07-04-09 06:43 PM
46 12
tools
    I'm not sure if it wasn't there from the beginning, but I'm sure as soon as any CDMA carriers "claimed" the Tour, it was scrapped. So no, the hardware necessary is absolutely not in there.
    Thanks. My current phone is CDMA and on VZW and has wifi and I also have a data plan. I guess that was partly my reason for the confusion. I'm good now.
    07-04-09 05:58 AM
    I appologize I just thought it was pretty clear haha
    No problem! I'm good on info now!
    07-04-09 05:58 AM
    Thanks. My current phone is CDMA and on VZW and has wifi and I also have a data plan. I guess that's partly my reason for the confusion as well.

thats another reason why its a weird thought to think that verizon removes wi-fi there is a few wi-fi enabled windows mobile phones as well..
    07-04-09 05:59 AM
    Thanks. My current phone is CDMA and on VZW and has wifi and I also have a data plan. I guess that was partly my reason for the confusion. I'm good now.
    I used to have the same phone as you that you have now.
    07-04-09 06:00 AM
    thats another reason why its a weird thought to think that verizon removes wi-fi there is a few wi-fi enabled windows mobile phones as well..
    Could it be that Microsoft is a bigger boss than VZW? Money and power generally calls the shots in most business. LOL
    07-04-09 06:00 AM
    I used to have the same phone as you that you have now.
    I actually loved this phone (Samsung SCH-i760), but it has run its course. Touchscreen doesn't function right and the phone is beat up. I look forward to my Tour.
    07-04-09 06:02 AM
    Thanks again fellas! Been up all night watching movies with the wife, but now its 6 in the morning and time to go to bed! Man, the kids will be up in a few hours... pray for me! LOL!

Good night... or is that morning?
    07-04-09 06:03 AM
    Oh, and once again I apologize. I do realize now that my knowledge was incorrect. Though I didn't have an ego with it. All I needed was GENTLE correction. Some pull out the whipping stick on folks. Let's always be respectful, myself included.
    07-04-09 06:05 AM
    Yes it is, just not on Verizon. Make sure you read my posts in context please.

Thanks.
    no, not just on verizon, on every carrier.. no wifi chip in ANY of them
    07-04-09 06:48 AM
    God help us. Another WIFI posting.
    07-04-09 06:55 AM
    God help us. Another WIFI posting.
    lmao...
    07-04-09 12:01 PM
    ??? Taking a stand? What in the world are you talking about young man? Please be respectful.

You ASSUME I think I know what I'm talking about. I KNOW NOTHING. And that's why I'm asking questions. I think you need to calm down.
    Please go away. Don't ask a question then get all internet-tough-guy when people try to answer your question. Bye.
    07-04-09 12:12 PM
    I did and the way it was worded in the first sentence made it sound like from the other thread "we already know the answer to this question"

a few people have been saying that the hardware is in there but I don't believe it is..

I thought thats what you were referring to.

thats why I went on to say that if it was verizon taking it out then sprint would have it right?
    Will other carriers' Tours have wifi? If they do, can't you just open a Verzion Tour and another carriers' Tour to compare the differences in the phone? Wouldn't that help to determine if the Verizon Tour is capable of wifi?
    07-04-09 12:14 PM
    JEEEEEZE. This is the 3rd thread I have read today and people are being a**holes to eachother. THis is a forum, the best blackberry website out there. Quit being rude to eachother. You people are really starting to make this website hard to enjoy!
    07-04-09 12:22 PM
    Will other carriers' Tours have wifi? If they do, can't you just open a Verzion Tour and another carriers' Tour to compare the differences in the phone? Wouldn't that help to determine if the Verizon Tour is capable of wifi?
    The Tour will not have wifi on any carrier, it just doesn't exist. I'm not sure but I heard there were issues getting a cdma, gsm, bluetooth and a wifi radio into the same unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:40 PM
    At first I was :|, but then I was :|
    07-04-09 03:47 PM
    The Tour will not have wifi on any carrier, it just doesn't exist. I'm not sure but I heard there were issues getting a cdma, gsm, bluetooth and a wifi radio into the same unit.

I remember reading something like that about the storm. There is only so much room on the board. Which brings up a good point, if it wasn't a "world" phone would they throw in wifi? Ie. Bold or 8900 which only run on gsm?

07-04-09 03:56 PM
    No CDMA blackberry has WiFi, It's not new to the tour or verizon. Next year with LTE wifi is going to be obsolete anyways.
    07-04-09 04:07 PM
    JEEEEEZE. This is the 3rd thread I have read today and people are being a**holes to eachother. THis is a forum, the best blackberry website out there. Quit being rude to eachother. You people are really starting to make this website hard to enjoy!
    Well said.
    07-04-09 05:36 PM
    there is no wifi capability on the device. Forget the software part. It's a hardware issue (as in its not even there).
    07-04-09 06:29 PM
    Come on, people. Be nice to this guy. He is being a lot more patient with your rude responses than I would be.

To the OP, I can see how you would be confused about this. After all, rumor has it that the original test phones that came out for Sprint had wifi capabilities. So, it isn't beyond rational thinking to wonder if it was just turned off and could be hacked and therefore turned on.

I don't know the answer, but it's a good question.
    07-04-09 06:43 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD