08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Thank you so much Gaganchow! I am excited! He is going to love his new gift! Yey!

Xoxo

- I will update and let everyone know what happened once I unlocked it.
    Thanks again!
    03-31-09 04:46 AM
    Hi,

You should get instructions in the email.

If not, this will work.

Try this:

When I received my unlock code, I powered up the Curve with NO SIM installed.

Cingular / AT&T Curve, 8300, 8800

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

7. Your phone is now unlocked

Hope this helps

Hello All,

I have a 8320 blackberry curve that I am giving to my boyfriend. The only problem is that he has a two year contract with AT&T, and the phone is locked to T-mobile. The first time I called t-mobile to obtain the unlock code the rep. told me I would have to add the phone to my account. I think he told me this out of ignorance as he kept saying please hold while I research this. I am a current customer of t-mobile with an unlocked iphone (from AT&T -lol, the irony). I am on the phone for the second time with t- mobile as i am writing this ....This time the rep asked less questions and did not tell me I had to add the phone to my account. The unlock code will be coming in 24 hours via email. - which proves, again, if one rep. does not dish it out like you want try again!

Now half the battle is finished, but I asked him if there were directions also sent through the email with the unlock code, and he said,"No, you will half to call back for instruction." -
    - So, to save the hassle of calling t-mobile again for the instructions on how to unlock the phone once i have received the unlock code- can any one please give me the directions on how to do so? I would greatly appreciate it and I thank everyone for contributing to this very helpful forum! Thanks alot!!

Also, info about how to obtain the unlock code is on T-mobile's website, it is your right after all esp. if it is on their website!
    03-31-09 06:55 AM
    i wasnt given instructions on how to enter the code but i was given the code because verizon service is still out in my area, and i havent found the instructions on here yet. i would appreciate any help unlocking my storm.
    03-31-09 11:21 AM
    hey i emailed u and no response so....i looked through here and figured it out for myself thanks though.
    04-01-09 02:52 AM
    will this work for UK carriers.
    04-01-09 03:39 PM
    Okay...I've read about 30 pages of posts in this thread and am getting dizzy. New to unlocking...I don't think the advice I've seen here works for me, as I'm trying to get a carrier OTHER than my own to unlock for me, so that I can continue on with my current carrier (but with a phone they don't offer). Here is my situation, and I am desperate for advice:

-I am an AT&T customer with 9 months left on my contract and circumstances that make it impractical to leave AT&T (husband and kids on AT&T, etc.)
    -my 8310 is on its last legs and I need a replacement quickly
    -I want the Curve 8900
    -My experiences with my 8310 were spotty enough that I want to make sure I preserve the warranty/customer service on whatever I buy
    -I actually have a T-Mobile phone as well, but I don't fully understand my customer standing as it's just an attachment to my parents' family talk plan - I never see a bill

So...questions:

1. Do I go to T-Mobile, buy the non-discounted 8900 (for $499 or whatever), and walk out? Then get it unlocked by Horizon Wireless or similar outfit? Presumably it's obvious to T-Mobile (when I don't sign up for a contract) that this is what I'm going to do -- but I don't ask them about the unlocking, right?

2. If I do this -- buy a T-Mobile phone and walk out with no contract, heading off for a different carrier -- does my warranty stay the same? Does Blackberry's manufacturer's warranty alter in any way if I unlock the phone to switch carriers?

3. Lastly, once I buy and unlock and stick my SIM card in, if I run into problems with my phone not working/software issues, etc., I assume AT&T customer service won't be able to help me, since this isn't a phone that they sell? Who will? I'm nervous about owning a phone for the next 2 years with a service provider that won't assist me with it. I have been a magnet for technical problems this past year...

Thx so much for any advice/answers!
    04-06-09 11:43 PM
    Hi,
    Im Eng. quteabah from iraq , i bought a 8830 from someone and found that it locked to sprint.
    Can you help me to get free unlock code to getting started with blackberry world.
    many thanks
    04-07-09 05:22 AM
    ok folks,
    I see alot of services on here, mostlt ATT and Tmo. I have a Storm 9530 with Verizon that was given to me by a friend. It was never activated on thier network. So do I call Verizon and ask for the subsidy unlock code? I am not a customer of thiers and would like to use tis phone on my companies ATT network. Hope ya all can help me here!
    04-08-09 08:59 PM
    I'm new to the bb world and was curious exactly what does unlocking phone mean?

Thanks
    04-08-09 09:03 PM
    I just called Bell and requested if they can give me a "subsidy unlock code" for my storm, but they said that there is no unlock code for it and I have to use my sim card that came with the phone if I want to use it else where besides Canada...

Any suggestions on how I can get an unlock code on Bell Mobility?
    04-08-09 09:59 PM
    so what is the options if the carrier of the phone doesnt want to provide the unlock code and you dont wanna pay 25 bucks for a code that may or may not work?
    04-09-09 05:19 PM
    ok one last question if you found out that your phone has an IT lock on it how do you go about getting around that? i dont even know where the phone has the lock through so i dont know who to contact about that
    04-09-09 05:49 PM
    hii.. i want to know if someone can help me because i bougth 3 bb curve 8900 ( usa t-mobile) lock but i dont live in USA so i cant call t-mobile for the codes, and i cant buy the unlock code because i life in venezuela and here we just have 400 $ to buy things by internet, and i've already use my 400$
    04-10-09 06:59 PM
    I have a storm and was wondering if I unlock it to use it in another county will it affect my Verizon service when I come back? Will I still have access to my email in another country?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 04:43 PM
    Yes when you unlock Storm you can use it on any gsm network worldwide. When you come back just a matter of changing setting to get VZW CDMA back in use.
    Let us know if you need code
    04-12-09 05:17 PM
    All I have to do is call and ask for the unlock code right

04-12-09 05:30 PM
    I have a blackberry storm under telus
    but i have a fido contract,
    how can i get the unlocking code??
    and if i can, is it free?

thanks to who ever may be able to answer this question for me!
    04-12-09 06:34 PM
    Yes when you unlock Storm you can use it on any gsm network worldwide. When you come back just a matter of changing setting to get VZW CDMA back in use.
    Let us know if you need code
    see below aaaa
    Last edited by ant17; 04-12-09 at 09:15 PM.
    04-12-09 09:11 PM
    I have a storm and was wondering if I unlock it to use it in another county will it affect my Verizon service when I come back? Will I still have access to my email in another country?

Don't ask or pay anyone for the unlock code. They are selling you something.

Ask ONLY the service provider and no one else.

Its FREE, always has been.

Follow the link below to this forum, FREE no selling of any kind.
    04-12-09 09:13 PM
    Wow I just unlocked my Storm. It was easy took about 5 minutes and the lady just told me the directions over the phone.

04-12-09 09:21 PM
    Wow I just unlocked my Storm. It was easy took about 5 minutes and the lady just told me the directions over the phone.

Excellente!!!! and FREE too!!!
    04-12-09 09:23 PM
    now I have the code to unlock the phone I dont know where to go to put it in, I did what the other person told me but I have a t mo sim in a at&t phone and it wont let me into that area to enter the code.
    04-13-09 11:48 PM
    now I have the code to unlock the phone I dont know where to go to put it in, I did what the other person told me but I have a t mo sim in a at&t phone and it wont let me into that area to enter the code.
    You followed the instructions posted in this thread?
    04-14-09 01:00 AM
    Well it depends on a mobile provider.
    04-14-09 03:02 AM
    I just bought an unlocked Bold and when I came to setup the BB internet service I kept being rejected with this error message <<Invalid PIN or EMEI format>>. Have I bought a fake? My provider says that they have never seen this error message before.
    04-14-09 07:28 AM
1,342 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD