What's it going to take to get the storm2 to work on other networks besides unlocking it? Going to have to go thru the same steps as the first storm or will it be easier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:33 AM
    I say same steps.
    10-14-09 12:41 AM
    Not to sound like an *** but what makes you think the Storm 2 would be any different than any other phone you want to work on any given carrier.
    10-14-09 12:42 AM
    I think its the same as the other blackberry models.
    10-14-09 12:46 AM
    Not to sound like an *** but what makes you think the Storm 2 would be any different than any other phone you want to work on any given carrier.
    Just curious. GSM phones all you need to do is insert sim card and resend service books. CDMA not sure what they all require. Just trying to be prepared.
    10-14-09 01:31 AM
    Always good to be prepared. All Verizon world phones (which will include the new Storm) need to be unlocked (either third party or by Verizon) to work in GSM mode. So once it's unlocked it is as easy as popping in a Sim card and getting the right service books.
    10-14-09 01:40 AM
    However for GSM it won't be 3G correct?
    10-14-09 02:04 AM
    However for GSM it won't be 3G correct?
    True for all the current Verizon world phones, I don't know what the Storm 2 will be. I guess it has something to do with the frequencies in which the GSM networks works off of.

I have heard that this will change sometime in the future to become more universal across all carriers. I am not exactly sure about this though, I'm sure someone with more knowledge can confirm or correct me if I'm wrong.
    10-14-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD