Good Morning,

Using the BlackBerry magnetized case, is there a way to have the Storm unlock whe you remove it from the holster? As a matter of practive, I seem to lock the Storm manaully right beofre I put it in my holster. However, when I remove it, I would like it to be unlocked.

I realize when putting it in my holster that the buttons are disabled, however, I would like it to be locked when in the holster.

Any suggesstions by chance?

Thanks!
    DE
    02-06-09 08:15 AM
    To have it unlocked when you remove it: options>password>lock phone when holstered>no. If you manually lock it before you holster it I don't know if it will unlock it when you take it out since you manually locked it.
    02-06-09 09:17 AM
    I usually lock mine manually before I put it in the holster and when I take it out its unlocked.
    02-06-09 09:50 AM
    Is your BB password enabled?
    02-06-09 09:54 AM
    What is the purpose of locking the Storm before you put it in a magnetized case? It's not like your going to accidentally engage something when it is the case.
    02-06-09 10:01 AM
    Revsig,

You know. Your are spot on! Good point. Thank you. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 03:56 PM
    I usually lock mine manually before I put it in the holster and when I take it out its unlocked.
    hmmm, I can't figure out how you do that. If I set it to lock itself when it goes in - it comes out the same way. I would be interested to know what your settings are...?
    02-06-09 05:13 PM
    There is something goofy going on with the Lock function on the Storm because when I first got my Storm brand new, I could lock it and it would stay locked and had to manually un-lock it. Then after about a month or two, it started un-locking automatically when un-holstering it. I also changed the settings under the options > password > lock handheld upon holstering = Yes, and this locks it when I place it in the hoster, then automatically unlocks it when I take it back out, which I think is the intended function. From what I have been reading on the forums however, there are numerous inconsistencies in the lock functions on the Storm.
    07-06-09 09:33 AM
    Lucky for me this is not an issue, as the option is broken. I have done everything, fixed it once and now neither one of the buttons work on the top. Just a few more months and my contract is up then I am off to iphoneland!!!
    07-06-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD