08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    You need to escalate that request.

I called ATT to get them to unlock mine, and I was never a customer at any point, EVER! They emailed it to me in less than a week.

T-mo has to give it up. You need to ask right, and then escalate if necessary.
    11-12-08 09:44 PM
    ok, got the code, had a friend who has T-mo call up and get code....now trying to enter code and getting nowhere.. confused about the alt key... is this supposed to be held down the entire code.... and is it case sensitive??
    11-13-08 08:53 PM
    ok, got the code, had a friend who has T-mo call up and get code....now trying to enter code and getting nowhere.. confused about the alt key... is this supposed to be held down the entire code.... and is it case sensitive??
    No,

But do a search on unlock instructions, its in the forums.
    11-13-08 08:55 PM
    I have the steps.. followed them 10-15 times.. and still no luck..

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to Options and press the trackball.
    3. Scroll to Advanced Options and press the trackball.
    4. Scroll to SIM Card and press the trackball.
    5. Type MEPPD
    Note: When typing in MEPPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    6. Press the Alt key and type MEPP2
    Note: When typing in MEPP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    7. Enter unlock code.
    8. Press the Enter Key.
    11-13-08 09:08 PM
    You better not have followed them 10 times.

After 10 the phone becomes a door stop that not even the manufacturer can fix.

I have the steps.. followed them 10-15 times.. and still no luck..

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to Options and press the trackball.
    3. Scroll to Advanced Options and press the trackball.
    4. Scroll to SIM Card and press the trackball.
    5. Type MEPPD
    Note: When typing in MEPPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    6. Press the Alt key and type MEPP2
    Note: When typing in MEPP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    7. Enter unlock code.
    8. Press the Enter Key.
    11-13-08 09:10 PM
    My rep from at&t was RIDICULOUS. I called in and said this phone was going to be a gift and will be for my mom who will be traveling to several location (she really is but the phone is for me). Well here's the thing, I am not an At&t member nor my mom, my stepfather is. So I told her, since I bought an At&t phone, she might be able to help me. But she told me it will take 3 months to give me that code and they have to file a "case" over an IMEI that is not pulling up. I feel that it's complete bull**** cause it's not the first time in my life they tried to pull the ****. After all that agony, I decided to just go with freeyourcellphone.com and got their rush delivery but it's been 10 hours.. and I've got nothing.

Well, I'm screwed with a brick here.
    Last edited by Livie; 11-13-08 at 09:25 PM. Reason: more b-ching
    11-13-08 09:24 PM
    I paid 4 services for an unlock code. ALL 4 failed miserably.

I then called att. Stop with the story and stick to the script.

I was never a customer of ATT.

You are going to Italy next week. You would like the subsidy unlock code.

Do not change the text by one letter.

100% chance they will give it to you. They emailed mine in 5 days, some here got theirs instantly.

My rep from at&t was RIDICULOUS. I called in and said this phone was going to be a gift and will be for my mom who will be traveling to several location (she really is but the phone is for me). Well here's the thing, I am not an At&t member nor my mom, my stepfather is. So I told her, since I bought an At&t phone, she might be able to help me. But she told me it will take 3 months to give me that code and they have to file a "case" over an IMEI that is not pulling up. I feel that it's complete bull**** cause it's not the first time in my life they tried to pull the ****. After all that agony, I decided to just go with freeyourcellphone.com and got their rush delivery but it's been 10 hours.. and I've got nothing.

Well, I'm screwed with a brick here.
    11-13-08 09:49 PM
    I tried again and followed the script and the lady just doesn't want to give it to me! She said since I didn't have an account with them, I need to purchase one before they can give me anything.
    Last edited by Livie; 11-14-08 at 10:17 AM. Reason: bummer.
    11-14-08 10:14 AM
    You need to escalate that request. Her supervisor and if neccessary their manager.

I tried again and followed the script and the lady just doesn't want to give it to me! She said since I didn't have an account with them, I need to purchase one before they can give me anything.
    11-14-08 06:58 PM
    I tried the same thing with TMO last night and got the same story: "You need to have the person who you bought the phone from call us and request the unlock code because you are not a customer and we need the "ORIGINAL" phone number assigned to the phone to be able to unlock it"

So for $6 I bought one of their "Activation Cards" which created and account with them and gave me 10 (WOOHOO) free minutes which are good for 90 days (in which time I will call again for an unlock code) I paid for it last night and had the new sim card here today when I got home from work.
    11-15-08 01:01 AM
    They must be tightening up bc several people here got the code from them.

Legally,if you own the phone, it is unlawful for them to render it useless, unless you are under contract with THEM and got it subsidized.

There is litigation pending now.
    11-15-08 07:26 AM
    So i am trying to get my curve 8320 unlocked. So far, I tried a seller on ebay for $19.00 who after a few hours refunded my money and said he could not do it and that I need to contact the manufacturer.

Now I am trying gsm source (as i found in this thread)to see if they have better luck!! If not I will have my sister try calling Tmobile and see if they will unlock it for her as she is a tmobile user.

Will keep you posted to see how it goes.
    11-17-08 05:50 PM
    I live in Cincinnati, OH and use Cincinnati Bell Wireless. I am quite disappointed with their service and want to return to AT&T. I called and asked for the code using the "script". I was told that noone at cincinnati bell has those codes not even the technical support department. That is obviously not true since THEY locked the phone to begin with, but the fact that he is wrong doesn't help me unlock my bb. Anyone know the best unlocking service to use. I am looking for value here. Cheapest not always being the best value. The cheapest probably won't help me out, but the most expensive service is probably charging too much. Just want to use my bb with AT&T so i can do family plan with my wife who is under contract with AT&T.
    11-18-08 03:22 PM
    I have a Rogers branded BB Pearl 8100. Can AT&T provide the unlock code to a Rogers branded BB or can only Rogers provide this? Does AT&T only have unlock codes for AT&T branded BBs or do they have access to other carrier branded unlock codes?
    11-18-08 03:42 PM
    I won't ever waste the money again on services.

Before I started this thread,I paid 4 services for an unlock code.

ALL 4 failed.

If CB indeed locked the phone, you really need to escalate the complaint.

Don't say your leaving them. If you own that phone free and clear they CANNOT render it useless to you.

They are civially liable if they do.

I live in Cincinnati, OH and use Cincinnati Bell Wireless. I am quite disappointed with their service and want to return to AT&T. I called and asked for the code using the "script". I was told that noone at cincinnati bell has those codes not even the technical support department. That is obviously not true since THEY locked the phone to begin with, but the fact that he is wrong doesn't help me unlock my bb. Anyone know the best unlocking service to use. I am looking for value here. Cheapest not always being the best value. The cheapest probably won't help me out, but the most expensive service is probably charging too much. Just want to use my bb with AT&T so i can do family plan with my wife who is under contract with AT&T.
    11-18-08 07:45 PM
    called customer service and got the third degree, i've got a 8700c in need of unlocking
    Last edited by glenroy; 11-19-08 at 04:19 AM.
    11-19-08 04:11 AM
    called customer service and got the third degree, i've got a 8700c in need of unlocking
    Read #1-415
    11-19-08 05:33 AM
    I've done it both ways, and they are for different purposes. If you are trying to unlock a large number of phones, good luck getting your provider to go along with that.
    However if you are unlocking one or two for personal use, I would contact the provider first and see if they will do it for you.
    Different strokes for different folks.

-Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi there. I have a BB Bold on the way for me. It is unlocked and I want to know if I can use it for emails view without having the contract with BB. I have one Nokia E71 today and it works fine with my China Mobile GSM. The thing is that I have GPRS on this GSM card. Can I use it together with the BB?
    11-19-08 06:27 AM
    My phone is now unlocked!! T Mobile unlocked it for me! I called them yesterday morning and within about 5 hours they emailed me the unlock code. They do hve rules to unlocking the phone which is on their website Tmobile.com (just type in SIM unlock).

It was quite easy. I tried an ebay seller and also gsm phone source (both of which refunded my money as they could not get it done).
    11-19-08 06:43 AM
    Question!! If i take the SIM card out my curve 8320, should I still be able to use the browser and msn messanger through a wireless router?
    11-19-08 06:46 AM
    scotty i checked out the website and i still wasn't seeing anything to help me
    11-19-08 07:52 AM
    i need an unlock code for blackberry 8700c#357647003254346. they told me i would have to be an existing customer to get unlock code
    11-19-08 08:08 AM
    i tried calling but they wouldnt give me anything, 8700c imei#357647003254346 pleassssse help
    11-19-08 02:36 PM
    Dear Friends,

I have a Blackberry Curve Model 8310, IMEI 355085.02.272459.7 running on Blackberry v4.2.2.170 software (platform 2.5.0.30). The phone originates from the US and previously operated on ATT networks.

I now live in Singapore and need to unlock the phone. Being technically incompetent, would greatly appreciate advice on how to unlock this phone.

Thanking you,
    David

David J. van Eck
    Singapore
    dvaneck@ymail.com
    11-19-08 07:49 PM
    My phone is now unlocked!! T Mobile unlocked it for me! I called them yesterday morning and within about 5 hours they emailed me the unlock code. They do hve rules to unlocking the phone which is on their website Tmobile.com (just type in SIM unlock).

It was quite easy. I tried an ebay seller and also gsm phone source (both of which refunded my money as they could not get it done).
    Excellente!!!!
    11-19-08 07:53 PM
1,342 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD