08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Received my unlock code from AT&T within 2 hours of requesting it. No charge.

Merry Christmas !
    Excellent!!! well done!!
    12-25-08 05:36 PM
    Please read post #468 in this thread.
    please read this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    12-25-08 08:51 PM
    Is it possible to unlock your phone for the verizon blackberry storm. and if so, what will b the new capabilties of the phone.
    call verizon for the unlock code 1-888-844-0395

when done go to the sim menu options/advanced/sim and type MEPD (landscape mode) to confirm all is disabled
    12-25-08 08:58 PM
    To unlock your Storm, you must be a current Verizon Wireless customer and be in good standing for the past 60 days. This only unlocks the GSM capabilities of the phone and obviously not the CDMA chipset.
    Last edited by tusabez; 12-26-08 at 04:45 PM.
    12-26-08 04:42 PM
    Please read post #468 in this thread.
    Please read post #480
    12-26-08 04:48 PM
    What is unlocking a phone? What does it do after it is unlocked?
    12-27-08 12:28 PM
    Will Telus give me the unlocking code for 8830
    12-27-08 02:48 PM
    Yes Fellows, that's correct! you can just call your carrier and they will send you and unlock code via E-mail.
    Thanks for the tip Ant17 and DarFloyd.
    In case you wonder i have BB 8320, T-mobil
    12-29-08 12:41 AM
    ok so I am new to all this techie stuff but i switched from 5 years at Tmob to Verizon for the storm, rcvd a 363.00 bill for 1 month and ran back to tmo GLADLY paid Horizon to unlock my storm, nice guys over there (horizon)
    12-29-08 01:50 AM
    sorry but i just unlocked my verizon storm and i am a newbie so if anyone wants to unlock their storm send me a message and I will tell you where to go, btw great place todd your the ****!!
    12-29-08 01:54 AM
    sorry but i just unlocked my verizon storm and i am a newbie so if anyone wants to unlock their storm send me a message and I will tell you where to go, btw great place todd your the ****!!
    Does the Verizon Storm also have GSM capability, or do you have to get the Storm from somewhere else???
    Last edited by TampaDude; 12-29-08 at 12:30 PM.
    12-29-08 07:48 AM
    Has anyone tried to get the code from Rogers? or would it be just a collossal waste of my time, energy, and temper to call them?
    12-29-08 12:01 PM
    Please read post #480
    Does the Storm you get from Verizon also have GSM capability??? If so, that would be pretty slick. You cannot "unlock" CDMA phones, you know.
    12-29-08 12:31 PM
    To unlock your Storm, you must be a current Verizon Wireless customer and be in good standing for the past 60 days. This only unlocks the GSM capabilities of the phone and obviously not the CDMA chipset.
    So it has both CDMA and GSM??? Pretty slick if true.
    12-29-08 12:33 PM
    yeah the storm (i dont know which model the 9500 or the 9530) has both cdma and gsm, i was shocked i never thought a phone with be able to have both
    12-29-08 12:34 PM
    Does the Storm you get from Verizon also have GSM capability??? If so, that would be pretty slick. You cannot "unlock" CDMA phones, you know.
    The storm is a GSM phone as well. You can unlock it and it will work with AT&T but only with Edge.

I did the online chat with AT&T and they gave me the unlock code over the chat. I got this for my Bold.
    12-29-08 12:34 PM
    Okay...there are GSM-only versions, and CDMA/GSM versions.

From Wikipedia:

The BlackBerry Storm is a world-phone, featuring CDMA with EV-DO Rev. A data, UMTS with HSDPA, and quad-band GSM with EDGE data access speed. However, the BlackBerry Storm only has European, Oceania, Asia and Brazil UMTS and HSDPA frequency bands. Therefore if the BlackBerry Storm is used with GSM wireless carriers in North America, the BlackBerry Storm will only be able to access wireless internet at EDGE data speed maximum. This is because GSM carriers in North America, namely AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers and Fido do not operate on the same frequency bands for 3G as the rest of the world. If BlackBerry Storm is used in Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania or Brazil, HSDPA wireless data speed can be achieved, provided that the local GSM networks support it. The phone will use the primary network technology of its intended carrier (Verizon) when traveling domestically in the US, and rely upon the GSM/UMTS/HSDPA networks of Vodafone mainly when traveling abroad. There are currently no unlocked and unbranded versions available for the GSM Blackberry Storm however unlocking the phone will allow it to be used with any GSM service provider.
    EDGE only in North America on GSM, but still pretty slick...learn something new every day, I guess...
    12-29-08 12:42 PM
    So the videos of the unlocked Storms running on ATT and Tmo were a video-chop, right? I guess in reading the specs on the phone that listed GSM frequencies on the Verizon and BB pages were wrong also.
    Yup...they're all fake...the Storm doesn't really exist, anyway...it's all a big hoax.
    12-29-08 12:49 PM
    Another newb to forums here. Sooo, I'm locked into a contract with AT&T for a year. I don't plan on doing any international traveling anytime soon. There's not realy a point for me to unlock my phone until my contract expires then right??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 04:36 AM
    Another newb to forums here. Sooo, I'm locked into a contract with AT&T for a year. I don't plan on doing any international traveling anytime soon. There's not realy a point for me to unlock my phone until my contract expires then right??

Hypothetical situation here:

Say you want the Storm When/If it comes to AT&T, but you are locked in for a year and can't buy it for the new 2/year price.

You could sell your Bold to help pay for it. If the Bold is unlocked you could sell it for more. I have seen then going for 500+ unlocked.
    12-31-08 05:29 AM
    Anybody ever tried to get the unlocking code from Telus Canada? I did tried, the first rep not even got what I was talking about, the second just spent time helping me but he couldn't find any information regarding unlocking in his data.

12-31-08 12:20 PM
    so I called Verizon to try to get an unlock code. The guy totally denied me. He said he'd just add the SIM on the system and then charge me with the 64.99 global data plan...this guy immediately told me "no. no way will I do that for you"

any other way to get this done?
    12-31-08 01:52 PM
    so I called Verizon to try to get an unlock code. The guy totally denied me. He said he'd just add the SIM on the system and then charge me with the 64.99 global data plan...this guy immediately told me "no. no way will I do that for you"

any other way to get this done?
    I have heard VZW won't unlock the Storm, mainly because they are worried you will just take it and use it on another carrier.

You could try one of the unlock services.

Could try calling back and try it again with someone else.
    12-31-08 02:03 PM
    ADVERTISING IN FORUM IS FORBIDDEN, READ THE RULES!

Definitely don't pay anyone, you can get it done for free 100% OF THE TIME.
    01-02-09 10:30 PM
    Has anyone tried to get the code from Rogers? or would it be just a collossal waste of my time, energy, and temper to call them?
    They did for a 8330, telling them it was for international travel. Not sure if it makes a difference that its on a business plan but it can't hurt to try.
    01-05-09 01:48 AM
1,342 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD