Hi,

I just received the unlocked blackberry bold 9700 I ordered on the internet but it doesn't work with bell. then I asked for an unlock code on Unlock2go - Cell Phone Unlock codes | Unlocking Cell Phones | Cell Phone Unlocking Service to unlock it for bell. but im not able to get the box where I need to type mep2 and mep4. does anyone could help me? could I relock /unlock it again or I need to throw this mobile away?

Thanks!
    01-15-10 05:13 PM
    1. Go to settings menu and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options and then SIM card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the MEP Unlock Code received from us and press in the track pad to confirm
    6. You will get a message CODE ACCEPTED and the phone will return to the "Personalization" screen
    7. Type MEP4 and you will be prompted to enter the Service Provider Code
    8. Enter the SP Code sent to you and press the track pad
    9. Your phone is unlocked.
    01-15-10 05:30 PM
    I don't get that

5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the MEP Unlock Code received from us and press in the track pad to confirm

I think it is because my phone was already unlocked (it works with rogers / fido ) . but I need it to be unlocked for bell

Thanks for the help
    01-15-10 05:54 PM
    Once its unlocked it unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 05:55 PM
    so.. if it is already unlock and that it is not working with bell. it has nothing to do ?
    01-15-10 06:04 PM
    Nope Might try switching the network.
    01-15-10 08:59 PM
    so.. if it is already unlock and that it is not working with bell. it has nothing to do ?
    Which carrier is your 9700 from?
    01-15-10 11:29 PM
    Let's get this problem solved. From the looks of your first post, you say "but im not able to get the box where I need to type mep2 and mep4". Since you said, get the mep2 AND mep4 box to appear, I'll assume you have a Bell 9700.

Check if your Blackberry is already Unlocked
    The MEP menu will not come up if your Blackberry is already unlocked. Go to options --> advanced options --> SIM card --> type "mepd" (you will not see the letters come up, but after completing the 4 letter combination, you will see a few new menus that pop up)

The 2 that we want to focus on here is "Network" (AKA. MEP2) and "Service Provider" (AKA MEP4). If it says "Active" beside either network or service provider, your phone is still locked. If it says "inactive" or "disabled" beside either/both of the 2 categories, your phone is still locked. If it says "unknown" beside all categories, you may have forgotten to insert a SIM card or inserted it incorrectly in which case you will have to reinsert your SIM card.

Explanation of "Active"
    If it says active, it means that your phone is SIM locked. If it is active beside Network, then you need to press "mep2" and a box should appear. If it is active beside Service Provider, you will have to press "mep4" to enter the service provider code. Unlock2go should have provided you with 2 unlock codes if it is a Bell 9700. Basically, your goal is to make sure that ALL categories have "disabled" or "inactive" beside them.

Final Steps
    After you have achieved the "disabled" or "inactive" messages beside all categories in the mepd menu, you will have to go to Manage Connections --> Mobile Network Options --> and ensure that the "Network Technology" is set to GSM/UMTS.

After this, a battery pull is always the best way to go.

Hopefully this solves the problem you're having. The only other situation I didn't mention is having the words "BLOCKED" beside the categories in the mepd menu. And we're all hoping it doesn't say that.

If you have any clarification questions, feel free to shout it out here and I'm sure someone will be more than happy to help you out. If you have a Rogers, AT&T or T-mobile 9700, here's a youtube clip to our unlocking tutorial.

01-16-10 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD