08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Do you think they have notes saying I said I'm leaving in April? That's about a month away. Too long to have a prepaid SIM card coming? Should I just call back and tell them the same thing I told the other one? Going to Italy in April, *add in that I have a prepaid SIM card on the way* and ask for the code? Also you think they might ask what kind of SIM card it is? What answer should I give if they do?
    03-07-09 04:26 PM
    No need to come up with a real elaborate story or anything like that. I would simply explain that you are leaving next week and your trip will last into April just in case there is any misunderstanding from your previous call. Make you to tell them that you ordered a prepaid SIM card and in order to use it, you need to unlock your phone. If they ask, tell them that the card is coming soon and you want the code now to be ready for it so you don't have to worry about doing all of this the last minute before your big trip. If asked, tell them that you are traveling throughout Europe (UK, Germany, Italy etc.) and the prepaid SIM is a much better deal than their international roaming fees.
    03-07-09 04:34 PM
    Got it, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
    03-07-09 04:42 PM
    Anytime...good luck!
    03-07-09 04:43 PM
    I am new to unlocking phones, I have BlackBerry 8330 service with Sprint, what is the benefits of unlocking the phone. Thanks
    03-08-09 03:15 PM
    The Sprint is CDMA so you can not unlock it. If you have a Sprint with nextel, you can unlock the SIM but I am not sure if there is any advantage to that. On the world edition of the device, the SIM can be unlocked to work on domestic GSM carriers like T-Mobile or AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 05:13 PM
    this doesn't work effectively; when u call cross your fingers and pray you get a rep in a good mood and u "may" get the code
    03-09-09 12:24 AM
    Thanks for the advice.

I will call T-Mobile to unlock my 8320
    03-09-09 10:33 PM
    I purchased a blackberry storm on ebay but my email does not work, when ever i tried setting it up its saying pin has been registered already. Can anyone help me to resolved this issue?
    03-09-09 10:54 PM
    Ok, for clarification - I have a new Curve 8310 from ATT. Since it is not a GSM phone, are there any real benefits to unlocking it if I do not travel overseas? Will I get free service in the U.S., in another carrier's area without changing SIM cards?
    03-12-09 11:51 PM
    Ok, for clarification - I have a new Curve 8310 from ATT. Since it is not a GSM phone, are there any real benefits to unlocking it if I do not travel overseas? Will I get free service in the U.S., in another carrier's area without changing SIM cards?
    The Curve 8310 is a GSM device that can be unlocked. When a device is unlocked, it allows other branded SIM card to work in it and obtain service. Since the 8310 is originally an AT&T phone, if you unlocked it, you could use a T-Mobile SIM card in it here in the US. In Canada, you could use a Rogers SIM card. If traveling overseas, you could purchase a prepaid SIM card rather than paying international roaming fees.
    Last edited by gaganchow; 03-12-09 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-12-09 11:55 PM
    So I would still need a SIM card for the service I wanted to use? It would not allow me access to another service with my ATT SIM card?
    03-13-09 12:09 AM
    The SIM card you have in your device will determine what cellular network you use.

03-13-09 12:21 AM
    I can use any service with my current SIM card? Is there a charge for calls on other services? Is there a charge as long as I don't exceed my ATT minutes regardless of the service area I am in? If not, COOL! If so, how are they billed - my ATT bill? Do they get my info from the phone? Sorry for being such a noob.
    03-13-09 12:27 AM
    I can use any service with my current SIM card? Is there a charge for calls on other services? Is there a charge as long as I don't exceed my ATT minutes regardless of the service area I am in? If not, COOL! If so, how are they billed - my ATT bill? Do they get my info from the phone? Sorry for being such a noob.
    If you swap your AT&T SIM for another carriers then your AT&T account does
    not matter. You would have to find the other carriers billing structure as they
    are all pretty much different.
    03-13-09 12:54 AM
    I assume that you have an account with AT&T. They allow you a fixed number of minutes per month. If you have a national plan with no roaming charges, it does not matter what network you are using because it is included in your AT&T national plan. Regional plans are different as they charge a premium for calls made or received outside your home area.

03-13-09 12:57 AM
    ..and if I use my ATT SIM in another carrier's area?
    03-13-09 12:58 AM
    Is it possible to get an unlock code for a Dobson Cellular RARZ V3? ATT bought Dobson last year.
    03-13-09 01:00 AM
    ..and if I use my ATT SIM in another carrier's area?
    Again, it depends on what plan you have with AT&T.

03-13-09 01:00 AM
    Is it possible to get an unlock code for a Dobson Cellular RARZ V3? ATT bought Dobson last year.
    As long as the Razr uses a SIM card, it can be unlocked to accept any carrier's SIM.

03-13-09 01:02 AM
    Again, it depends on what plan you have with AT&T.

So as long as I didn't exceed my minutes, no charge?
    03-13-09 01:04 AM
    As long as the Razr uses a SIM card, it can be unlocked to accept any carrier's SIM.

Where would I get the code for the Dobson phone?
    03-13-09 01:06 AM
    So as long as I didn't exceed my minutes, no charge?
    You need to verify that you have a national plan in order to not incur any roaming charges.

03-13-09 01:08 AM
    Where would I get the code for the Dobson phone?
    There are services available that can email you an unlock code along with unlocking instructions.

Horizonwirelessonline.com is a good company to deal with as they advertise here on crackbery.

03-13-09 01:10 AM
    You need to verify that you have a national plan in order to not incur any roaming charges.

I have a Nationwide plan.
    03-13-09 01:10 AM
1,342 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD