08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Ok so to make sure Im understanding this right.....My cell co. using SIM cards and if I purchase an ATT locked blackberry 8130 ( I have a 8100) I can call ATT of my fiance can call (he is with ATT) and get them to give me the unlock code and I can use the 8130 on my centennial network. I just want to make sure before I spend the money...
    The 8130 is a CDMA device and also not available from AT&T
    10-20-08 08:27 PM
    i'm lost
    are we unlocking phones to use on other carriers are are we unlocking phones to use as free service?
    Depends, mostly to use on other carriers, But I went the next step and use my 8320 to jump on any wifi hot spot, but I did but a pp sim for voice/text.

My monthly costs for this maneuver is about $6.00 a month.
    10-20-08 08:51 PM
    Called our provider - had some fun here...
    They dodnt have an idea of what I was asking for
    10-21-08 11:08 AM
    that's nice .. ehehe ..
    10-27-08 06:26 PM
    Hi Guys,
    here is my situation.
    I purchased a loocked BB 8820 branded by AT&T.
    When I recieved it I contacted gsmphonesource.com and unlockmode.com to get it unlocked....well both of them refunded me the money because they couldn't find the code to unlock the phone.
    So now what should I do? I am with another carrier.....so no chance to use it......any last chance around?

PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    10-27-08 07:50 PM
    Unless I win the lottery it's unlikely I'll get overseas. Canada is just an hour away, I suppose I could wind up there but if I need to make an emergency contact from there it's going to be short and sweet.

I've got a blackberry 8830, I've only had it 2 weeks. The carrier is US Cellular. My contract has more minutes than I ever use even with a teenage daughter and husband and 3 phones going.

I'm in the northern half of NH. Service from any provider is spotty. Sometimes we roam off Verizon towers but it's covered in the contract because service is atrocious. ATT and Tmobile don't work until you south by about 50 miles.

I did have a friend here from Ukraine and his unlocked Nokia wouldn't work here but did 50 miles south and an odd time or two that I can only chalk up to cloud cover or sunspots or alien intervention. I think if I understand this right a sim card from a company that does work around here would have straightened that out??

Do admit I love this phone. Once I figure out all the things it does I probably will love it even more.

Aside from resale is there an advantage to unlocking for a homebody?
    10-29-08 01:04 PM
    Unless I win the lottery it's unlikely I'll get overseas. Canada is just an hour away, I suppose I could wind up there but if I need to make an emergency contact from there it's going to be short and sweet.

I've got a blackberry 8830, I've only had it 2 weeks. The carrier is US Cellular. My contract has more minutes than I ever use even with a teenage daughter and husband and 3 phones going.

I'm in the northern half of NH. Service from any provider is spotty. Sometimes we roam off Verizon towers but it's covered in the contract because service is atrocious. ATT and Tmobile don't work until you south by about 50 miles.

I did have a friend here from Ukraine and his unlocked Nokia wouldn't work here but did 50 miles south and an odd time or two that I can only chalk up to cloud cover or sunspots or alien intervention. I think if I understand this right a sim card from a company that does work around here would have straightened that out??

Do admit I love this phone. Once I figure out all the things it does I probably will love it even more.

Aside from resale is there an advantage to unlocking for a homebody?
    The only reason to unlock a phone is A.) if you are switching to another provider or B.) the phone is from another provider and you want to use it on your provider.
    What it sounds like in your situation is that you have spotty reception, so unlocking will not help you. Unlocking WOULD help you if you want to switch providers AND keep the same phone.
    10-29-08 03:46 PM
    haha, I called at&t today to get my unlock code and I got a smart assed guy on the phone and he proceeded to tell me I've only had my account since July 2008 (wrong... try August 2004), spent 10min on hold only to find out guess what? I was right then he asks for specifics where I'm travelling to, how long, etc. (going to Europe soon so I thought it might be good to get this done anyway), then he said no, sorry I don't think your phone will work there... and I said well actually it can, but you're welcome to CHECK... hint hint. so another couple minutes on hold and he comes back with a sassy tone and tells me well ok I'll give you the code. it's like he thought I was a thug trying to steal his teddy bear... it's just a code!
    10-30-08 04:46 PM
    my question is can you buy a program that i can down load on my computer to unlock my BB or any other phone . If anybody knows or can help me my pin # is 24791786 or can somebody tell me the best way to get t-mobile to give me the code to unlock my phone for free

thank you joesmoe556 aka rOb
    10-31-08 04:42 PM
    I'd imagine you can talk your way into a customer service rep's good side and try to get the unlock code, just as long as you've been with the carrier long enough (6 months for at&t not sure about others)

why buy a cow when you can get milk for free?
    11-01-08 12:48 AM
    Actually it does not matter if you have been with the carrier for
    one day or one year, or what your standing with the carrier is.

They have to provide you with the code (US, I can't address other
    countries)
    11-01-08 02:37 AM
    hmm, that's strange... he was telling me I couldn't get the code when he thought I'd only been there since july 08 and I needed to have an account for at least 6 months... sounds like the guy couldn't tell his backside from a hole in the ground

disappointing too, cause usually the at&t/cingular people I've dealt with in the past have been more than willing to help me out.
    11-01-08 04:43 AM
    im chatting with a sprint rep now and they keep telling me that the pearl isnt international. only the curve. she doesnt wanna give it up, but im gonna keep chatting with her
    11-02-08 12:56 PM
    and within about 4 minutes of chatting online with a rep i got my code. and you know how much it costed me a whole 0$
    11-02-08 12:58 PM
    sorry for the three posts in a row but now that i have this unlock code, how do i enter it
    11-02-08 01:00 PM
    to the best of my knowledge:

MENU>options>advanced options>SIM>type "MEPPD">type [alt + "MEPP2"]>enter code
    11-02-08 03:41 PM
    I just called AT&T to get my code and the CSR told me he had to put in a work order to obtain it because they are back logged. He said it should be e-mailed to me in 5-7 days.
    11-02-08 04:38 PM
    would someone help me with my bold...it says BB pin suspended..how i make it work.....i'm in indonesia...can anybody help me
    11-04-08 10:46 PM
    would someone help me with my bold...it says BB pin suspended..how i make it work.....i'm in indonesia...can anybody help me

you'll need to contact your provider for that one
    11-05-08 10:53 AM
    guys can someone help me how to unlock BB 8700r?? i just found this in the airport
    11-07-08 10:20 AM
    guys can someone help me how to unlock BB 8700r?? i just found this in the airport
    Why would you want to unlock it, it isnt yours! Do the right thing and hand it in..
    11-07-08 11:16 AM
    i cant give it to the owner coz dont have info about the owner i found this in canadas airport and now im in philippines maybe i will come back in canda after 2 years...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 11:21 AM
    i cant give it to the owner coz dont have info about the owner i found this in canadas airport and now im in philippines maybe i will come back in canda after 2 years...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Spend a few bucks and mail it to the airports LOST AND FOUND department with a letter telling them where and when U found it.
    11-07-08 11:27 AM
    if i go to europe and want my bb to work there along with bbm, i just have to call my carrier?? im in canada btw so i dont know if it is the same thing as the states. and how would bbm work there datawise? would i still get roaming charges?
    11-07-08 12:55 PM
    ....wow.....after 400 posts that I read, I thought ok, I'll give it a shot... I'll call TMobile to get my BB unlocked so I can use it on my At&t account.... call, got a friendly agent, sad she wasn't sure of how to get a code for an non-customer, put me on hold for 1 minute, comes back and says after speaking with supervisor, no code avail for a non-T-Mobile account holder...

so..... now what???
    Help! Please
    Last edited by RadioGuy; 11-08-08 at 08:24 AM.
    11-07-08 08:46 PM
1,342 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD