08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Sweet. Not an att customer and now I have an ATT unlock code...10 minutes talking. Just say youe moving to Italy. HAHAH
    02-03-09 07:41 PM
    I used to work for AT&T and most of the time we didn't even have the unlock code in our system. Other times the customer wasn't eligible for the unlock even if they were traveling out of the country. Many times it is easier to just go to a third party and unlock it for a little money.

Main reason: save yourself the hassle of the wait or dealing with ******** people at the company.

Most places are even offering instant blackberry unlocking for a reasonable price ($35).
    02-03-09 11:25 PM
    i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?
    If it is unlocked, no need to have a contract with anyone. If you go to AT&T and you already have a phone, they will tell you that you need a contract to use their service, but if you already have the phone, they are lying.

No need for VZW contract if your phone is unlocked.
    02-03-09 11:28 PM
    So I'm a newbee and I don't get this. When you unlock the bb
    Its like a pirate phone no payment and full use of the bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:09 AM
    At the risk of sounding like a total **** what are the benefits to getting your carrier to unlock your phone besides traveling over seas

02-04-09 01:22 AM
    i saw that some non-ATT customers have been able to get unlock codes from them...

...but have any non T-mobile customers been able to do the same with them?

i no longer have t-mobile plus the account was not under my name when i was.

also wondering what non ATT customers said to get it unlocked. can't see "im going out of the country" working since the phone is not in service anyway.
    02-04-09 03:56 AM
    Benefit? You can use the phone on any GSM provider.
    02-04-09 07:10 AM
    tmobile refuses to give me code to unlock my blackberry pearl 8100.i bought the phone off craigslist inserted my sims card and said invalid sims card.i contacted att they said contact tmobile i did they said the original owner had to call to get the code well she refuses to do so now I'm stuck with a useless phone.
    02-05-09 12:06 AM
    tmobile refuses to give me code to unlock my blackberry pearl 8100.i bought the phone off craigslist inserted my sims card and said invalid sims card.i contacted att they said contact tmobile i did they said the original owner had to call to get the code well she refuses to do so now I'm stuck with a useless phone.
    02-05-09 12:08 AM
    what does unlocking the phone do for it?
    02-06-09 11:13 AM
    I have a Pearl 8120 that I used with Cincinnati Bell before I switched to Verizon and got my Storm. I called CB to ask for the unlock code and they said it was their policy not to give them out. I explained, rather politely I might add, that I am getting ready to travel overseas, and would like to unlock it. Still the gentleman denied me. Has anyone had any luck with Cincinnati Bell getting the code directly from them?? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
    02-08-09 12:29 PM
    calling a service provider doesnt work all the time
    02-08-09 01:13 PM
    okay i got an at&t bb curve off of ebay. it was listed as unlocked but actually locked. Im with tmobile and want to use the curve with it. who do i go to to get the curve unlocked? Tmobile or at&t? Can I also have the contact info too? Also what should i say in order to get the bb unlock? ThANKS!!
    02-08-09 04:40 PM
    Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Nice G.
    Nice G: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat. My name is Nice. How may I help you?
    <name removed>: I would like the unlock code for my Curve 8320
    Nice G: I understand you would like to unlock your Blackberry Curve.
    <name removed>: You understand that because I just said it, yes
    Nice G: I would be glad to process youe request but first I need to verify some account information.
    <name removed>: Sure
    Nice G: May I please have the last four digits of your Social Security Number?
    <name removed>: 4544
    Nice G: Thank you for providing that information.
    Nice G: Please dial *#06# from your handset and let me know what number comes back.
    <name removed>: ok, I got it
    <name removed>: 355167.01.224955.7
    Nice G: May I know why do you need to unlock your phone?
    <name removed>: I will be traveling.
    Nice G: Thanks for that.
    Nice G: May I know your email address?
    Nice G: Since unlock code will be sent via email.
    <name removed>: <email removed>
    Nice G: Thanks for that.
    Nice G: Please stand by while I process your request.
    Nice G: Thank you for patiently waiting.
    Nice G: I have process the request.
    <name removed>: How long will it take?
    Nice G: Here is your Unlock Request #2412438 for reference.
    Nice G: Please be advise of the following information:
    Nice G: -Mobile relies on the device manufacturer to provide the unlock code.
    Nice G: The request takes up to 24 hours to complete. In some cases, T-Mobile must contact the manufacturer directly to obtain the unlock code. This can take up to 14 days.
    Nice G: T-Mobile cannot guarantee a response time or an unlock code for all equipment.
    Nice G: So probably you will receive the email within 24 hours.
    Nice G: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    <name removed>: Thank you, good day.
    Nice G: You are welcome.
    Nice G: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, have a great day!
    <name removed>: glad to be talking to you, I am.
    02-11-09 01:58 PM
    what do u unlock the phone whats can u do when its unlocked??
    02-12-09 12:36 AM
    what do u unlock the phone whats can u do when its unlocked??
    you can stick in any SIM card and it will work. You wouldn't know because you are with Bell which is CDMA (does not use SIM cards). you can unlock certain Bell/Telus phones they have a GSM portion if it is a "world phone" so that business people can stick in foreign sims when they travel for business, and not be stuck with huge roaming fees. an example would be the BlackBerry Storm. its CDMA but has a GSM portion u can unlock it and use it on Rogr/Fido....only catch is that you will only get EDGE speed not 3G (HSPDA).

hope that helps!
    02-12-09 12:55 AM
    pay $20 and get it unlocked sheesh! there are PLENTY of places/people that do it.
    02-12-09 12:59 AM
    Not to toot our own horn, but our prices are pretty good, we have a pretty good rep on the boards. We sponsor contests here on CB and many Mods here on CB like our service. Also, use "economy" when you check out and get $10 bucks off
    02-12-09 01:06 AM
    I want to get a storm will verizon unlock it for me if I'm not a customer? Also I have 2 bb's locked to tmo I want to get those unlocked as well. I am a tmo customer so do I ask for bb or customer care for the codes?
    02-12-09 12:17 PM
    I've never paid for an unlock code. I always just call in and tell them I'm traveling overseas with an oversea SIM card. I go on hold for a minute or 2 then BAM, the rep gives me the number! Its so easy I don't know why people insist on paying for codes.

02-12-09 05:05 PM
    In re to 3 posts earlier, it's tough to turn your nose up to a measly eight canadian bones.

These days, that is closer to free than wasting time on the phone trying to get it without shelling out any coinage.
    02-12-09 07:51 PM
    Not to toot our own horn, but our prices are pretty good, we have a pretty good rep on the boards. We sponsor contests here on CB and many Mods here on CB like our service. Also, use "economy" when you check out and get $10 bucks off
    I concur. This, IMHO, is the absolute best company anywhere for all of your BlackBerry needs. Fast, professional, reputable company. I use them all the time and recommend them whenever I can.
    02-13-09 04:54 PM
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World&rsquo;s Cellular Repair Center promotes.has contests here on CB quite a bit and is used by most of the Mod staff. Highly recommended.
    02-13-09 10:19 PM
    Need help.. newbie here...

I bought a BB8830 WE (sprint branded) UNLOCKED phone from an online retailer.. cant get a hold of their CS.. can anyone tell if my phone is in fact unlocked?? here is my settings listed :
    Under the Advanced Options>SIM>
    SIM CARD: Security Disabled
    ID: (shows an ID # 18 digits)
    SIM: disabled
    Network: active
    Network Subset: disabled
    Service Provider: disabled
    Corporate: disabled

I'm traveling to Thailand and the Philippines in a week and need to know if it unlocked and I can use the local sim cards for those countries.. MANY MANY thanks for all helpful input!!!
    02-14-09 07:11 PM
    2 calls to ATT and they both said they would create a case - then I'd have to send in a fax with this and that information...apparently just for the bold and iphone. lovely
    02-24-09 05:39 PM
1,342 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD