05-07-10 11:12 AM
87 1234
tools
    This phone is fully unlocked. Set to GSM and 2G. This is wierd today I woke up to go to work and my phone rang and I was able to talk. I made a couple of calls to see it work. I would say I live about 5 miles the most from work. Once I got home I tired to call someone and got the same message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:01 PM
    No idea, thats so weird. Faulty unit maybe?
    07-16-09 12:00 PM
    No idea, thats so weird. Faulty unit maybe?
    I tired it on my dads verizon account to see if it was the phone. But i made calls and everything with no problem. So i dont know what to do??
    07-16-09 12:44 PM
    What i am going to try to do is return the phone back to verizon and try again.
    07-16-09 06:38 PM
    What i am going to try to do is return the phone back to verizon and try again.
    We have a 9630 Tour here unlocked and tried to use it with a T-Mobile SIM card and get the same message "No circuit channel available". Weird part is that it works fine with an AT&T Sim card. So the problem only seems to be with a T-Mobile SIM card. Our techs are working on finding the fix. We will keep you posted as soon as we do.
    07-16-09 10:45 PM
    Thank u I guess I will hold on to the tour. Please keep me updated as possible. Thank you a lot

07-17-09 12:33 AM
    hey i got the same problem.... have any of u guys figure it out yet? x.x it said no circuit/channel availble in a certain places.
    07-22-09 11:56 PM
    hey i got the same problem.... have any of u guys figure it out yet? x.x it said no circuit/channel availble in a certain places.
    We are still waiting on RIM for the fix. We will update as soon as we do
    07-23-09 12:27 AM
    i have the Tour unlocked for use with T-mobile as well
    Let me describe some of my personal problems I ran into

1) Calling works, however when someone calls me on the other line, you have to hit the menu and it says FLASH (which i guess is like an old school way of switching between calls). Anyhow, when you press flash it doesn't show you are talking to two people how a regular 8900 or bold or any other blackberry would. It DOES NOT show one number as held and one active, it just shows whoever ur talking too and thats IT. Like an old house phone ! I couldn't believe it !

2) I did the same exact thing as for the storm to put the service books on and that did not work to get my browser up.

All in all i like the phone, its bigger than the 8900 but smaller than the bold. You can call it "just right" for me. But its not right at all, until all these minor things are worked out.

Someone let me know whats up
    07-23-09 12:35 AM
    thank you very much
    07-23-09 04:55 AM
    Thank you sir. If you fix your my hero and i am buying unlocks from you always
    07-23-09 07:59 AM
    I am also having the same problem.
    07-23-09 05:53 PM
    The Tour is just like the Storm once unlocked it will work on ANY gsm network.
    This is a problem on RIM / SPRINT side should have a fix soon. It seems to be only on the Sprint unlocks all my Verizon, Telus, are working fine.
    07-25-09 10:01 PM
    Is the T-mo card a 32K or 64K?
    07-25-09 10:06 PM
    The Tour is just like the Storm once unlocked it will work on ANY gsm network.
    This is a problem on RIM / SPRINT side should have a fix soon. It seems to be only on the Sprint unlocks all my Verizon, Telus, are working fine.
    My verizon is what's giving me the problem.
    Is the T-mo card a 32K or 64K?
    How can you tell??
    07-26-09 03:52 PM
    Did anyone have success yet???
    07-31-09 06:03 AM
    We have found that you need a new card card 128mb. This has taken care of problems for my customers. Phone comes with 32 or 64 mb.
    07-31-09 06:06 AM
    So far I can't find a way to tell from looking straight at a SIM card if it's 32k or 64k unless it's printed on the thing.

The reason, apparently, why 32k cards don't work is because 3G services require 64k SIM cards since the Tour is 3G GSM capable (overseas only) it needs a 64k card to work.

The only way to know for sure is to put it in and try it. I do see on my receipt for my AT&T GoPhone SIM card it does say 64k.

128k SIMs are extremely rare from what I've managed to find but I don't see why they wouldn't work seeing as 64k works...

I think on AT&T SIM cards they now will say "3G" in a little orange fireball logo if it's 64k.
    07-31-09 12:55 PM
    Has anyone tested the unlocked Sprint Tour with Non-Prepaid T-mobile Sim?
    08-02-09 01:22 AM
    I am going to look into that

08-04-09 08:32 PM
    cellunlock.net has there been any updates for the fix??
    08-07-09 07:40 AM
    Has anyone got a non prepaid tmo sim to send and receive calls with Sprint or Verizon Tour? If so please tell me if your phone came unlocked or you had to unlock it.
    Thanks!!!
    08-07-09 06:37 PM
    J - if I were you, return the Tour if you are still within 30 days. I honestly don't think it will be resolved anytime soon. I found out that the old Tmo plan that I previously had causing some features in the unlock Tour not to work.
    However, it's still not working. Just like you - I am still looking for solution.
    By the way - all Sprint Tour already unlocked if you bought them just recently. I bought mine last week and it's unlock already. However, the Verizon is not unlocked - thus you will need to get it unlock.
    Whatever the solution will be - you will need to unlock the Tour.
    08-07-09 07:33 PM
    J - if I were you, return the Tour if you are still within 30 days. I honestly don't think it will be resolved anytime soon. I found out that the old Tmo plan that I previously had causing some features in the unlock Tour not to work.
    However, it's still not working. Just like you - I am still looking for solution.
    By the way - all Sprint Tour already unlocked if you bought them just recently. I bought mine last week and it's unlock already. However, the Verizon is not unlocked - thus you will need to get it unlock.
    Whatever the solution will be - you will need to unlock the Tour.
    Im on sprint and I had to unlock it. Are you able to make calls yet?
    08-07-09 07:39 PM
    I just got my tour from sprint, it came already unlocked. I installed my t-mobile sim card (new one) and was able to make calls and receive my emails. But I cannot access the browser or send MMS.
    08-08-09 07:46 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD