08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    What does the unlock code do
    unlock codes removes the restrictions on your carrier locked phone so u can use other sim cards..
    11-30-08 02:29 AM
    good information, thanks
    11-30-08 11:34 AM
    I am new to all this. Why would you need an unlock code and whats the benefit of it ? say you belong to verizon who has cdma technology what benefit would a unlock code provide ?
    12-03-08 07:47 PM
    Read the first 450 posts.
    12-03-08 08:53 PM
    wait do i call my carrier
    like im on tmobile do i call them for it?
    12-04-08 03:36 PM
    wait do i call my carrier
    like im on tmobile do i call them for it?
    One word: YES
    12-04-08 06:25 PM
    L & G,

I am a fresh owner of a O2 UK-locked Blackberry 8707g. My week-long siege of O2 yielded no positive results, so I will turn towards some of the unlocking services.
    Can any of you recommend one that you used and was satisfied with?

Thanks!
    12-07-08 12:48 PM
    Ok so this Christmas, my fiancee and I would like to be able to use our new BB curve 8320's. I purchased them locked from Ebay to save some money and planned on unlocking them myself. I've read some of the instructions posted on this thread and various threads relating to unlocking blackberries.
    The step-by-step instructions...

But MY QUESTION IS.....

Which provider do I call to get the unlock codes from???

ATT or Tmobile?????

I'm currently with ATT, but the phones I'm trying to unlock are Tmobile exclusives.

So who do I call and what do I say???
    12-10-08 01:17 AM
    I am basically in your situation too Pin9, as I have read it, you need to call t-mobile or get some one with a t-mobile account to call them and give the CSR both IMEI#'s from the phones (under the battery). They (t-mobile) will email the unlock codes and instructions to the e-mail you provide, or over the phone, I guess it depends on the CSR, good luck..
    12-12-08 07:39 PM
    I just purchased the Storm and am finally getting used to it. What is the purpose for unlocking the blackberry? No more carrier fees? Someone please explain. Thanks in advance.
    12-15-08 10:57 AM
    I just bought Blackberry 8130 on eBay it works with Centennial but I want to unlock for using in my own carrier. I am not a Centennial user can i unlock my device for free? What i should to do? Can I email them my IMEI for unlocking, or I must call? Maybe some Centennial user can help me with my problem?
    12-15-08 12:15 PM
    I just bought Blackberry 8130 on eBay it works with Centennial but I want to unlock for using in my own carrier. I am not a Centennial user can i unlock my device for free? What i should to do? Can I email them my IMEI for unlocking, or I must call? Maybe some Centennial user can help me with my problem?
    Read posts 1-460
    12-15-08 07:54 PM
    I can't contact Centennial because I don't know anyone who uses that carrier. How I can check that my phone is locked for other carriers or not? It is activated in Puerto Rico with local carrier.
    12-20-08 04:32 AM
    see post 463
    12-20-08 08:00 AM
    First, I have to admit that I haven't read ALL of the first 465 posts on this forum, but I know that out of the 15 or 20 pages I have looked at, "Why unlock my phone?" has been listed at least once on EVERY page...
    Anyway, one thing I haven't seen is after I unlock my BB, if I plug in a SIM that has a data plan will I have to re-do my enterprise activation, or is that still locked to the PIN?
    12-21-08 11:06 PM
    i can verify 100% that rogers does NOT give out unlock codes anymore (not even sure if they used to). is thre any other way of obtaining one other than to go to a 3rd party unlocking service?
    12-23-08 07:58 AM
    Just a note to all of you with CDMA phones (except for the new Storm that has both CDMA and GSM):

Your phone uses CDMA, so there are NO UNLOCK CODES AVAILABLE ANYWHERE for you. Unlock codes only work with GSM.
    Last edited by TampaDude; 12-29-08 at 12:46 PM.
    12-23-08 01:23 PM
    i just unlocked my at&t phone,they gave me the code over the phone. however i didnt turn off the radio on my phone but it unlocked anyway. did i hurt anything by doing it this way?

thanks in advance
    12-23-08 02:22 PM
    i just unlocked my at&t phone,they gave me the code over the phone. however i didnt turn off the radio on my phone but it unlocked anyway. did i hurt anything by doing it this way?

thanks in advance
    Not sure...I always turn the radio off...you might want to turn your phone off and then back on again or reboot it just to be safe.
    12-24-08 07:50 AM
    Not sure...I always turn the radio off...you might want to turn your phone off and then back on again or reboot it just to be safe.
    Thanks for your reply,after I unlocked it I did a reset,everything seems to be okay! I was so excited about unlocking my curve that I forgot about following procedure. Hopefully with no ill effects!!merry xmas!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 08:04 AM
    Thanks for your reply,after I unlocked it I did a reset,everything seems to be okay! I was so excited about unlocking my curve that I forgot about following procedure. Hopefully with no ill effects!!merry xmas!!
    Same to you!
    12-24-08 02:13 PM
    Received my unlock code from AT&T within 2 hours of requesting it. No charge.

Merry Christmas !
    12-24-08 10:39 PM
    Is it possible to unlock your phone for the verizon blackberry storm. and if so, what will b the new capabilties of the phone.
    12-25-08 12:30 AM
    Is it possible to unlock your phone for the verizon blackberry storm. and if so, what will b the new capabilties of the phone.
    You'll be able to use it with GSM carriers like AT&T, but you won't be able to use 3G in North America on GSM with the Storm, because it's set for the 2100 MHz band used for 3G in Europe.
    Last edited by TampaDude; 12-29-08 at 12:48 PM.
    12-25-08 10:25 AM
    So the videos of the unlocked Storms running on ATT and Tmo were a video-chop, right? I guess in reading the specs on the phone that listed GSM frequencies on the Verizon and BB pages were wrong also.
    12-25-08 01:08 PM
1,342 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD