oh and i got my unlock code this morning

Less than 24 hours
    02-24-08 12:04 PM
    You're welcome

oh and i got my unlock code this morning

Less than 24 hours
    Awesome!!!
    02-24-08 01:11 PM
    I haven't unlocked my 8320 yet, but I've successfully unlocked two Samsung Blackjacks with AT&T without being a customer by calling their international customer service. The first rep wouldn't provide it for me, however I called back and another rep gave the unlock codes for both phones shortly after a 2 minute hold. She didn't ask why, but I was upfront that I did not have premium service with AT&T and wanted to use my phone without restrictions.

Think I'll call to get my BB unlocked during lunch today.
    02-25-08 07:36 AM
    Please some help me to get my unlock code from T-mobile?
    I'm in china currently, and need to unlock my Blackberry 8320.
    Imei: 358265.01.310130.5

Plzzzzz
    02-26-08 08:58 PM
    Please some help me to get my unlock code from T-mobile?
    I'm in china currently, and need to unlock my Blackberry 8320.
    Imei: 358265.01.310130.5

Plzzzzz
    Did you talk to T-Mo yet?? You need to.

I heard of some getting the code faster when pressed.

Tell them you need it asap so you can use the phone.
    02-26-08 09:02 PM
    I just wanted to say that I used GSM PhoneSource to get my phone unlocked yesterday and got the code emailed me in just about 24 hours. Cool!
    02-28-08 02:09 PM
    Got mine free.
    02-28-08 07:00 PM
    Excellent!!!

Just another great example showing that you never ever need to pay anyone for an unlock.

By onthego;
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Got mine free from AT&T. I thought they were giving me the run around
    as they told me their systems were down and could not access the
    information.
    They asked for my account information and said they would call back
    when their access was restored. I was pleasantly surprised when they
    called back in a few hours and provided the code over the phone and
    apologized for the delay!!!
    Last edited by ant17; 02-28-08 at 07:15 PM.
    02-28-08 07:10 PM
    I also got my unlock code free from AT&T. Also I have only been with AT&T for about one week!!!!
    02-28-08 07:11 PM
    Called Tmo last night to unlock my new phone.

Waiting, again.
    02-28-08 09:01 PM
    Called Tmo last night to unlock my new phone.

Waiting, again.
    Don't give upon T-mo.

I told them I need it for my travel to Italy. They emailed it the next day.

I was a T-mo customer at the time, Att had me wait a week on my bb 8310, although I was never an ATT customer.
    02-28-08 09:05 PM
    Received my unlock code

Less than 24 hrs, Again.
    03-01-08 04:14 PM
    w00t w00t got bored and intrigued by this and decided to call the death star for unlocking. Be nice and make small talk let them know your cool and they will help you out! Good luck!
    03-01-08 09:50 PM
    Hi
    I am wondering if anyone has any experience with unlocking a BB 8320 on Orange in the UK.

I bought the handset from an independant retailer and am not tied into any contract with Orange with the handset (only with a Samsung D900 I have). I phoned up Orange to get the unlock code explaining to them that I bought the handset at full retail price. They told me that they would email me the code and that there would be a 20 charge for this on my next bill. I explained that I had not bought this in a contract with them and they told me that they would speak to their supervisor and get back to me in an hour (this was 4 hours ago).

Does anyone know of the legal side of this ?.
    Do they have to provide me with the unlock code free because I have bought the handset independantly and am not tied into a contract with them (for the BB handset that is) ?.

Thanks
    Jason
    03-02-08 01:29 AM
    If you are a customer in good standing with T-Mobile, they'll do this in about 3 days.
    03-02-08 07:52 AM
    What's the advantage of unlocking? Can someone share that?

Thanks,
    03-02-08 09:36 AM
    I actually posted an inquiry under ATT forums, and then caught this one.

I bought a new never opened att phone on ebay, but when it arrived and I popped my sims in and I got the dreaded sims error. I called my carrier to request help. The rep gave me some infomation like case #, phone number ect she said fax them with a request to unlock the phone with our paid reciept. She said since we are on an old plan (att then merged to cing then back to att) that was why we needed the unlock to make the new phone backward compatible so it would work with our old plan even though we had a new phone, we have bought replacement phones off ebay before, but they were the same model as our originals with no sims problems, this was the first time we had to call for help and the explanation above is the reason. We kept our old plan and no charges were issued it took two days to get the unlocked emailed back.
    03-02-08 09:56 AM
    I tried unlocking my phone with AT&T/Cingular on a prepaid plan a couple years ago and they said to go elsewhere to get it unlocked. So I found someone to unlock it in Bolivia where I lived at the time.

Now I'm looking to buy a BB and want it unlocked for travel. I'll ask AT&T and T-Mobile if they will unlock it. I'm with T-Mobile now so I think they would do it...unless it is locked by AT&T??
    03-03-08 06:15 PM
    What's the advantage of unlocking? Can someone share that?

Thanks,
    Allows you to use the carrier of your choice, and sims available in other countries rather than paying the extortionate rates your home phone co. would charge.
    03-03-08 06:29 PM
    So would I call Sprint for my code or the company I would use overseas?
    03-03-08 07:24 PM
    So would I call Sprint for my code or the company I would use overseas?
    Sprint don't have sims.
    03-03-08 07:25 PM
    If you are a customer in good standing with T-Mobile, they'll do this in about 3 days.
    Plus being a customer for at least 90 days...
    03-03-08 07:31 PM
    I got mine in 2 days.
    03-03-08 07:33 PM
    The benefits would be like using a TMo 8320, on the ATT network.
    Unlocking it means removing the carrier block, that restricts you from using it on another network
    03-07-08 01:35 AM
    Ok, entirely n00b question here, but I am entirely confused and would like some information please. Say one purchases a BB from eBay and wants an unlock code from some carrier, does the code contain a phone number or something? I'm lost on how a number would be attached to the phone unless there was a sim card that went with it, but doesn't that even require a call to a carrier to activate it? I guess I'm trying to figure out what the entire benefits are of this process, but if I can get FREE service, then I'm all about that. Just a little help on this would be fabulous!!
    03-07-08 01:54 AM
1,342 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD