Ok, so I'm with Cincinnati Bell. I have a friend that has a Verizon Storm. If I buy that from her, can I switch it over to Cincinnati Bell and use it?
    08-07-09 08:53 PM
    Is cincinnati bell is a GSM carrier? You just need to unlock it through an unlock service or trying to get the unlock code from the carrier. Won't work on 3g though, only EDGE. If it's a CDMA carrier then it depends on that particular carrier's policy on activating non-carrier phones...
    08-07-09 09:07 PM
    I don't know what GSM is. It is EDGE though, I do know that. I also don't know what a CDMA carrier is? Sorry, kinda dumb on this stuff, I'm new to the BB world!
    08-08-09 09:29 PM
    Ok, so I did a little research. Looks like Cincinnati Bell is GSM, not CDMA. Found one site that said it had to do with the usage of SIM card, which i do use with Cincinnati Bell. Does that help?
    08-08-09 09:36 PM
    Yes we can get you unlocked. Send me email or DM me
    08-08-09 09:38 PM
    Ok, so I'm with Cincinnati Bell. I have a friend that has a Verizon Storm. If I buy that from her, can I switch it over to Cincinnati Bell and use it?
    Yes you can use it with Cincinnati Bell and we can help you unlock your phone and set it up as well.
    08-09-09 06:47 PM
    Thanks a bunch folks! I will let you know if I need to unlock!
    08-09-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD