08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Is there a setting on the BB 8830 that validates your unlock?
    05-22-09 11:52 PM
    im a little surprised that nobody got together to figure out the mathmatical eqution for the unlock code.. its there just got to figure out the simularitys
    05-23-09 06:04 PM
    I just renewed a 2 year contract with AT&T after being with them for 5 years and wound up with a BB 8310, 2 days after I renewed the contract I requested the unlock code by phone to AT&T and they wanted too know why, I told them that when I am in other countries I want to use a SIM card I buy for using in the foreign countries and they told me I could pay high rates to use overseas AT&T networks, I told them that by law I have the right to use a different countries carriers so they finally sent me the unlock code.

AT&T needed the IMEI number of the phone and my customer account number.

It is finally unlocked.
    05-24-09 06:38 PM
    called tmo yesterday ask for the code.. and still havent gotten it yet.. maybe i should call back
    05-25-09 01:27 PM
    i'd call till the give you one
    05-25-09 02:34 PM
    What's the purpose of unlocking the BB?
    05-25-09 08:37 PM
    These posts are scaring me! LOL

I have TMobile and bought my friends locked AT&T Curve. I'm asking her for the IMEI numbers before she sends it so hopefully there will be no wait once I receive the phone (she's in another state).

So, I'm not an AT&T customer but I should call their International Customer Service number and ask for the Subsidy Unlock Code because I am flying to Mexico the following day and I need to be able to use it.

Won't they ask for my account information if I'm posing as a customer?

Also, I'm persistant and plan on calling back time after time after time after time after time if I need to.
    05-26-09 12:52 AM
    Had my Bb 7290 2 years, long enough for unlocking, phoned T-Mo & will get the unlocking code tomorrow, be able to use my Bb on holiday using the countries currency! Will keep my upgrade for UK usage & use as a sat nav anywhere!
    Last edited by Travellon; 05-27-09 at 05:37 AM.
    05-27-09 05:34 AM
    i was just curious, i'm sure this has been discussed but are there any dangers of giving out your imei number to third parties?
    05-27-09 06:09 AM
    In this regard, you in the US are lucky. Good luck trying this with rogers.
    05-27-09 07:15 AM
    I'm on my 3rd call to AT&T. They keep wanting my account information.
    05-28-09 12:54 AM
    Woo hoo, got an agent who was really nice. Gave me the code over the phone and said they have no problem giving it out so long as it's not active on an account which is why they ask for account info. I told her the truth, it wasn't my phone but that I bought it from a friend. She made sure it wasn't an active line on anyones account and then gave me all the info.

I didn't know I needed an AT&T SIM to unlock the phone though. She gave me these directions (posting here in case anyone is interested):

-Insert AT&T SIM
    -Power phone on
    -Turn Radio off/turn wireless option off
    -Select Settings--->Option--->Advanced Options--->SIM Card
    -Hold down Alt and type MEPD (it won't display on the device)
    -Hold down Alt and type MEP2 (again, won't display on device)
    -Enter unlock code
    -Then reboot

I'm gonna have to search for someone with AT&T service now so that I can use my phone. Or buy a SIM Card from an AT&T store use it and return it. Shh.

ETA She also said you have 5 attempts before your phone is locked and cannot be tried again so the phone would be useless. Is this true?
    05-28-09 01:07 AM
    Hello, i just got the bb storm 9530. been tryin to unlock it to use it with tmobile, but no luck yet. i even tried calling verizon, but they said i have to be a customer before they can unlock it for me. Stuck on tryin to unlock it for 3 days straight now, and still no luck. Somebody plz help
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-29-09 at 01:49 AM. Reason: removed IMEI and 11 "p's" from help
    05-29-09 01:22 AM
    anyone able to do this with rogers???
    05-29-09 03:29 AM
    Hello, i just got the bb storm 9530. been tryin to unlock it to use it with tmobile, but no luck yet. i even tried calling verizon, but they said i have to be a customer before they can unlock it for me. Stuck on tryin to unlock it for 3 days straight now, and still no luck. Somebody plz help
    you'll need a verizon customer to call in saying it's for them. also, as a former tmobile rep (yeah, i know, i sound so cool lol) tmobile generally limits 1 unlock per line every 6 months of service.

Also, I've heard (but may be wrong) but you can call tmobile with an at&t phone asking for them to unlock it for you if you're willing to switch to be a tmobile customer. and vice versa. got that in an email once, but never actually tried it. hope this helps, good luck.
    05-29-09 03:37 AM
    i should try that, but hard to find people with verizon service. also, do anyone know a name of a software that generates unlock bb phones.
    05-29-09 04:21 AM
    how unlock free the 9530?anyone help me
    05-30-09 12:36 AM
    Sounds good!
    05-30-09 01:04 AM
    I just got an phone upgrade from ATT. Got a curve 8310, old phone was a Curve 8300. Not much of a difference. I love the curve. Could of gotten then Bold but they were out of stock on it. And two days later after placing my order, I then found out that the curve 8900 was released on ATT :-(

But I will be calling ATT to request the unlock code for my 8300. I will use it for when I go to Dominican Republic, I have family out there and go at least once a year. Over there u can just get a SIM card from a local phone store and use it with local phone cards that you refill the minutes on the phone. It will only be used really for local calls. I will miss my emails, texts, and going on crackberry.com and posting in the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:45 AM
    Vodafone Indias playing hardball - my phones just a paper weight now.
    05-30-09 06:13 AM
    you'll need a verizon customer to call in saying it's for them. also, as a former tmobile rep (yeah, i know, i sound so cool lol) tmobile generally limits 1 unlock per line every 6 months of service.

Also, I've heard (but may be wrong) but you can call tmobile with an at&t phone asking for them to unlock it for you if you're willing to switch to be a tmobile customer. and vice versa. got that in an email once, but never actually tried it. hope this helps, good luck.
    Good idea!
    I also have a hard time unlocking when I also have that same phone, I end up switching to another phone.
    05-30-09 07:58 AM
    I have personally gotten 5 or more unlock codes for various models of phones, including my BB pearl. I simply called tmo,where i have been a loyal customer for almost 6 yrs, and they never exchanged a word, and i got them in a couple days. On a seperate note I bought an AT&T phone off ebay, and contacted att with an unlock request, and i have never been an att customer, and they were equally as nice and curteous and provided me with an unlock code, at that moment! I was blown away at the service they gave me, and im not even a customer. I dont think they mind giving the unlock codes, after all the handset dont do much more being unlocked.
    05-30-09 09:26 PM
    ok this is going 2b a stupid question but ima newbie what does unlocking your phone do?
    05-31-09 02:07 PM
    ok this is going 2b a stupid question but ima newbie what does unlocking your phone do?
    it just allows you to put a SIM card from another carrier than what the phone was original tended for.

Locked phone:
    T-Mobile Phone = a must T-Mobile Sim Card

Unlocked phone, then:
    T-Mobile Phone = Any GSM Sim card from any carrier.
    05-31-09 08:50 PM
    I called n AT&T and recieved my unlock code for my bold on the same phone call. I knew before they had to email it to you. But the lady on the phone just logged into another system, asked for my pin and gave me the unlock code. Simple as that, took all of 10 minutes.
    05-31-09 10:25 PM
1,342 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD