to sell you services via email for stuff that is totally free!!

Don't pay EVER!!! Its free!!
    06-10-09 10:25 PM
    So I really know nothing about my very new bb but the one site that I really need access to seems to be locked and I don't know what to do. My carrier is MTS in Canada... Anyone have any advice?
    06-10-09 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I will give them another call in the morning as it seems they are closed now. I just spent 4 hours trying to do it via software and almost bricked the device.
    06-10-09 11:59 PM
    DO NOT PAY ANYONE!! ITS FREE FOR THE ASKING.

READ THE RULES, NO SPAMMING!!! REPORTED!
    SPAMMING...?!?

Listen, here in Holland our providers DO NOT unlock your brand new BB for free within the 1st year of purchase! If you want it, you need to pay for it (+/- 100 euros!!!) so that's why I put in the link of the website!

I only placed the link on the website so it might help other people that do NOT have Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile or some other provider that will unlock your BB without questions...

It was only to help people that might face the same issue...
    06-11-09 09:09 AM
    That is a valid reason to buy an unlock.

But there are many here that use the forums to sell services.

The link is still prohibited though per the rules.

06-11-09 07:05 PM
    I don't know about that, I had no account at all with ATT and got mine unlocked free as did thousands of others,many who have posted here.

I'm talking about sim card phones owned free and clear.

They CANNOT keep that phone locked.

Not scamming, Spamming!!! this forum is not for business promotion.

Is vodaphone GSM with a sim??

Never had a bad experience, tried a few services for unlocking and ALL failed miserably. They all refunded my money.

Then I called ATT and bingo. FREE!
    06-11-09 07:32 PM
    can someone aware me to what the whole unlocking thing is?

sooo by unlocking you're no longer with a carrier, so how do you calculate/get charged for bandwidth usage, texts sent/received etc etc? I want a BB Bold from Rogers but a big beef I have with them is that they chage 60 cents per text from Canada to the US, so texting my girlfriend would be out of the question--would unlocking my Bold be a way around this?

I'm a complete n00b, someone (anyone?) enlighten me.

this kinda sounds too good to be true.

thanks!!
    06-11-09 10:08 PM
    Free only via wifi at a hotspot!!
    06-12-09 06:07 AM
    How would I get an unlock code from a Company that is no longer in business ie, Cell One?
    06-13-09 06:59 PM
    For which phone?
    06-13-09 07:18 PM
    Yes you can get unlock code for carrier out of business.
    06-13-09 09:08 PM
    very handy
    06-13-09 10:17 PM
1,342 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD