08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Someone buy a at&t Blackberry for me in new york but doesnt work in the caribbean do anyone got the code let me no please..
    08-13-08 06:16 PM
    some 1 plzs send me the code for at&t blackberry 8310 please
    Did you simply not read any of this thread. No one can send you
    an unlock code. You either get it by calling your carrier.

There is no universal unlock code.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-13-08 at 07:30 PM.
    08-13-08 07:28 PM
    Did you simply not read any of this thread. No one can send you
    an unlock code. You either get it by calling your carrier or using
    one of the many paid services that can get the code for you.

There is no universal unlock code.
    AG,

Most of those with under 5 posts and asked those question, never read.

I tell them to read the first 255 posts and rarely hear from them again.

ant
    08-13-08 07:30 PM
    at&t's policy is if your under contract still they won't(aren't supposed to) unlock it for international travel unless you have an international roaming feature. I know some must give out the codes without checking because the other day a lady got pissed at me because she didn't understand why she was given the code for another line a few weeks before. I tried to explain I wasn't going to put my job on the line just because someone else did. I guess if your lucky and get that care rep you may get it, just don't be mad at me if I say no.
    Last edited by Redneckbutlerboy; 08-19-08 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-14-08 01:57 AM
    I wasn't even a customer of ATT and got mine. FREE.

They can't withold it, against the law.
    08-14-08 06:44 AM
    I just called AT&T and asked for my subsidy unlock code. She said due to the fact that this phone is not linked to an AT&T account, it would take app. 5-7 business days and it would be emailed to me.

But it's on the way
    08-19-08 09:12 AM
    I just called AT&T and asked for my subsidy unlock code. She said due to the fact that this phone is not linked to an AT&T account, it would take app. 5-7 business days and it would be emailed to me.

But it's on the way
    That's cool. As long as there isn't a contract on it, their more then happy to do it.
    08-19-08 09:40 AM
    That's cool. As long as there isn't a contract on it, their more then happy to do it.
    The contract makes no difference. I have unlocked one Pearl and 2 Curves,
    all under contract. And I did all three on the phone in less than 10 minutes
    per phone.
    08-19-08 09:45 AM
    She said if the phone was being used on an AT&T account, then she would be able to look it up and give to me immediately.
    08-19-08 10:50 AM
    The contract makes no difference. I have unlocked one Pearl and 2 Curves,
    all under contract. And I did all three on the phone in less than 10 minutes
    per phone.
    I hate to break it to you but it does. Like I've said before, you may get a care rep that doesn't do there job right and just go ahead and do it but I'm not risking my job for anyone. There is a form we have to go through and when I get to the question about it being under contract the only why I'm allowed to unlock it is if you have an international roaming feature and want it unlocked for going overseas. It doesn't mater if you got lucky, that is at&t's policy.
    08-19-08 01:52 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but whether or not its part of your job, or if you risk losing it by providing the unlock, It is against the law to deny it.

That simple. Probably explains why upper level management readily provides the code to those that have been denied by lower level CS reps.
    08-19-08 06:36 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but whether or not its part of your job, or if you risk losing it by providing the unlock, It is against the law to deny it.

That simple. Probably explains why upper level management readily provides the code to those that have been denied by lower level CS reps.
    Can you post a link to this law? I find it hard to believe that they would say that, seeing that the phones are locked due to the fact they are giving to the customer at a very discounted rate and the customer enters into a legal contract for that carrier's service so they would have no reason to get it unlocked unless the contract has run its course or they paid to get out of it. As to the international roaming they will unlock it under contract if you have the international roaming feature. Otherwise, no.
    Last edited by Redneckbutlerboy; 08-19-08 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling and wording
    08-19-08 07:40 PM
    Can you post a link to this law? I find it hard to believe that they would say that seeing that the phones are lock due to the fact they are giving to the customer at a very discounted rate and the customer enters into a legal contract so they would have no reason to get it unlocked unless the contract has run its course or they paid to get out of it. As to the international roaming they will unlock it under contract if you have the international roaming feature. Otherwise, no.
    Got mine unlocked free while not being a ATT customer at all, ever!

Didn't even have to ask for upper level manager.

As for the law, google it, not that hard to find.
    08-19-08 07:45 PM
    Got mine unlocked free while not being a ATT customer at all, ever!

Didn't even have to ask for upper level manager.

As for the law, google it, not that hard to find.
    If you weren't an at&t customer then you didn't have a contract so they didn't need to get the money they lost on the phone back so ofcourse you'd get it unlocked.
    08-19-08 07:56 PM
    That's a right!
    08-19-08 08:19 PM
    ive try already and all they ask is for receipt
    08-21-08 03:48 PM
    for those of you who can call your provider and ask for the unlock code .... BE HAPPY.
    I called the idiots at Rogers from OUTSIDE CANADA (Asia) and they said they will not give me the code. They even went as far as telling me that they DO NOT HAVE it. ... knowing Rogers, I call BS, but thats what I was told. If you've had a different experience with these guys, do let me know ... cuz i want mine unlocked.
    08-21-08 07:29 PM
    Federal law requires a service provider provide the master subsidy lock code to the user, in case this hasn't been mentioned.
    08-21-08 09:11 PM
    Federal law requires a service provider provide the master subsidy lock code to the user, in case this hasn't been mentioned.
    US Federal Law...Rogers is Canadian
    08-21-08 10:15 PM
    Took the great advice on this forum and called ATT to get the unlock code for my BB Curve 8300. First person didnt want to give it to me since the acc't is cancelled but called again and got it this time

I unlocked with ease, first time!! this Now that the phone is unlocked, please advice on how to connect it to my VZW acc't and whether i need to buy a new sim

I read that you can swap sim's but my current VZW phone doesnt have a sim, its an old phone

thanks!!!
    Last edited by RIMM3003; 08-23-08 at 02:30 AM.
    08-23-08 02:25 AM
    Took the great advice on this forum and called ATT to get the unlock code for my BB Curve 8300. First person didnt want to give it to me since the acc't is cancelled but called again and got it this time

I unlocked with ease, first time!! this Now that the phone is unlocked, please advice on how to connect it to my VZW acc't and whether i need to buy a new sim

I read that you can swap sim's but my current VZW phone doesnt have a sim, its an old phone

thanks!!!
    Not gonna happen. T-Mobile is a GSM Carrier (SIM cards), VZW is a
    CDMA carrier (No SIM Card slot except the 8830WE)
    08-23-08 04:10 AM
    Not gonna happen. T-Mobile is a GSM Carrier (SIM cards), VZW is a
    CDMA carrier (No SIM Card slot except the 8830WE)
    Sorry for my ignorance, but isnt that a main reason phones are being unlocked?
    08-23-08 09:03 AM
    Sorry for my ignorance, but isnt that a main reason phones are being unlocked?
    Most phones are unlocked to be able to use them OUTSIDE of the US on other countries' networks. For example, lets say you went to Italy and wanted to use your phone but your carrier's rate is extremely high. By having an unlocked phone you could buy a SIM from one of Italy's local carriers and use the phone on their network, provided that for your benefit the rate was cheaper.
    Last edited by ediggity; 08-23-08 at 03:08 PM.
    08-23-08 03:05 PM
    Just call Rogers today. And they will not provide unlock services. I have to go to third party company to have it unlock. Once I unlocked the phone warranty would be voided!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 09:40 AM
    Yeah what's up with this. I just called ATT to unlock my T-mo phone and they said they couldn't do it. I'm waiting on slow assed T-mo now, have been waiting for 2 weeks.
    08-24-08 03:09 PM
1,342 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD