Hi,

I just spent way too long on the phone with Sprint and I tried to look this up in the forums, but I'm still not clear on the issue. I've got a Sprint Bold 9650 and I know it is unlocked for international SIMs/carriers, but I would like to know how to unlock it for AT&T/T-Mobile, or is that even possible? Thanks!

-Mike
    08-10-11 11:51 PM
    If it's already unlocked, it can work on AT&T or T-mobile (only on EDGE though), but you'd have to manually load the service books for both carriers (guides are found in the forums here, look under Storm 1 forum, steps apply for 9650 as well).
    08-10-11 11:57 PM
    Thanks for the reply. When I was speaking with the Sprint rep in the International department, they said that if I insert a SIM from AT&T/T-Mobile, it simply wouldn't work (phone, SMS, data). Are you saying this isn't true? Thanks again.
    08-11-11 12:14 AM
    Thanks for the reply. When I was speaking with the Sprint rep in the International department, they said that if I insert a SIM from AT&T/T-Mobile, it simply wouldn't work (phone, SMS, data). Are you saying this isn't true? Thanks again.
    It is not true at all, it will work, the Sprint rep is either:

1. Misinformed

2. Trying to get you to not switch carriers.....
    08-11-11 12:51 AM
    Agree with Culex316 they misguide you.
    10-08-11 08:32 AM
    IT will work, the device is supporting GSM, it's just the bands used by GSM carrier in the USA and worldwide are different.
    10-08-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD