08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    They did for a 8330, telling them it was for international travel. Not sure if it makes a difference that its on a business plan but it can't hurt to try.

Rogers never carried the 8330, thats a world phone offered by Telus and Bell (both CDMA carriers). rogers only offered the 8300, 8310, and now most recently the 8320. the only world phone they offered for a short period of time was the factory unlocked version of the 8800.

rogers does NOT give out unlock codes anymore (if they ever did). Verizon is the one that does.
    01-06-09 06:02 AM
    I am on AT&T and i just got an 8320 Locked to TMOBILE. I asked for an ulock code, and they told me I have to call TMOBILE.

I called TMOBILE, Explained i got the phone as a gift, but im on AT&T and that i need to have it unlocked. Tmobile told me that I have to be a customer of theres in order to get an unlock code. So i seem to be out of luck without spending money???? Can anyone help with this? What do I have to say to them so that they just give me the code? I have a realy nice phone that Is sitting on my desk and is no use to me without the code.
    01-06-09 08:53 AM
    I am on AT&T and i just got an 8320 Locked to TMOBILE. I asked for an ulock code, and they told me I have to call TMOBILE.

I called TMOBILE, Explained i got the phone as a gift, but im on AT&T and that i need to have it unlocked. Tmobile told me that I have to be a customer of theres in order to get an unlock code. So i seem to be out of luck without spending money???? Can anyone help with this? What do I have to say to them so that they just give me the code? I have a realy nice phone that Is sitting on my desk and is no use to me without the code.
    Call AT&T and add the locked TMobile to your plan. Then tell them you want the unlock code for it. Then remove it from your AT&T plan. You might have to add the phone then hang up and call them back to get the unlock code.

They might not add the phone to your account though if they can't find the IMEI number. The phone won't work once it's added to your account, but that's ok since you want it unlocked.
    01-06-09 08:58 AM
    I called AT&T yesterday and the woman was very nice but said it needed to be forwarded to another department and I would hear within a week. Today I got an e-mail stating that it was denied and to call customer service if I had questions. I called CS and was told that the notes said it was declined because I'm still under contract (3 more months). I told them that I would file a complaint with the FCC and wanted this escalated to a manager. I waited on hold for another 20 minutes and was then told that the manager got the code for me and they gave it to me. When I put it in it said code error. I will call them back later to complain about being given the wrong code. I already tried it twice and don't want to screw up my phone. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What will it say on the screen when the proper code is entered? Thanks.

-Dave-
    01-06-09 01:27 PM
    I believe it says "Code Accepted"
    01-06-09 01:29 PM
    I'm using an ATT branded Bold on the ATT network. Do I need to unlock my Bold to be able to use a VOIP app for BlackBerrys?
    01-06-09 02:05 PM
    It seems that I lit them up so badly on the phone that they didn't pay attention and gave me the unlock code to my old 8800 that used to be on my account before I replaced it with the curve months ago. When I called back the second time the new CS rep was much nicer and gave me the proper code right away. It does say "code accepted" when it's the right one.
    01-06-09 10:50 PM
    VZW has stopped giving out unlock codes to anyone. You must have account in good standing for 60 days. Now you can only unlock 1 phone in a ten month period
    01-07-09 07:05 AM
    Anybody ever tried to get the unlocking code from Telus Canada? I did tried, the first rep not even got what I was talking about, the second just spent time helping me but he couldn't find any information regarding unlocking in his data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have tried three different services and can not get yet
    01-07-09 07:08 AM
    VZW Global didn't give me any hassle for the unlock code. Called, put me on hold, got me someone that could do it, explained to me how to do it, gave me the code and then bang, unlocked.
    Now I can go overseas and get one of those SIM that is like 1/3 of the price of VZW.
    01-07-09 01:04 PM
    Need to confirm that my bold is unlocked. How do you know the code worked? What should the screen say? any help will be appreciated.
    01-09-09 08:09 AM
    Need to confirm that my bold is unlocked. How do you know the code worked? What should the screen say? any help will be appreciated.
    Go to Options > Advanced Options >SIM Card > type mepd (nothing will show
    on your screen whenyou type this)
    On the screen that pops up Network should show as Disabled

SCREENSHOT

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-09-09 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Added screenshot
    01-09-09 08:22 AM
    I am basically in your situation too Pin9, as I have read it, you need to call t-mobile or get some one with a t-mobile account to call them and give the CSR both IMEI#'s from the phones (under the battery). They (t-mobile) will email the unlock codes and instructions to the e-mail you provide, or over the phone, I guess it depends on the CSR, good luck..
    This is where I am at. I bought a TMobile 8320 and want to use it on AT&T.
    I don't know anyone that uses TMO.
    If I call TMO myself do I tell them I got the phone as a gift or that I bought it off of CL? I only know the guys first name I bought it from.

Thanks in advance.
    01-16-09 12:57 AM
    i have a question: i don't know if it was answered, but i would just like a straight forward answer....

if i were to buy a verizon BB storm (just the phone) and get it unlocked via verizon (to work with my rogers simcard)...would that work? do i need to have a verizon contract?
    01-16-09 09:51 PM
    I had to unlock my blackberry from at&t. i told my wife to call c.s. and tell them she was going to europe.they gave her the runaround the first time, she called back, the rep gave it up.. simple..
    01-20-09 05:35 PM
    I had to unlock my blackberry from at&t. i told my wife to call c.s. and tell them she was going to europe.they gave her the runaround the first time, she called back, the rep gave it up.. simple..

ya that's AT&T, Rogers does not give out unlock codes
    01-21-09 12:39 AM
    excuse me for being a newbie, but whats the big idea of having the phone unlock? Again excuse me for not knowing.....
    01-26-09 09:45 AM
    excuse me for being a newbie, but whats the big idea of having the phone unlock? Again excuse me for not knowing.....
    It allows you to use your phone with other carriers. You can use your Bold with T-Mobile if it is unlocked.

Also unlocked phones usually sell for more.
    01-26-09 10:10 AM
    Took me all of five minutes request, less than 24 hrs to get codes for multiple devices in email. Fantastic!
    01-26-09 11:37 AM
    Took me all of five minutes request, less than 24 hrs to get codes for multiple devices in email. Fantastic!
    My problem is I am with AT&T and the phone I have is on TMO.
    I guess I would need someone who has a TMO account to call in for me.
    01-26-09 12:03 PM
    anybody send me unlock code blackberry 8700g imei 357646001907038 thanks advance help
    01-28-09 01:18 AM
    I got bb with my new job, it is used for data only and is through sprint, i can only place 911 calls, is there a way to activate calls? And if so, will Sprint or my work find out?
    01-30-09 06:16 PM
    I got bb with my new job, it is used for data only and is through sprint, i can only place 911 calls, is there a way to activate calls? And if so, will Sprint or my work find out?
    The account your BB is on would be the corporate account of your employer. You should check with your manager before doing anything to it. Your employer will likely know if you make any changes to the account. Don't take a chance on violating company policy and getting fired for it.
    01-31-09 04:02 PM
    This is a new phone. My husband decided these blackberry's are the way to go. Unfortunately I don't know how to use most of it although I hear that there are some pretty cool things on here. I am trying to figure out how to use the blackberry messager. My husband and one of my close friends has a blackberry. Can I message them and it won't count on my usage? the other thing is today I called to get my account balance and after the initial call went through, it wouldn't let me put my account number or any number once I was in the system. If any one knows the in's and outs of this thing, please let me know!
    01-31-09 05:09 PM
    If you are on a data-only plan, you can usually make regular calls, but will be charged on a minute to minute basis. If you can't do this (can only make 911 calls) then it's likely that your employer had the calling feature blocked so no calls can be made.
    01-31-09 06:01 PM
1,342 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD