08-30-12 08:51 PM
1,342 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    No, They just need it for the unlock request.
    07-19-08 03:19 PM
    Thanks for your help. The CSR that helped me said that she couldn't email it to me so she gave it to me over the phone and it worked out fine!
    07-19-08 03:51 PM
    Thanks for your help. The CSR that helped me said that she couldn't email it to me so she gave it to me over the phone and it worked out fine!
    Excellent!!
    07-19-08 05:44 PM
    So if I understand correctly, if my locked blackberry curve 8320 is branded with T-Mobile on it, and I have Rogers wireless services, would I have to contact T-Mobile reps to have it unlocked or Rogers?

Thanks in advance.
    07-21-08 04:21 PM
    So if I understand correctly, if my locked blackberry curve 8320 is branded with T-Mobile on it, and I have Rogers wireless services, would I have to contact T-Mobile reps to have it unlocked or Rogers?

Thanks in advance.
    If rogers is your current provider and its locked, yes rogers.
    07-21-08 07:00 PM
    I called TMO, and the CSR told me that I needed to have the prepaid sim in the phone first (going to Thailand for vacation) before entering the unlock code otherwise the Berry will be permanently locked.

Can anyone please clarify this ?

Thannks in advance !
    07-23-08 02:24 PM
    Gonna sound totally like a newbie like I am but what does unlocking the bb reallymean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 05:31 PM
    I called TMO, and the CSR told me that I needed to have the prepaid sim in the phone first (going to Thailand for vacation) before entering the unlock code otherwise the Berry will be permanently locked.

Can anyone please clarify this ?

Thannks in advance !
    Wrong!!! I unlocked mine without a sim in it. I had no plan either, still don't.

It will be permanently locked if you enter the wrong code 10 times.

Did mine on the first try.
    07-23-08 06:44 PM
    i have att and i called 2 different times and they said i would have the international roaming feature for me to get the unlock code first
    07-24-08 10:40 AM
    Forgive my ignorance as I am new to the BB world, but what does unlocking your device actually mean?

I am with Sprint and they have waived my monthly BB charges so that I could keep my regular family plan billing cycle in-tact.

I'm traveling to Mexico in two weeks and am curious as to what this all might mean for me! Thanks!
    07-24-08 10:47 AM
    i have att and i called 2 different times and they said i would have the international roaming feature for me to get the unlock code first
    Wrong...ask to speak to "tech support" and they should give you the "subsidy unlock code" right over the phone.
    07-24-08 01:09 PM
    Wrong...ask to speak to "tech support" and they should give you the "subsidy unlock code" right over the phone.
    ok ill try that thanks
    07-24-08 01:32 PM
    Thanks addict. Is there a charge for this when you make calls ala international rates?
    07-24-08 01:47 PM
    Thanks addict. Is there a charge for this when you make calls ala international rates?
    okay i told you wrong and i apologize, for the wrong info but heres a link that explains everything Information about unlocking your cell phone again my bad for telling you wrong
    07-24-08 02:06 PM
    Hey thanks it worked, it took 2:45 mintues to get it lol
    07-24-08 02:34 PM
    Just like in post #221!!!
    07-24-08 03:03 PM
    I read in the Unlocking Sticky for the curve 8320 and came across a thread that suggested WiFi would not work if the phone is unlocked. How true is this? Also, any Canadians have a T-Mobile phone unlocked to the Rogers Network? What steps did you take to get it working?

So far I think I'm going to try Rogers tech support first, then if not try one of the mentioned websites to service it... any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    07-24-08 10:35 PM
    WRONG!!! I'm living proof.

Unlocked, NO PLAN, wifi fine and well!!!
    07-25-08 05:49 AM
    WRONG!!! I'm living proof.

Unlocked, NO PLAN, wifi fine and well!!!
    Nice... what method did you take to get it unlocked?
    07-25-08 07:28 AM
    well here in curacao (carribean) digicel just dont want to give the code to unlock. I tried it via several channels inside the comapy, but they refuse to give the unlock code!
    I would like to know if anyone knows a lawsuit did work uot for the customer in a lock case
    07-25-08 05:56 PM
    well here in curacao (carribean) digicel just dont want to give the code to unlock. I tried it via several channels inside the comapy, but they refuse to give the unlock code!
    I would like to know if anyone knows a lawsuit did work uot for the customer in a lock case
    Most of those pending now.
    07-25-08 08:31 PM
    Nice... what method did you take to get it unlocked?
    My 8320 was already unlocked, the 8310 I called and asked for it. They gave.
    07-25-08 08:32 PM
    suncom aint havin it...I've tried for two weeks now tech support day/night to get different techies various stories been nice been hateful played on the t-mo buyout every thing they are persistant that they do not have the subsity unlock codes told me to contact rim also gave me a pc repair place # in my town who does unlock but they want a hundred bucks thanks for the info though i tried my a$$ off
    07-25-08 08:38 PM
    Hello BB Experts...

I purchased a T-Mobile brand new from a website. I currently reside in Canada and would like the bb8320 unlocked to work on Rogers wireless network. So I found a website that offers service and my options are to choose a Manufacturer / Carrier. Do I select the Rogers package or T-Mobile?

Thanks in advance
    07-27-08 07:29 PM
    Hello BB Experts...

I purchased a T-Mobile brand new from a website. I currently reside in Canada and would like the bb8320 unlocked to work on Rogers wireless network. So I found a website that offers service and my options are to choose a Manufacturer / Carrier. Do I select the Rogers package or T-Mobile?

Thanks in advance
    Call T-Mo,don't pay anyone a dime.

They will do exactly what you can do yourself, call T-mo.

They have no magic program that generates codes.
    07-27-08 08:06 PM
1,342 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD