Hi,

I had a quick question. Has anyone called ATT and had their blackberry 9800 unlocked by them?

When I had the 9700 they said they will no longer unlock the 9700 for anyone, but I feel they lied to me.

Also does anyone have a trusted website to get the unlock code from?

Thanks
    11-06-10 11:44 AM
    I was under the impression ATT won't give out unlock codes to phones they have an exclusive deal with. I unlocked my torch from an unlock site and it works fine that way.

What did you say the reasoning was for why you wanted your 9700 unlocked? i think that matters too.
    11-06-10 12:01 PM
    what unlock site did you use?

i said im going overseas for vacation
    11-06-10 12:12 PM
    Whatever you do, do NOT use gsmliberty.net They are scammers.

I used BerryReview’s Remote BlackBerry Unlocking Store

Now I just need to borrow someone's t-mobile sim to make sure it is unlocked
    11-06-10 01:06 PM
    what unlock site did you use?

i said im going overseas for vacation
    I can unlock this for you instantly for a bit cheaper than on the berryreview site. I will send you a PM
    11-06-10 01:09 PM
    Hi,

I had a quick question. Has anyone called ATT and had their blackberry 9800 unlocked by them?

When I had the 9700 they said they will no longer unlock the 9700 for anyone, but I feel they lied to me.

Also does anyone have a trusted website to get the unlock code from?

Thanks
    Try here: Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net
    I got mine unlocked in less than 3 minutes. They are GOOD!!!!!
    10 seconds after hitting "submit payment", I got my email confirmation with the code.
    I have used them a few times since then....no change in service...THANKFULLY!!!!!
    Hope this helps.
    Dominic
    11-06-10 04:15 PM
    As long as you are not under contract, at&t is supposed to provide you sim unlock code at your request.

however, the procedure to get that - call 611, talk to 2 levels of ******** reps, wait on hold for damn nearly an interminable time - is just too taxing.

Since my blackberry bold 9000 (and since them 9700 and 9800) for me, my boss as well as my sister, I have been using this dude on ebay.

★ UNLOCK Code For AT&T Blackberry Torch 9800 9700 9000 - eBay (item 260658710204 end time Nov-30-10 01:38:41 PST)

its $0.99 and when you check out you provide him with your carrier, model and imei. His turn around time is instantaneous - but he has always unlocked me in under 2 hrs.

In fact, I forgot to unlock my new 9800 and I unlocked during my wait period @ SFO yesterday
    11-06-10 04:24 PM
    wow I shoulda checked ebay first lol. Either way, I agree, I'd rather pay money than deal with AT&T reps any more than I absolutely have to.
    11-06-10 04:35 PM
    i used bb unlock codes. it was about 10 bucks.
    11-06-10 04:36 PM
    Ok just an odd question, but why on earth would you want to unlock your phone when your using it on the network it was intended for? All unlocking allows you to do is use it on another network, no need to unlock it if your using it on AT&T. Just curious and maybe I'm missing something?
    11-06-10 05:29 PM
    Ok just an odd question, but why on earth would you want to unlock your phone when your using it on the network it was intended for? All unlocking allows you to do is use it on another network, no need to unlock it if your using it on AT&T. Just curious and maybe I'm missing something?
    It would be useful to avoid expensive international charges if one travels to another country.

It also increases the resale value if one plans to sell the device.
    11-06-10 05:36 PM
    So basically useless and a waste of money(be it .99$ or 10$) if you never leave the country or plan on reselling the device. Just as I thought. Thought maybe I was missing something else.
    11-06-10 05:45 PM
    homer: yes you're right. If you never vacation overseas, or outside your country, you have no use for an unlocked device. For the rest of us though, it's well worth it because at$t charges a buttload for roaming internationally.
    11-06-10 05:50 PM
    homer: yes you're right. If you never vacation overseas, or outside your country, you have no use for an unlocked device. For the rest of us though, it's well worth it because at$t charges a buttload for roaming internationally.
    I do travel out of the country, not often but sometimes so I have ATT's international plan and don't get charged roaming. How is the plan different then unlocking it? I've never unlocked a phone so I have no clue what this does or doesn't do other then allowing you to use another sim?
    11-06-10 05:53 PM
    I do travel out of the country, not often but sometimes so I have ATT's international plan and don't get charged roaming. How is the plan different then unlocking it? I've never unlocked a phone so I have no clue what this does or doesn't do other then allowing you to use another sim?
    when you buy the carrier locked phones, i.e Torch. The phone cannot use any other SIM card other than ones from AT&T. Sim unlocking allows any sim, on a compatible network, to use the device.

sounds like you work for a nice big company that is willing to cover the international roaming charges...plus its nice for people who from home call you without having to figure out these insane intl phone numbers/country codes

however, let's say you are traveling with friends to a foreign country, or you are visiting family oversees. It would be expensive as all **** if they you guys are trying to get a hold of each other or having your family constantly call your domestic number...thus you unlock the sim - by a domestic prepaid sim and you are good to go with overseas local number
    11-06-10 06:23 PM
    When I go overseas on vacation (like I'll be doing next month) it's MUCH MUCH cheaper to buy a t-mobile uk or o2 sim card over there and do their version of pre-paid plans. I'm a heavy BB data user, and AT$T charges a DOLLAR PER MB for international data. I blow over 200mb a month easy (that's their current highest plan, 200 dollars for 200mb). I go through more if I'm out of the country taking pics and posting them to facebook. So I buy a local sim, with a local 15-20 euro plan, and I'm good to go.
    11-06-10 06:26 PM
    OK I'm a little sceptical abot this unliock. i wanted to buy a unlocked torch from craigslist or ebay, and then use it. But I was told that once you unlock an ATT torch, you cannot use it with ATT anymore. That sounds stupid, is it true??
    12-04-10 09:49 PM
    I have a torch 9800 and unsuccessfully tried to make ATT unlock it for me so i spent the entire day trying to find a reputable site. turns put that Unlock Cell Phone : Cell Phone Unlocking : Unlock Phone is legit took about 5 minutes to receive the code in my email and from then just folwed instructions. pretty simple. oh and they even gave me a coupon. I payed less than 5 dollars
    06-28-11 05:59 PM
    thanks for the spam mcman89 ...
    06-28-11 09:35 PM
    I need a reliable unlock companies that can help me unlock the blackberry torch that I just bought. Help...
    09-10-11 12:06 AM
    you can contact us...
    09-10-11 10:51 AM
    you can get the code from us, just send us the details of your phone i.e. Imei, carrier, set etc..
    10-24-11 07:20 AM
    You can get the unlock code from your network for free sometimes

Just try calling them and asking them, if they refuse you will need to buy it.

If you're buying an unlock code you can get it from us or any of the other reputable unlockers here on crackberry.

If you need it instantly, we can help use coupon code " crackberry " for 40% OFF.

If you have any unlocking questions at all feel free to email us, we're always happy to help!

Cheers,

James
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 10-25-11 at 05:07 AM.
    10-24-11 06:33 PM
    BBS easy on the spaces. ..
    10-24-11 10:27 PM
    lot of website placements in this thread. a phone is hardlocked somewhere in the world every time crackberry receives some worthless spam
    10-25-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD