Anyone giving out any unlock codes for christmas?
    12-24-09 08:10 PM
    Verizon gives them out to its customers. go to customer Service, international Service and tell them you are going to be living overseas for awhile and they'll unlock it for you.
    12-24-09 08:19 PM
    Tried that, i kept getting run around about international plan and bs....it was not this difficult on the my 9530

I actually tried like 4 different reps and was really close to just cussing them out
    12-24-09 08:23 PM
    800-711-8300 opt 3. That's direct to global services. You'll get what you need there, provided you ask nicely of course
    12-24-09 08:26 PM
    thanks guys gotter done!
    12-24-09 09:09 PM
    I've read a lot about unlocking, but I am wondering what the actual process is, once you get the code. Is there a screen that you go to? Does VZW require that you sign up for one of their global plans before they will unlock it?
    Last edited by davids331; 12-25-09 at 12:18 AM.
    12-25-09 12:14 AM
    I've read a lot about unlocking, but I am wondering what the actual process is, once you get the code. Is there a screen that you go to? Does VZW require that you sign up for one of their global plans before they will unlock it?
    The code comes with instructions on how to enter it and unlock the phone.

No, you don't need to be signed up to a Verizon International Plan for the unlock code.

Best way to get Verizon to provide the code is through e-mail to their International Services Customer Support. That way you don't need to deal with a rep on the phone. That's how I did it and it took only a day or so to get their response.
    12-25-09 07:52 AM
    800-711-8300 opt 3. That's direct to global services. You'll get what you need there, provided you ask nicely of course
    Worked for me with no problem.
    12-25-09 12:41 PM
    Let us know if Verizon doesn't help you out
    12-25-09 10:24 PM
    I used these folks for my S1. Fast, Cheap and easy Unlock.

BlackBerry Unlock Codes | UniquePhones

I went to Verizon for my S2 and got that unlocked for free.
    12-26-09 07:23 AM
    The code comes with instructions on how to enter it and unlock the phone.

No, you don't need to be signed up to a Verizon International Plan for the unlock code.

Best way to get Verizon to provide the code is through e-mail to their International Services Customer Support. That way you don't need to deal with a rep on the phone. That's how I did it and it took only a day or so to get their response.
    I have searched the VZW website from top to bottom and I am unable to find any way in which to email their International Services Customer Support. If anyone has any clues as to where that link might be, or have an email address, it would be much appreciated. Thanka
    12-26-09 09:46 AM
    You don't email them you call them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 09:52 AM
    You don't email them you call them.

CHASVS apparently emailed them for the same. Are you suggesting that CHASVS is not being truthful with us?
    12-26-09 11:08 AM
    CHASVS apparently emailed them for the same. Are you suggesting that CHASVS is not being truthful with us?
    No i'm suggesting you didn't read his statement correctly. You receive A EMAIL with the unlock code and instructions for the device.
    12-26-09 11:15 AM
    No i'm suggesting you didn't read his statement correctly. You receive A EMAIL with the unlock code and instructions for the device.
    NO, the statement was "Best way to get Verizon to provide the code is through e-mail to their International Services Customer Support. That way you don't need to deal with a rep on the phone. That's how I did it and it took only a day or so to get their response."

Fortunately, he wrote it in English, which I don't usually have trouble with. It seems pretty clear to me. What part of the message are you thinking that I am misreading?
    12-26-09 11:19 AM
    Sorry maybe I am blind today lol you are correct.

12-26-09 11:21 AM
    NO, the statement was "Best way to get Verizon to provide the code is through e-mail to their International Services Customer Support. That way you don't need to deal with a rep on the phone. That's how I did it and it took only a day or so to get their response."

Fortunately, he wrote it in English, which I don't usually have trouble with. It seems pretty clear to me. What part of the message are you thinking that I am misreading?
    Sorry didn't read that statement read the other one LOL. I would just email through their contact us page and they "should" redirect it to Global Support.
    12-26-09 11:28 AM
    I emailed them this morning and received a response, with procedures and the unlock code within a few hours. Unfortunately, their response assumes that I have a 9530, rather than a 9550 and references the trackball, which is obviously not present in the S2, or the S1 for that matter. So, I guess their canned response library could use some updating, but they did indicate in a subsequent reply that the procedure is the same for all Blackberries, except for the code itself, which is derived specifically for each device. I have not attempted the procedure yet, and won't until they confirm that they did indeed derive the code for my correct device. I don't want to mess up anything just because the VZW rep was not paying attention.
    12-27-09 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD