08-30-12 09:51 PM
1,342 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Call T-Mo,don't pay anyone a dime.

They will do exactly what you can do yourself, call T-mo.

They have no magic program that generates codes.
    That was the first thing I tried... I had to be their customer or send them in a receipt of purchase at an authorized store.
    07-27-08 09:19 PM
    That was the first thing I tried... I had to be their customer or send them in a receipt of purchase at an authorized store.
    Totally untrue, What their telling you. This very thread is filled with case after case, after case, where non-tmo customers got unlocked.

You need to ask for it properly.

This is 100% no one ever was refused. Ask for upper level management.
    07-27-08 09:25 PM
    Ok, so a friend of mine has just given me a brand new 8310 locked on t-mobile UK. I'm an o2 user myself so have been trawling the net all day finding out how i can get this unlocked. I called up t-mo and spoke to a CSR in manila - Philippines. After struggling to understand them they said that i would have to write in and then wait a month for a code. After reading what you guys have wrote i struggled to believe this all because I'm the other side of a big pond . So after a heated discussion i asked them to put me through to the UK. I spoke to a really nice woman who said the time frame given is a maximum of 28 days but is usually within 3-7. She took my model number, IMEI, contact etc etc and said she will also place it as high priority (lied that i was going traveling this weekend for 2 months, so i need it ASAP). So if any other brits are having an issue with t-mo being hopeless the best solution....TALK TO THE UK CSC!!!! Oh and no charge either!!!! In typical UK fashion i call that pimms o clock!
    07-28-08 11:43 AM
    AT&T won't give it up. I'm a customer. Bought both curves from the AT&T, get told some nonsense about "qualifying" for international travel. Get transferred to international cs and am told it takes a week or longer. How are people able to get these codes in the same conversation? I've talked to several different reps and they all give the run around.

ETA: Finally, after talking to a supervisor in International Customer Care, and upon discovering that we are Business customers, suddenly the story changes and they can give them right away over the phone! Apparently, if you are a regular "individual" account, they have to "submit a request to RIM" and it can take 5-7 days. If you are a "business" customer, you speak to a special "business international customer service" and they give it immediately over the phone.

So... in short... if they tell you "oh we don't have those codes in our system," they are full of crap!
    Last edited by bluepearl; 07-28-08 at 01:05 PM.
    07-28-08 12:12 PM
    well here in curacao (carribean) digicel just dont want to give the code to unlock. I tried it via several channels inside the comapy, but they refuse to give the unlock code!
    I would like to know if anyone knows a lawsuit did work uot for the customer in a lock case
    Hey Ant...how does this guy get an unlock code if he NEVER needs to buy one?
    Last edited by murphydawg80; 07-28-08 at 08:49 PM.
    07-28-08 08:42 PM
    AT&T won't give it up. I'm a customer. Bought both curves from the AT&T, get told some nonsense about "qualifying" for international travel. Get transferred to international cs and am told it takes a week or longer. How are people able to get these codes in the same conversation? I've talked to several different reps and they all give the run around.

ETA: Finally, after talking to a supervisor in International Customer Care, and upon discovering that we are Business customers, suddenly the story changes and they can give them right away over the phone! Apparently, if you are a regular "individual" account, they have to "submit a request to RIM" and it can take 5-7 days. If you are a "business" customer, you speak to a special "business international customer service" and they give it immediately over the phone.

So... in short... if they tell you "oh we don't have those codes in our system," they are full of crap!
    Yes Sir RE! No need to pay anyone EVER!
    07-28-08 10:17 PM
    Perhaps you can help cyriel00 get his code...his provider won't give him a code because he is in Curucao and they don't really care about lawsuits filed in the US.
    07-28-08 10:51 PM
    I've had two bad experiences this week. One was to unlock a pearl and the other a curve. I told them i wanted a subsidy unlock code but they ask me what is it for i said overseas use but i don't have service with them. They make an account and said that the pearl unlock code was ready but when i went to call them back they said its not and put me on hold for 20 mins so i hung up. I want to unlock my curve but i don't know what to expect anymore. I was successful in unlocking two in the past. Can someone please help me out here!
    07-29-08 07:51 PM
    I just got a warranty exchange. Called AT&T, gave them
    my IMEI and for the third time I was unlocked and off the
    phone in less than 10 minutes.

07-30-08 03:57 PM
    I just got a warranty exchange. Called AT&T, gave them
    my IMEI and for the third time I was unlocked and off the
    phone in less than 10 minutes.

excellent!!
    07-30-08 04:03 PM
    is there an advantage to having your phone unlocked? i mean i have a pearl 8130 and hear about unlocking. what would i get if i got my phone unlocked? diddly-squat?
    08-06-08 09:02 PM
    1) Unlocking your phone will allow you to use it on any
    other GSM carrier network. This is helpful if you wish
    to change carrier but not the phone.

2) If you travel you can buy a prepaid SIM card in your
    destination and avoid international roaming charges

3) If you decide to sell the phone unlocking it can
    increase your pool of potential customers and can
    in some case increase the amount you can get for it.

It does not add any functionality to your device
    08-06-08 10:04 PM
    I'm confused. I have to pay to unlock my BB or not.
    08-09-08 10:21 PM
    I'm confused. I have to pay to unlock my BB or not.
    Read post 1. twice!
    08-10-08 01:02 AM
    Hi I have Blackberry world edition with verizon will unlocking my phone make a difference? I want to use it over seas
    08-10-08 02:57 AM
    Hi I have Blackberry world edition with verizon will unlocking my phone make a difference? I want to use it over seas
    Its it a locked GSM phone??? Or is it cmda?
    08-10-08 08:29 AM
    So wait... I'm confused.

I have an AT&T phone but I go through T-mo. So I call AT&T to get the code?

SO confused.....
    08-12-08 02:02 PM
    Curve 8310 on AT&T. Called AT&T customer service today and got the subsidy unluck code for both my phone and the wife's. Successfully unlocked mine. Will unlock the wife's this PM. Why pay when you can get it for free?
    08-12-08 03:55 PM
    Curve 8310 on AT&T. Called AT&T customer service today and got the subsidy unluck code for both my phone and the wife's. Successfully unlocked mine. Will unlock the wife's this PM. Why pay when you can get it for free?
    Exactly!!! Well done!!!
    08-12-08 08:59 PM
    So wait... I'm confused.

I have an AT&T phone but I go through T-mo. So I call AT&T to get the code?

SO confused.....
    Read posts 1-255
    08-12-08 09:00 PM
    Ok. I'm totally lost. I'm going to need to unlock my BB soon cuz my boyfriend & his family will soon be changing carriers. So just exactly how do I do this?
    - Jacquie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 12:52 AM
    Ok. I'm totally lost. I'm going to need to unlock my BB soon cuz my boyfriend & his family will soon be changing carriers. So just exactly how do I do this?
    You cannot. VZW is a CDMA carrier. You can't unlock a CDMA (no SIM card) phone
    08-13-08 01:19 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to all this. What do you mean "unlock"? What would cause a BB to be locked?
    08-13-08 03:59 PM
    some 1 plzs send me the code for at&t blackberry 8310 please
    08-13-08 07:06 PM
    i bought the phone in new york but right now am in the caribbean so i need to get it unlock for it to work
    08-13-08 07:08 PM
1,342 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD