08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    This took me all of 10 minutes. Below is from the email I recieved right after I got off the phone with ATT CS. I chose the email instead of the verbial instruction. I didn't want to mess it up and kill the phone.

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your business wireless needs!

This e-mail is a follow-up to our previous conversation on 9/25/2008 to ensure your needs were serviced correctly.

On 9/25/2008, jon h. processed the following changes to your account:

1. Other
    2. Insert AT&T SIM card.

Power phone on and turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) Very Important.

Select Options and then Advanced Options.

Scroll down and select SIM Card.

Hold down the ALT key and type "MEPD" (multi-tap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] [DF]) This will not display on screen.

Hold down the ALT key and type "MEP2" (multitap means this will be typed in [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] alt [TY]) This will not display on screen.

Enter the Unlock Code.

Press Enter.

Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

If you nhave any questions, feel free to contact me.
    09-25-08 02:01 PM
    Please help!!! anybody in UK. I bought BB8100 O2, now I'm in Russia and using russian coverage. I m looking for along time to unlock my BB. If anyone could help me to use these ways to unlock send to my email: arpril_20@mail.ru. Thanks in advance. My IMEI is: 352127.01.142641.3 PIN:204E95E6.
    09-27-08 09:30 AM
    Amazing! Everyone it seems, but Rogers will give you the unlock code.

The need to have a tight grip and fleece the flock.
    Last edited by sp00ky2; 10-01-08 at 12:21 PM.
    09-27-08 11:04 AM
    I had my blackberry pearl 8100 unlocked for my AT&T services. I upgraded to a Blackberry Plan available, which includes unlimited Instant Messaging. I've been having an issue attempting to sign onto AOL Instant Messenger. When I attempt to sign on, the progress goes to "20 Percent" but never progresses. I recieve a text message from "1121611611" Stating "4670 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send usinga valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code" upon attempting to sign onto AOL Instant messenger. I tried updating my AOL and re-downloading the application onto my phone with the AOL messenger program on BlackBerry's website, but when it attempts to connect, a message shows "Service not enabled for this handheld." From talking to a woman at customer service through AT&T, she said there is sometimes problems with the software downloaded on the phone when you unlock it for AT&T because it's orginially intended for T-Mobile. She did not know how to fix the problem and suggested I contact BlackBerry and had them assist me with the issues I've been encountering. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
    10-01-08 11:19 AM
    So if I call verizon and they actually give me the unlock codes, then I won't be required to pay the annoying required media package unless I actually want it/use it.
    10-02-08 08:25 AM
    Good day to all,
    I am from Trinidad and Tobago, in the caribbean. A friend of mine sold me a Curve (8320) and it's locked to T-Mobile. Can anyone help me to get the unlock code?? I'm willing to pay but as i'm not in the states i'm afraid of getting rob...
    10-05-08 08:23 AM
    Try calling T-mo first.

Follow the link below for instructions.
    10-05-08 09:26 AM
    What exactly is unlocking the phone, i.e. what is unlocked and how does that translate to free service?
    10-07-08 10:42 AM
    What exactly is unlocking the phone, i.e. what is unlocked and how does that translate to free service?
    It doesn't give you free service, just the ability to use it with another carrier. The biggest advantage is if you go overseas a lot you can get a SIM with a carrier in that country and switch back and forth to avoid high international charges. A good example is a lot of people have been doing it lately to allow their Bold to run with a SIM card from other carriers so they don't need to get a plan with Rogers
    10-07-08 10:57 AM
    So if I call verizon and they actually give me the unlock codes, then I won't be required to pay the annoying required media package unless I actually want it/use it.
    You can't unlock a Verizon phone for GSM use - ie insert a SIM. Verizon and Sprint phones are CDMA and do not accept SIM cards.
    10-07-08 05:30 PM
    IT worked! I called in from my house phone and asked them to give me the unlock code for my phone because I Was switching carriers, they asked how long I had the phone and asked it AT&T was in caps or small, mine was small, and then I got the unlock code in an instant.
    10-08-08 11:40 AM
    hi , someone can help me unlocking a BB 8800 provider cable and wireless thanks
    10-08-08 01:52 PM
    IT worked! I called in from my house phone and asked them to give me the unlock code for my phone because I Was switching carriers, they asked how long I had the phone and asked it AT&T was in caps or small, mine was small, and then I got the unlock code in an instant.
    Good show!!!
    10-08-08 08:48 PM
    I bought a BB pearl 8100 online, and buyer told me that it is unlocked phone. When I received, in actual fact it is a locked phone from T-mobile, UK. When I try to key in MEPP2, it only left 3 attempt for the code input, is it normal? according to some article here suppose to have 255 left. Please advise....
    10-15-08 06:23 AM
    No ten total!! You have 3.

Be careful.
    10-15-08 08:42 AM
    Hi ant17

to upgrade my firmware can unlock the sim?

kiwifruit88
    10-16-08 05:20 AM
    yes
    10-16-08 07:23 AM
    I bought this phone through ebay and found it was locked. So far I have contacted AT&T and Vodofone. Neither of which will give me the unlock code. Vodofone is what is listed as the carrier on the phone but I have AT&T. I paid for an unlock code but they weren't able to give me the code. Any suggestions?
    10-16-08 09:46 AM
    Hey guys, my very first post!!

Got a blackberry bold from ebay and it was locked to Vodafone UK (and unfortunately branded).

I saw this post, rang up Vodafone, the guy took down my IMEI number and emailed the unlock code whilst I was on the phone.

Less than 10 minutes later I have my unlocked blackberry bold!

I'm wondering if the browser, WAP etc is locked to vodafone sims only as well??
    10-16-08 10:05 AM
    Purchased a Curve last night and followed Ant17's advice about calling carrier for subsidy unlock code.

Called AT&T, told them I just purchased phone off ebay, they asked what was my account number, told them i wasnt with AT&T but was thinking of switching, they asked for IMEI, and 2 mins later, she was giving me the code.

Hung up, followed the instructions from the CB Forums on the MEP thingy and phone is unlocked!

Thanks Ant and CB Forums!
    10-16-08 10:08 AM
    No, once unlocked your free to use the sim/service of your choice!!!

Well done!!!

Hey guys, my very first post!!

Got a blackberry bold from ebay and it was locked to Vodafone UK (and unfortunately branded).

I saw this post, rang up Vodafone, the guy took down my IMEI number and emailed the unlock code whilst I was on the phone.

Less than 10 minutes later I have my unlocked blackberry bold!

I'm wondering if the browser, WAP etc is locked to vodafone sims only as well??
    10-16-08 02:30 PM
    Ok so to make sure Im understanding this right.....My cell co. using SIM cards and if I purchase an ATT locked blackberry 8130 ( I have a 8100) I can call ATT of my fiance can call (he is with ATT) and get them to give me the unlock code and I can use the 8130 on my centennial network. I just want to make sure before I spend the money...
    10-16-08 11:25 PM
    Ok so to make sure Im understanding this right.....My cell co. using SIM cards and if I purchase an ATT locked blackberry 8130 ( I have a 8100) I can call ATT of my fiance can call (he is with ATT) and get them to give me the unlock code and I can use the 8130 on my centennial network. I just want to make sure before I spend the money...
    Your fiance has nothing to do with it.

You call ATT on your own. Don't need to be an ATT customer to get the unlock.
    10-16-08 11:36 PM
    i'm lost
    are we unlocking phones to use on other carriers are are we unlocking phones to use as free service?
    10-20-08 07:19 PM
    i'm lost
    are we unlocking phones to use on other carriers are are we unlocking phones to use as free service?
    To use on other carriers.
    10-20-08 08:21 PM
1,342 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD