08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Called Verizon and they unlocked my phone for free in 10 minutes!!! WOW i feel special! just call 800-711-8300 tell them you want to unlock your bb device, they were very helpful for once. They only require your account be active for atleast 60 days.
    also called verzion today to ask for the unloc code and the rep was really nice to me guided me through the process without asking any questions, all you have to do is have the account active for at least 60 days and pay all our bills on time.
    im switching to tmobile though, i dont know what their policy is, has anyone asked tmobile for an unlock code, if so, how did it go?
    03-24-09 10:42 PM
    Got mine from T-mo in 2 days.
    03-25-09 05:24 AM
    Hi here's my scenario:

Boyfriend's service is through TMo, his sister has service with AT&T and been with AT&T for over 2 years. She recently upgraded her phone to an LG Shine (I know, I wanted to cry too) and gave my boyfriend her BB 8310.

1. Do we (me or boyfriend) just call AT&T and ask for unlock code? Do we need to go through telling them that the phone will be used oversees?

or

2. Will it be easier for his sister to call AT&T and ask for the code and just let them know that she gave the phone to her brother?

Thanks All
    03-25-09 09:16 AM
    free for 2 8320 and 1 moto from t-mobile. i think that after 3 months with t-mobile, you can request for unlock code (limit to one per 90days per customer). they may internally evaluate case by case. but i have been tmo usuer for almost 6 years. that might make it easier. i am planning to unlock my new 8900 once i reach that 3 months mark
    03-25-09 04:07 PM
    Just did this with AT&T... Called them up, told the lady I was going to be traveling overseas in the next few weeks and I needed to unlock the phone so I could use other GSM Sim Cards. Asked for my IMEI, asked for my Email and before I was off of the phone with her the Email with the unlock code and instructions was in my Email box... Free.99
    03-25-09 05:11 PM
    Yes and yes
    03-25-09 07:02 PM
    thats some good info
    03-25-09 07:41 PM
    Called T-Mobile on Tuesday... I did need to find the IMEI number (Alt + Shift + H) while on the phone... almost exactly 24 hours later I received my unlock code and instructions in an email from T-Mobile. Quick... not exactly easy instructions, but do-able.
    03-26-09 07:16 AM
    I called ATT last week, had to give my IMEI and e-mail. Took a few days to get things sorted out but the Italy story works great!

With ATT they require you to add an international calling feature to your phone but it's free and took 2 seconds.

They initially made a typo on my IMEI # and said they couldn't give me the code. Called, corrected the # and got the unlock code over the phone.

Thanks for the advice - saved me at least $15!!!!!
    03-26-09 10:29 AM
    I just got the unlock code to my blackberry in under an hour..

But when i go to try to unlock it, it says i need a valid SIM card first... something i do not have.

It is an ATT/cingular phone... and i am trying to put my t-mo card in. It won't even register the first key sequence to put in the code.
    03-26-09 03:49 PM
    Great,

I paid 4 services none of which got me the unlock, I got refunds, but the point is, I just called ATT and got it free.

Therefore I started this thread.

cheers

I called ATT last week, had to give my IMEI and e-mail. Took a few days to get things sorted out but the Italy story works great!

With ATT they require you to add an international calling feature to your phone but it's free and took 2 seconds.

They initially made a typo on my IMEI # and said they couldn't give me the code. Called, corrected the # and got the unlock code over the phone.

Thanks for the advice - saved me at least $15!!!!!
    03-26-09 07:53 PM
    I just got the unlock code to my blackberry in under an hour..

But when i go to try to unlock it, it says i need a valid SIM card first... something i do not have.

It is an ATT/cingular phone... and i am trying to put my t-mo card in. It won't even register the first key sequence to put in the code.
    Ignore that message, I unlocked mine without a card in.
    03-26-09 07:53 PM
    I would love to ignore the message.. but when i hold alt and punch in MEPD and then again hold alt and punch in MEP2 , There is NO prompt that says Enter unlock code.

It's as if it's not registering the commands at all.
    03-27-09 12:02 AM
    so i need some help.. i have a blackberry 8110 that broke so a friend gave me a 8310 mine is currently centennial service and the phone given to me was an at&t. the 8310 didnt come with a sim. what exactly do i need to unlock this phone to other gsm networks i know that i need the code but do i need a sim? any help would be grateful. thanks in advance
    03-27-09 12:35 AM
    I would love to ignore the message.. but when i hold alt and punch in MEPD and then again hold alt and punch in MEP2 , There is NO prompt that says Enter unlock code.

It's as if it's not registering the commands at all.
    Sorry I didn't see that your doing an 8100, I did an 8310. No sim.
    03-27-09 05:51 AM
    How about for Verizon?
    03-27-09 01:18 PM
    i have never had to unlock a phone before, and this is very helpful info. i just wish i had known it long ago, so i could have saved money on phones.
    03-27-09 02:22 PM
    I recently unlocked two 9530's and all I had to do was call VZW's Global Support Team and tell them I was going over seas, make sure the phones were activated on my account, and the phones had to be purchased from a corporate VZW store. Got the unlock codes with no problem but when I am trying to activate them with an AT&T SIM nothing happens... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-28-09 10:06 AM
    Would this work if I dont currently have an account with AT&T. I have T-Mobile but I recently purchased a free refurbished Blackberry Bold with a 2-year contract(the one day deal). Im planning on not activating my account once the Bold is delivered. Would I still be able to call AT&T and get the unlock code, and just put my t-mobile SIM card in? Do the AT&T reps ask for your account info when you ask for the unlock code?
    03-28-09 10:49 PM
    Would this work if I dont currently have an account with AT&T. I have T-Mobile but I recently purchased a free refurbished Blackberry Bold with a 2-year contract(the one day deal). Im planning on not activating my account once the Bold is delivered. Would I still be able to call AT&T and get the unlock code, and just put my t-mobile SIM card in? Do the AT&T reps ask for your account info when you ask for the unlock code?
    You can, its all in this thread, read starting from post #1.
    03-29-09 08:17 AM
    so what behind this makes my bb free?
    03-29-09 10:59 PM
    anyone tried to unlock BB with Bell Mobility??????
    03-30-09 12:52 AM
    Hello All,

I have a 8320 blackberry curve that I am giving to my boyfriend. The only problem is that he has a two year contract with AT&T, and the phone is locked to T-mobile. The first time I called t-mobile to obtain the unlock code the rep. told me I would have to add the phone to my account. I think he told me this out of ignorance as he kept saying please hold while I research this. I am a current customer of t-mobile with an unlocked iphone (from AT&T -lol, the irony). I am on the phone for the second time with t- mobile as i am writing this ....This time the rep asked less questions and did not tell me I had to add the phone to my account. The unlock code will be coming in 24 hours via email. - which proves, again, if one rep. does not dish it out like you want try again!

Now half the battle is finished, but I asked him if there were directions also sent through the email with the unlock code, and he said,"No, you will half to call back for instruction." -
    - So, to save the hassle of calling t-mobile again for the instructions on how to unlock the phone once i have received the unlock code- can any one please give me the directions on how to do so? I would greatly appreciate it and I thank everyone for contributing to this very helpful forum! Thanks alot!!

Also, info about how to obtain the unlock code is on T-mobile's website, it is your right after all esp. if it is on their website!
    03-31-09 03:28 AM
    Grimwallis,

Follow these instructions to unlock your 8320:

Go to Manage Connections and uncheck Mobile Network and Wi-Fi.

Go to Settings then select Options and select Advanced Options and scroll down to and select SIM Card.

Type in "mepd" (There is no box or anything, just type it).

Your Personalization screen will appear and you will see that Network is Active meaning it is locked to the specific carrier.

Type in "mep2" (There is no box or anything, just type it).

A box will appear saying "Enter Network MEP Code".

This is where you will enter the unlock code you obtained and press the scroll ball in to to continue.

If done successfully, the screen will say "Code Accepted".

Network will now be "Disabled" meaning the BlackBerry 8320 is unlocked.

Take out the battery, put in the SIM card for the carrier you would like to use, and place the battery back in after 15 seconds.

After your phone fully powers up, you want to go to Manage Connections and check Mobile Network and Wi-Fi.
    03-31-09 03:38 AM
    Silly Phone Companies, trying to jail us into to their services so they can greedily consume our money! If you buy something, you should be able to choose what you want to do with it- it is your right! Thankfully people are thinking out of the box to get around this. "Beating the system" yey!
    03-31-09 03:39 AM
1,342 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD