11-21-17 04:09 PM
218 12345 ...
tools
    So, does it mean I cannot unlock it any ways?
    You would have to take to a phone shop that knows how to do a cable unlock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 03:49 PM
    BBstormOS6 is right... Can only be unlocked via usb.
    12-09-10 05:25 PM
    So, does it mean I cannot unlock it any ways?
    DM3 Unlocking is the only way to unlock your Blackberry. It's a special machine and the only one that can perform that operation. We offer the service but would need to have the phone physically.
    12-09-10 05:41 PM
    I have no problems sending the phone, but the issue is I am in India.

May I please know what "special machine" is called? EDIT: Got It, Its called DM3.

So I could search around!

Is is possible to use the SIM Unlock Card with this phone like this one UNLOCK SIM CARD FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 STORM2 CURVE - eBay (item 250559299317 end time Jan-01-11 06:32:22 PST)?
    Last edited by sumitverma; 12-09-10 at 10:53 PM.
    12-09-10 09:38 PM
    I have no problems sending the phone, but the issue is I am in India.

May I please know what "special machine" is called? EDIT: Got It, Its called DM3.

So I could search around!

Is is possible to use the SIM Unlock Card with this phone like this one UNLOCK SIM CARD FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9700 STORM2 CURVE - eBay (item 250559299317 end time Jan-01-11 06:32:22 PST)?
    It's called DM3 Unlocking and they have service centers around the world.
    12-10-10 12:19 PM
    New question about the Unlocked 9650:

Got my unlock code and worked great: Thanks Cellunlock!

Went to Barbados and used a Digicel SIM.
    The SIM part went well, phone recognized it. I could make calls.

However,
    when they set me up with data to receive emails, they could not make that happen.
    They had tech suppport working 5 days on it and all they could tell me is that Blackberry was not connecting my phone...is that possible?

I'm heading to France and want to receive data as well.
    Besides getting a SIM card that supports blackberry, what else should I look for?
    12-14-10 10:59 PM
    Need to have the pin released from your carrier.

12-14-10 11:02 PM
    Would that be the new carrier ( here Digicel) or my homebase carrier (Verizon)?

Actually. once I got back to the US, I had several PIN mails to me with just a series of numbers.

12-14-10 11:24 PM
    Your homebase carrier verizon...
    12-18-10 05:26 PM
    it is legal but they dont want to give out the numbers. You can use a service from us to get the code. If you are in a contract you will still have to pay out the contract, it just means now you have the freedom to use what carrier you choose. Plus if you decide to resell the phone it will be worth more....hope that helps.
    12-18-10 05:28 PM
    Need to have the pin released from your carrier.

And we all know it's not that easy
    12-19-10 12:05 AM
    I want to unlock/flash my verizon wireless blackberry bold 9650 so that I can stop paying the ridiculous prize for verizon and use my blackberry on virgin mobile. I have no problem with paying the fees whoever charges for the unlock code however I have some VERY important questions first. I would appreciate a user who specializes in unlocking verizon phones to respond PLEASE!!!
    1. Verizon uses sim cards. There is a sim card in my phone. Virgin mobile who I wish to use my future unlocked blackberry on does not use sim cards. How would I swing that? Would I simply take the sim card out of the phone after I switch it over?
    2. I heard a rumor that if I use my Verizon phone on Virgin that I will not be able to access the internet, data, or send or receive picture/video/audio MMS messages. Is that true?
    3. I went to virgin mobile online and was going to see if it would even accept the phone to use and it said it would let me activate it but that I wouldnt be able to access their entire network, that many features would not be available to me, however the phone is not unlocked yet, would unlocking it change what becomes available to me on virgins network?
    4. I did research and I found out that Verizon is a CDMA carrier not a GSM carrier as someone stated on this site. Virgin is also a CDMA carrier but they dont have their own towers, they rent them off Verizon and Sprint. I am thinking that even though Verizon has a sim and Virgin doesnt that I should still be able to use my verizon phone on virgin and get all the data and everything, is this true, i need someone who knows exactly what I am talking about to help me out here?
    5. If I unlock my phone and try to use it on Virgin Mobile and it doesnt work the way I want it to and I am not satisfied and have to result to using Verizon will I be able to reactivate the phone I already activated on Virgin? I dont plan to have verizon disconnect my servie when I switch my phone, I just plan to switch it and deal with verizon after that, however if I switch it and I dont like it I want to make sure that I can still call Verizon and be like OMG my phone isnt working, can you make it work......that type of thing,.
    Basically I want to make sure the my verizon wireless blackberry that is currently turned on thru verizon will be able to be used on the virgin mobile network and still have all the data and MMS and if it doesnt I wont even switch it over but if it does and I switch it over without disconnecting my current service and for some reason I am not satisfied with my switch will I be able to switch the phone back to Verizon without any troubles
    Thank you
    PS: I probably could have worded this better but I am a woman and we tend to make simple things difficult. In this instance I need a man to make my difficulities simple. LOL. Thanks so much
    PS AGAIN: I dont need anyone to tell me where I can get my phone unlocked and the price, I got all that down pat already, I have gotten many emails already since I post this 10 mins ago from users telling me to go with them to unlock my phone but none of them answered my questions. thats bad for your business, why would I go with you if you cant even answer my questions. Whoever can answer my questions is the person who I will purchase the unlock code from. THANK YOU!!!
    Last edited by itsallaboutdru; 02-20-11 at 11:22 PM. Reason: questions not being answered but getting emails
    02-20-11 11:09 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier that has world phones that when unlocked can be used on GSM carriers.
    02-20-11 11:18 PM
    Let me know if you got the unlock code.
    02-23-11 08:49 AM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier that has world phones that when unlocked can be used on GSM carriers.
    yup..............
    02-23-11 10:21 AM
    Yes on "most" GSM providers
    02-24-11 02:38 PM
    depends if they are compatible with the frequency band a particular GSM Operator is operating
    02-25-11 07:09 AM
    im on a rogers network in canada but i dont get my 3G logo only edge logo why is that? im using a Bold 9650
    03-16-11 09:18 PM
    im on a rogers network in canada but i dont get my 3G logo only edge logo why is that? im using a Bold 9650
    Bold 9650 does not support those 3G frequency bands

03-16-11 09:28 PM
    Agreed...what network was it from initially anyways?
    03-18-11 05:00 PM
    One of the few downer's of unlocking a phone
    03-21-11 06:50 PM
    As mentioned above, the 9650 is not compatible with the 3G frequencies used in North America on GSM.
    03-22-11 05:22 PM
    yeah 9650 is not compatible with the 3G frquencies
    03-24-11 11:10 AM
    agreed with the above.
    03-24-11 11:31 AM
    In North America that is, will work on 3G in Europe and Asia.
    03-25-11 09:44 AM
218 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD