05-07-10 12:12 PM
87 1234
tools
    cellunlock.net has there been any updates for the fix??
    Not yet, but the problem might be with the OS, so we are trying to figure out when they are planning to release the update or if we can get a "leaked" one
    08-08-09 07:46 PM
    I have a Sprint Tour that shipped unlocked. I can receive calls and send/receive text messages but I cannot make outgoing calls using both a t-mobile and AT&T sim cards.
    Is there something wrong with my phone, whenever I try to make a phone call with the GSM network using the sim cards it say emergency calls only.
    08-10-09 10:32 PM
    I have used T mobile post paid sim on my tour ..... it works good. But gives me only edge no 3G.
    08-11-09 12:03 AM
    Not yet, but the problem might be with the OS, so we are trying to figure out when they are planning to release the update or if we can get a "leaked" one
    I am hoping this will be the solution to the T-mo Tour problem lol I still have the tour and not worrying about it to much. Thanks for the update
    08-11-09 06:54 AM
    I have used T mobile post paid sim on my tour ..... it works good. But gives me only edge no 3G.
    Tour like the Storm is 3G only on the CDMA side other carriers you will get EDGE.
    08-11-09 09:53 AM
    I have a Sprint Tour that shipped unlocked. I can receive calls and send/receive text messages but I cannot make outgoing calls using both a t-mobile and AT&T sim cards.
    Is there something wrong with my phone, whenever I try to make a phone call with the GSM network using the sim cards it say emergency calls only.
    I am having the same problem. Its a shame none of us crackberry attics can figure it out.
    08-11-09 06:22 PM
    my problem is everything works except the browser and the icon doesnt show up and mine still says activation required
    08-12-09 02:14 AM
    I am having the same problem. Its a shame none of us crackberry attics can figure it out.
    I actually used a friends T-Mobile sim card today and it worked for the outgoing and incoming calls, when I set the mobile network I put 2g and 3g before I was putting 2g only. I am not sure if that made the difference.
    08-12-09 02:20 AM
    That's a new one on me. Maybe VZ doesn't want everyone carrying this one off to other carriers like they did the Storm. You've got good signal and EDGE data. Do you have AIM or WLM maybe I can help.
    Hello. Just wondering if you could help me out. I have a unlocked Verizon Tour and am using AT&T service. I can't get the browser to appear. I tried the battery pull, register now, & resend service books...no good. Any suggestions?
    08-17-09 02:09 AM
    The only thing I need to do is get service books to get the internet working. I purchased the phone unlocked. I just had to call tmobile and give them the serial and IEM number from the tour. Then I changed it to manual search and selected tmobile from the networks. I changed it to 2g/3g. I can make calls, receive calls, SMS. Just have to get the net going. I have only had it for 1 day. Anyone know what services books to grab?
    08-21-09 01:39 PM
    Is anyone else having the issue where when you install an at&t gophone sim, the radio on the phone won't even turn on?
    08-23-09 11:09 AM
    Is anyone else having the issue where when you install an at&t gophone sim, the radio on the phone won't even turn on?
    Did you go to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G? and then turn wireless ON in Manage Connections?
    08-23-09 12:17 PM
    Yes. Have done all of that. For some reason, the radio itself just won't turn on. I've tried all kinds of options. Switching to GSM and 2G before inserting the sim, waiting to do the switch until after I insert the sim.

I've also tried 2 sim cards and still have the same issue.

I find it hard to believe it is the phone because it works with a tmo sim.
    08-23-09 12:20 PM
    Yes. Have done all of that. For some reason, the radio itself just won't turn on. I've tried all kinds of options. Switching to GSM and 2G before inserting the sim, waiting to do the switch until after I insert the sim.

I've also tried 2 sim cards and still have the same issue.

I find it hard to believe it is the phone because it works with a tmo sim.
    What happens when you turn on the wireless?
    08-23-09 03:40 PM
    I have the same problem, too.
    I can do sms, but I can't make a call it says "No Circuit/Channel Available" and "Activation Required" instead of T-Mobile.

Please help.

Thank you.
    08-24-09 09:34 PM
    It won't let me turn on the wireless network.

The phone starts up with the radio off. If I open manage connections>wireless network and click the box to turn it on, the check mark stays in the box for about 5 seconds, and then disappears and the radio never turns on. At that point, even if I go to network options and change back to 1xev, the radio won't turn on. I can't get the radio back on until I pull out the sim and restart the phone. As mentioned, I have tried a replacement sim and it did the same thing.

The wierd thing is that I tried a friend's at&t postpaid sim and it worked fine.

Is it possible that the at&t prepaid sims won't work in this device? I can't imagine why that would be but I'm out of options here.
    08-25-09 10:00 PM
    try doing a device wipe using crackutil or JL CMDR. then reload the software, that will remove any settings, any it policies. I had to do that for my tour first time when I got it unlocked. I erased everything using JL CMDR and reloaded the software. Just make sure when you reload the software it is Sprints version of the Tour operating system. Not verizon! or else you might have some problems like trying to access the MSL to change the activation requiered etc
    08-26-09 03:54 AM
    lukeg - Thanks, I had tried exactly what you said a couple of weeks ago.

After reading a bunch of threads here, I am thinking it may be the TYPE of sim card that the gophone uses by default. The postpaid at&t sim card that works has different brass contacts than the gophone sims I have tried. The postpaid seems to have brass "wings" on the top and bottom of the contacts that makes the contact pad a little more rounded, whereas the gophone brass contact pad is a perfect rectangle.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. I ordered the "winged" 64k type on e-bay and will give that a try
    08-26-09 08:46 AM
    OMG!!!! It finally works now, i mean it was wierd that my girl called me at home and it went thru. Maybe its a network issue here i dont know but it works. weird stuff
    08-27-09 01:56 PM
    OMG!!!! It finally works now, i mean it was wierd that my girl called me at home and it went thru. Maybe its a network issue here i dont know but it works. weird stuff
    did you do anything specific? it is working 100% now?
    08-27-09 07:33 PM
    It is working 100%. I didn't do anything that I know of. I am really thinking is Tmo network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 09:18 AM
    It is working 100%. I didn't do anything that I know of. I am really thinking is Tmo network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A lot of customers have been reporting the same thing, apparently TMO did something on their network
    08-29-09 11:15 AM
    From my reading to remove that and get your number accurate when you make an outgoing call you will need an MSL #. For sprint they do not have a default one so you would need to call it in. My Tour was for sprint but it is unlocked to work with the tmobile network.

Problem is my music is not working. I played alot with the service books to get the internet going. Anyone have a quick idea why my music wont play and why some of my ringers wont either. Thanx
    08-30-09 01:37 PM
    Hi Guys ... I just got my Verizon Tour and it was unlock. Use it internationally in Asia Sim card and worked perfectly fine. Brought it back here to States and change to T-mobile simcard. It worked fine for 2 days and now my browser and set up email icons disappeared. Change back to my Asia Sim card and voilaaaaa the browser appears. Called Tmobile and Blackberry Technical Support, they cant help either. I'm able to make phone calls and SMS. Anyone can help me? What should i do?
    09-02-09 06:55 AM
    Hi Guys ... I just got my Verizon Tour and it was unlock. Use it internationally in Asia Sim card and worked perfectly fine. Brought it back here to States and change to T-mobile simcard. It worked fine for 2 days and now my browser and set up email icons disappeared. Change back to my Asia Sim card and voilaaaaa the browser appears. Called Tmobile and Blackberry Technical Support, they cant help either. I'm able to make phone calls and SMS. Anyone can help me? What should i do?
    You will most probably need to reload manually the T-Mobile Service Books
    09-02-09 11:35 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD