08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    I'm trying to unlock an 8320 I bought on Ebay. Since I'm not a TMobile customer, they will only send me the Unlock code if I fax them a receipt showing I paid full retail value. If I was a customer, they said they would email me it with 24 hours. Any TMobile customers wanna help me? This phone is brand new, but currently locked so I can't pop my ATT sim in it. Any and all help would be appreciated...

Ant, I've now tried three times, said I was going overseas, so on so forth, no luck at all... Even escalated to a manager two of the three times (didn't bother with the Indian CSR overseas)
    DONT pay anyone yet!! If you can't get a Tmo cust to call, keep calling.

It's illegal for them to keep your phone locked. Fax them a receipt for $300.00.
    Get the invoice thru a google search.

Make up a seller name they can't call.
    05-14-09 08:53 PM
    My bad then, so I'm sorry. I just clicked on the link to his Ebay feedback page and saw all the Ebay auctions where $40 was paid for an unlock code. Again, if this user helps CB unlock their phones, I apologize to him. Seems as though everyone in the world is trying to make a buck off everybody.

It's nice to know that there are still people out there that are willing to and want to help other people!

One question, what does a PIN on a blackberry do?
    That fool* should not be selling services here. Its against forum rules.

I reported him.
    05-14-09 08:55 PM
    Yes email me I can unlock all phones.
    READ THE RULES!!!
    05-14-09 08:57 PM
    You want $40 to unlock a phone? My oh my there must be stupid people out there willing to pay you for this code!

Isn't it against Crackberry policy to advertise your services on this forum?

Mods, you allow people like this on your forums when it's obvious that the thread title is people wanting to obtain unlock codes FREE of charge?
    Yes, the low life trolls like sea scum. they are reported.
    05-14-09 09:00 PM
    DONT pay anyone yet!! If you can't get a Tmo cust to call, keep calling.

It's illegal for them to keep your phone locked. Fax them a receipt for $300.00.
    Get the invoice thru a google search.

Make up a seller name they can't call.
    Well, I've tried, they must have cracked down since when you did it. I went up three levels of management, and no dice. I need someone with an active account in good standing to help me out, or I'll have to pay someone it appears. If anyone kind soul wants to help me out, I'll give you the IMEI number, just PM me... Thanks in advance
    05-14-09 09:17 PM
    Well, I've tried, they must have cracked down since when you did it. I went up three levels of management, and no dice. I need someone with an active account in good standing to help me out, or I'll have to pay someone it appears. If anyone kind soul wants to help me out, I'll give you the IMEI number, just PM me... Thanks in advance
    I never heard of them not providing the code for equipment you own, there is a suit pending JUST for that type situation.

Anyway, you can but a T-mo prepaid sim for $10.00. then call for the unlock.

You specifically asked for the SUBSIDY unlock? Did you ask what their basis is for NOT providing the code?
    Last edited by ant17; 05-14-09 at 09:27 PM.
    05-14-09 09:23 PM
    I noticed you have ATT above, who is the carrier?
    05-14-09 09:29 PM
    Phone is locked to TMobile, my service plan is ATT

and I asked about getting a Prepaid Sim, if then would they, and still no dice. I could sign up for new service, and then they'd give it to me after 90 days, despite my story about leaving for Europe on Monday.

I have the seller's name and address from ebay, still no dice, they need a phone number of a active account, they wouldn't look the person up by name or address.

Worst part, I don't know anyone with TMobile where I live in the mountains.

Again, anyone wants to help that has TMobile, will take you two minutes, won't cost a thing, and would be really doing me a huge favor, please PM me...
    05-14-09 09:44 PM
    ANT, you wanna try for me since you at least have a Tmobile account?
    05-14-09 09:46 PM
    ANT, you wanna try for me since you at least have a Tmobile account?
    I have PP.
    05-14-09 10:24 PM
    Phone is locked to TMobile, my service plan is ATT

and I asked about getting a Prepaid Sim, if then would they, and still no dice. I could sign up for new service, and then they'd give it to me after 90 days, despite my story about leaving for Europe on Monday.

I have the seller's name and address from ebay, still no dice, they need a phone number of a active account, they wouldn't look the person up by name or address.

Worst part, I don't know anyone with TMobile where I live in the mountains.

Again, anyone wants to help that has TMobile, will take you two minutes, won't cost a thing, and would be really doing me a huge favor, please PM me...
    Something is definitely wrong here, too many peeps in this thread got theirs unlocked including me. Search for that pending litigation.
    05-14-09 10:27 PM
    Searching for pending litigation won't do you or me a damn thing. You should try with my IMEI and see for yourself...
    05-15-09 12:08 AM
    Ok so I have tmobile and I have been reading some of these posts. What does "unlocking" your phone do exactly? Is there a down side?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 10:09 PM
    Sprint don't have sims.
    I have the 8350i... That Def. does have a sim. Not sure about the other sprint BB's.
    05-20-09 06:30 PM
    Very handy tip. Thanks for that. I managed to get mine unlocked when I took it to the dealer though.
    05-20-09 07:02 PM
    What about Verizon BBstorm customers? When I called Verizon, they only offered me a calling plan for $4.99 that would allow me to use the BB storm in Australia and pay roaming rate of 90 cents/min to call the US or receive calls from the US.
    05-21-09 02:05 AM
    You want to unlock phone so you can use your own sim card. If you are traveling you will want to buy a pre paid where minutes are cheap.
    05-21-09 06:57 AM
    Yup, very cool. I didn't even call TMo, I just used the online chat (you'll probably have to be a customer), took 5 minutes, and it's now in process.
    05-21-09 10:30 AM
    I need a code for mines too i have t mobile
    05-21-09 12:34 PM
    okay, I am brand new to this forum and to owning a Blackberry. Can someone please tell me why anyone would need to unlock their phone. What does that mean?
    05-21-09 11:06 PM
    okay, I am brand new to this forum and to owning a Blackberry. Can someone please tell me why anyone would need to unlock their phone. What does that mean?

You can put a SIM chip from another carrier in an unlocked phone. Otherwise you are restricted to the phone carrier that locked the phone. This mostly comes in handy when travelling overseas - it cost less to put in a prepaid SIM then to pay roaming charges.
    05-21-09 11:23 PM
    A little less than 24hrs later, my blackberry is unlocked.
    05-22-09 10:21 AM
    well if iam not mistaken verizon only have the storm blackberry that takes a sim card
    05-22-09 01:07 PM
    it doesnt work everytime , usually they flood user with questions
    05-22-09 01:12 PM
    Called AT&T yesterday, I just simply asked for the Unlock code and 3 min on hold I had it. Simple quick easy. oh I forgot....FREE!!!
    05-22-09 03:24 PM
1,342 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD