I recently traded my 8320 for a Storm, good deal? The guy had verizion and I don't, I'm with T-mobile. Had my roommate put the storm on his verizon account so he could unlock it for me via the global services tip. Verizion said the storm was still on the other guys account and he to call to release it off his account. Here lies the problem, seems this guy started new service recently with verzizon and now is disputing the charges for his new account, and I am thinkg will let it go into collections. Is there anyway I can get this phone unlocked? I though of the usb unlock, but I am afraid that will brick the phone. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by FenderGuy20; 06-03-09 at 12:49 PM.
    06-03-09 12:46 PM
    06-03-09 12:52 PM
    Yup downloaded all that stuff but I was under the impression that the storm had to be actived on with Verizion to unlock it?
    06-03-09 12:58 PM
    The phone has to be unlocked first. Try to explain that he sold the phone but not sure how helpful they'll be

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 01:21 PM
    I think you are out od luck if the phone's ESN was sent to collections.

06-03-09 06:05 PM
    Your best bet is to get a hold of the guy and if that doesn't work report your phone stolen to Verizon so he can't use his that way he has to help you or your both screwed.
    06-03-09 06:09 PM
    Ok guys called the again today to have him release the storm off his verizion acct, he said he would do it. I dont believe him. What are my options now? This guy is just going to let his acct go into collections I can feel it.
    06-04-09 02:24 PM
    If he let's the account go to collections then you're pretty much screwed. You might be able to get tje unlock code by purchasing it from one of those gsm unlocking websites. Not sure if they'll be able to do it though.

06-04-09 03:01 PM
    I dont think its going to be a problem, once you get it unlocked, I doubt VZW and block that phone.
    Its worth a try, dont you think, unless you can find the guy ...
    06-04-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD