Ok I've spent a ton of hours searching for the answer, and I have not gotten a clear cut answer. I have a 8330 USCC BB that I bought off my roommate and now I want to use it on Verizon. I know they are both CDMA, however I've heard you cannot unlock these types because they do not use sim cards. I went to tons of unlocking websites and I cannot find a USCC 8330 phone option...Is this because its a CDMA format?

Long story short I want too use my phone....HELP!!!!
    10-28-09 04:53 AM
    No, it's not possible.

Verizon typically will not allow devices from other carriers to be activated on their network.

It's not a matter of unlocking.
    10-28-09 06:16 AM
    If you are a current Verizon cuatomer, you can sign-up for a free account at Verizon Wireless

Then click on the "activate my phone" link on the right side of the screen under "quick links".

Enter your mobile number then enter the phone's ESN/MEID number. The Verizon system will most likely reject your US Cellular ESN/MEID, but hey, you might get lucky.

If your ESN/MEID is rejected, then forget about it. Sell the BB, then buy a Verizon branded 8330 with a clean ESN/MEID to use.
    10-28-09 06:55 AM
    Its all up to the carrier period!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD