Guys, I looked around on a couple threads and had a specific question that I couldn't find. So forgive if it has been answered. I am leaving on Monday for Italy. I have the VZ Storm 9530(locked). My sister in law who lives in Italy has an extra sim card for her phone(iphone). If I were to buy an unlock code online, I am just able to pop in her sim card when I get to Italy and have no issues making local calls?

2nd question is: once I unlock it, when I come back to the US, am I going to run into issues putting back on VZ's network?

Appreciate all the help
    Stone23
    08-12-09 10:04 PM
    Just call vzw and tell them your traveling internationally. They should unlock it free
    And you shouldn't have a problem switching back to vzw when you come back.

Just remember to switch it to gsm over there and switch it back when you return

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:10 PM
    hey there are plenty of threads on this topic. but i know kinda gets annoying to look but in a quick answer you good either buy an unlock code and there is a company/person that does this just look for it in the search area. very good company to work with as they also give a step by step process. or you could do it like many others and call verizon international section. (number in another thread) and follow the step by step process that is givin on this site. just search step by step unlock process. it was very easy in the end.
    08-12-09 10:11 PM
    Thanks, but as far as the cost of both (using VZW International) or a local sim card, which would be more cost effective. And am I able to use the internet with both?
    08-12-09 10:16 PM
    call the global support dept & get the unlock code for your device, take out the sim already in it & voila! The rest you can take from there.
    08-12-09 10:32 PM
    2+is right
    i am in China i don't know how to unlock it now
    08-13-09 02:37 AM
    1-888-844-0395 Call this number and tell them you are traveling internationally, and they will give you unlock capabilities.
    08-13-09 04:53 AM
    Thanks, but as far as the cost of both (using VZW International) or a local sim card, which would be more cost effective. And am I able to use the internet with both?
    It depends on how long you'll be there and how many calls you'll make! Call swill be expensive but I know you'll have internet with Vzw International. I doubt the local SIM will provide data services. Which is more important?
    08-13-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD