08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    well quick question when you unlock the phone and use it roaming on another network in the U.S. are you charged for roaming. say I am with AT&T and I use my unlock AT&T Phone and SIM on Tmobile towers then i assume that I am now roaming will I be charged for roaming or will it not pick up being that the phone is unlock
    08-25-08 09:53 PM
    Er!! Another hard to answer question. Within one country, most provider will have agreement that no roaming charge will be on your bill. Outside the country. The roaming charge will charge on the Sim card account not the bb account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 10:00 PM
    We (orange) make our customers wait 3 months before they can unlock a new phone then charge 20UKP for the privledge and it takes 2 weeks to do? crazy or what?
    08-27-08 04:18 AM
    Glad they're not here.
    08-30-08 07:52 AM
    What bout verizon do they have an unlock code
    09-03-08 10:52 PM
    What bout verizon do they have an unlock code
    no they don't use sims.
    09-03-08 11:08 PM
    We (orange) make our customers wait 3 months before they can unlock a new phone then charge 20UKP for the privledge and it takes 2 weeks to do? crazy or what?
    Orange is one of the worst service providers in the GSM world.

In UK a 'locked' phone is generally bundled with a long and very expensive service contract which recovers the cost of the phone in about 60% of the contract. This makes it totally outrageous to restrict the owner's use of phone, and another reason never to do business with these rogues again.
    Last edited by branta; 09-04-08 at 04:59 PM. Reason: <military> language removed
    09-04-08 05:48 AM
    uh, what's an "Unlock code" bevis???

Really, I don't know... obviously I'm a noob here, but I've never had the need for one with Sprint on my 8330 curve? Does this only apply to international phones for when you travel outside the USA?
    09-05-08 08:27 AM

Really, I don't know... obviously I'm a noob here, but I've never had the need for one with Sprint on my 8330 curve? Does this only apply to international phones for when you travel outside the USA?
    For the most part. People also unlock them to us them on other carriers inside the USA.
    09-05-08 11:33 AM

You'll never need it using sprint.
    09-05-08 07:37 PM
    I didn't have to wait 90 days with att. Its been about 50 days since I have started with them, and I just emailed them and it took about four days and I got my unlock code and my phone accepted it and its unlocked. I think it's really if the rep helping you wants to give it to you or not. I don't think they are super strict about the waiting period and giving you the code.

Ciao
    09-08-08 06:06 PM
    Yes,that is true. Thats why, when a maveric agent tries to make a name for himself, his manager quickly provides the unlock code to the customer asking for it.

It's against the law for them not to. Several civil actions are pending right now.

ap
    09-08-08 07:24 PM
    i have the code for it to be unlocked .... but how do i actually type it in to unlock it?
    09-08-08 08:05 PM
    do a search... there are several posts on how to do this.
    Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY
    IMPORTANT.
    3 Select "Options" and then "Advanced Options"
    4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    5 Hold down <ALT> and type "MEPD" (multitap means this will be typed in
    [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] [DF])
    - this will not display on screen
    6 Hold down <ALT> and type "MEP2" (multitap means this will be typed in
    [M] [ER] [OP] [OP] alt [TY])
    - this will not display on screen
    7 Enter the Unlock Code
    8 Press enter
    9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

This is what I did on an ATT blackberry... I think it should be the same
    09-08-08 08:11 PM
    thanks a lot!!! it worked!!!

i have been trying to figure it out all night!!
    09-08-08 08:19 PM
    Ant, good topic.

FYI, if you tell the company that you want it unlocked for international travel, it's usually seen as a valid reason for them to provide the code. Worst thing they can do is say no.

I've had really good luck with getting ATT to provide codes for me. There's a chance it's because I'm a Premier/business customer, but I don't know for sure. I don't ask too many questions.

Good luck to anyone doing the same.

-eric

Ohhhhhh you're the sh*t for bein a premier customer

09-08-08 08:24 PM
    All I did was go on ebay and I find a seller of unlock codes. I made sure he could supply the codes for an 8310, then I looked at his feedbacks. He had been on ebay for a long time and had an excellent track record. I sent $9.95 and my info and in just under 1 hour I had my unlock code. So in other words, I orderd and recieved my code and unlocked my phone all within 1 hour.

No muss, no fuss, no calling at&t and waiting. I've never traveled outside of the usa and at this point in my life, I doubt if I ever will. I just wanted my curve unlocked and I don't think 10 bucks is gonna break any bb user.
    09-09-08 10:38 AM
    No muss, no fuss, no calling at&t and waiting. I've never traveled outside of the usa and at this point in my life, I doubt if I ever will. I just wanted my curve unlocked and I don't think 10 bucks is gonna break any bb user.
    But why spend it if you don't have to? Again all three times I did this (for free)
    I was on and off the phone with AT&T and unlocked in 10 minutes or less.
    Where is the muss or fuss in that?
    09-09-08 11:09 AM
    But why spend it if you don't have to? Again all three times I did this (for free)
    I was on and off the phone with AT&T and unlocked in 10 minutes or less.
    Where is the muss or fuss in that?
    That's a good question LOL Ever since I became addicted to this evil device, I want what I want when I want it.

Seriously though. I was just sitting around one evening on CB and decided that I wanted my bb unlocked, so I just went for it. It seemed like a good idea at the time and I don't regret it. But maybe it's not the best solution for everyone.
    09-09-08 11:23 AM
    Ok I have Sprint I upgrade phones all the time but I do not want to pay $300 for a Curve on ebay or sprint.. if I get a Curve with another carrier can I get an unlock code? Right now I have the 8830 WE.
    09-09-08 12:35 PM
    All I did was go on ebay and I find a seller of unlock codes. I made sure he could supply the codes for an 8310, then I looked at his feedbacks. He had been on ebay for a long time and had an excellent track record. I sent $9.95 and my info and in just under 1 hour I had my unlock code. So in other words, I orderd and recieved my code and unlocked my phone all within 1 hour.

Lots of muss and lots a fuss, I tried the bay with 4 reputable sellers. All 4 took 2 to 4 days each to fail.

All 4 failed miserably. None could provide the code for my 8310.

Went to ATT got it FREE. I'm ashamed of myself for paying to begin with.

All refunded OK but the point is why pay when you don't have to??

Way more aggravation paying than calling ATT for free!!!

Lesson learned. Thus the thread that saved thousands of people here fees that never need to be paid.
    09-09-08 08:50 PM
    Lots of muss and lots a fuss, I tried the bay with 4 reputable sellers. All 4 took 2 to 4 days each to fail.

All 4 failed miserably. None could provide the code for my 8310.

Went to ATT got it FREE. I'm ashamed of myself for paying to begin with.

All refunded OK but the point is why pay when you don't have to??

Way more aggravation paying than calling ATT for free!!!

Lesson learned. Thus the thread that saved thousands of people here fees that never need to be paid.
    I knew as soon as I made that post that I was going to catch it
    But like I stated in my last post, that maybe it wasn't the best solution. I had read a few posts that mentioned how you sometimes had to wait several days or a week or more to recieve your unlock code and I didn't want to take that chance. I just wanted to unlock my phone right then and there. Sometimes when I get an idea, I like to see the results as soon as possible.
    Last edited by jayman2; 09-09-08 at 09:17 PM.
    09-09-08 09:07 PM
    Didn't mean to come off offensive.

But that was my experience.

At least there's choice.

And various wait times.
    09-09-08 09:24 PM
    Didn't mean to come off offensive.

But that was my experience.

At least there's choice.

And various wait times.
    No no. I didn't take it that way. It's my way. Sometimes when I get excited, I rush into things. Not always the best thing to do.
    09-09-08 09:30 PM
    Ok I have Sprint I upgrade phones all the time but I do not want to pay $300 for a Curve on ebay or sprint.. if I get a Curve with another carrier can I get an unlock code? Right now I have the 8830 WE.
    I think you have to have an account with them to get the unlock code... because if you aren't a customer I don't think they will really want to talk to you. other than activations for new accounts. Also, if you are thinking about getting another blackberry to use it with sprint, you cant because sprint doesn't use sim cards... meaning you cant use a sim card phone with sprint... So it will only do you any good if you leave sprint and get an unlocked blackberry.... an unlocked blackberry wont work with sprint. I think that makes sense.... yeah
    09-09-08 10:18 PM
1,342 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD