11-25-12 08:14 PM
162 ... 23456 ...
tools
    AFter unlocking the phone with Sprint, the rep told me once I go overseas and buy the sim card there, I still have to call Sprint back to activate the overseas sim card so it could be used.....is this true???

I thought we could just pop in any gsm sim and have it work once it is unlocked?
    No you don't need to. You only need to call them and activate the SIM card they sent you with the phone if you plan on using their SIM card for International Roaming. Otherwise you can just buy a prepaid SIM card anywhere and pop it in the phone and it will work.
    09-02-09 05:07 PM
    Question on the basics... So you have an active sprint phone and if you go overseas or want to go on another network you can insert a sim card for that network and you are working? Then remove the card and you are back on the sprint network or do you have to disable something?
    09-02-09 05:29 PM
    Question on the basics... So you have an active sprint phone and if you go overseas or want to go on another network you can insert a sim card for that network and you are working? Then remove the card and you are back on the sprint network or do you have to disable something?
    You would have to go in Options/Mobile Network and change Technology from 1XEV to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G if you want to use another networks SIM card and toggle back if you want to go back on the Sprint Network.

Note that if you want to use Sprint when Roaming overseas, you will have to use the SIM card that came with your phone and have it activated before you leave by calling them, that means that once overseas you will only be using the phone on the GSM network.
    09-02-09 10:26 PM
    Or call your carrier and get it for free. /thread.
    09-04-09 04:30 AM
    If I got my phone unlocked, is it possible that accidentally my phone got locked again?
    09-04-09 10:12 PM
    If I got my phone unlocked, is it possible that accidentally my phone got locked again?
    No, the Blackberry never relocks, even if you do an OS update or reset.
    09-04-09 10:15 PM
    Would it be possible to unlock the browser function on Tour which was provided by Sprint? If it is, i shall purchase your code right away....

Thx!
    09-05-09 06:58 PM
    Would it be possible to unlock the browser function on Tour which was provided by Sprint? If it is, i shall purchase your code right away....

Thx!
    If you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your current provider you will be able to use the Browser on the Tour. You might need to load the service books manually but we can help you with that.
    09-05-09 09:48 PM
    Does anyone know what the global function means?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 06:56 AM
    wow, mine already came unlocked
    09-20-09 12:24 PM
    Does anyone know what the global function means?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It will search for both CDMA and GSM signals, so no matter where you are globally, you'll have a connection. If you're not traveling, though, you should leave it on 1XEV so that it only uses the CDMA network. You'll save battery power when your phone isn't constantly using the GSM radio to look for GSM signals.
    09-20-09 01:23 PM
    Just called Sprint, gave them my cell # and MEID...the rep said that my phone was already unlocked, it shipped that way.
    09-21-09 12:16 PM
    sprint does it for free so why would someone pay 60 dollars to get there phone unlocked?
    09-21-09 12:42 PM
    sprint does it for free so why would someone pay 60 dollars to get there phone unlocked?
    Because people like me own the Sprint 9630 and have different service provider. You can't just call Sprint without a Sprint account and get your phone unlocked. Also the cost is no where near $60. Cellunlock.net offers a 50% discount to all Cberry members, so it comes out to about $27USD.

I got my code from them emailed to me here in Thailand in about 1 hour and my phone is currently working great on the True Move network here in Bangkok. Now if only I could get the MSL code so I can change the "my number" display.
    09-21-09 01:04 PM
    Cellunlock net

I live in the UK but have in my possession a locked blackberry tour to the sprint network. Can you provide me with the code? If so how much is it and how quickly will I get the code?
    09-21-09 05:35 PM
    Cellunlock net

I live in the UK but have in my possession a locked blackberry tour to the sprint network. Can you provide me with the code? If so how much is it and how quickly will I get the code?
    Yes we can. Some Sprint Tours are sold already unlocked. Can you please do the following:
    -Put a SIM card in the phone (Sprint SIM card is fine as well)
    -Go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM Card and then type the letters: mepd (you will not see the letters while you are typing)

What does it say next to Network?
    09-21-09 05:42 PM
    Now I just wish I could unlock my T Mobile 8900 and use it on sprint! I had to ditch Tmob because of the area I moved to, but I liked the 8900 keyboard about a million times more than I do the Tour!
    09-21-09 06:29 PM
    This is what mine says is it locked or unlocked:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Active
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled
    09-21-09 06:39 PM
    This is what mine says is it locked or unlocked:

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Active
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled
    Network: Active or Enabled means locked
    Network: Inactive or Disabled means unlocked
    09-21-09 06:46 PM
    i unlocked my network

but i have "activation required" in the top

i tried ##000000 ##111111
    it's invaild number

plz help me
    09-22-09 06:52 PM
    i unlocked my network

but i have "activation required" in the top

i tried ##000000 ##111111
    it's invaild number

plz help me
    You need the MSL code to get rid of "Activation Required" on Sprint Tours. You can email us at sales@cellunlock.net and we will tell you how to place the order.
    09-22-09 08:29 PM
    Now I just wish I could unlock my T Mobile 8900 and use it on sprint! I had to ditch Tmob because of the area I moved to, but I liked the 8900 keyboard about a million times more than I do the Tour!
    How long have you had your tour? becuase when i transistioned i said the same thing.... then i woke up when i wnt back and used my friends... i seriously have found it way easier not... i like it so much more... so smooth
    09-22-09 10:02 PM
    hey I got one program spc generator which seems llike it generate spc/msl code if you can send me your esn(hex) and meid(hex) I can generate one and send just try that number if it works and there is no limit to try this one (like a unlock code) so u have nothing to worry
    10-23-09 02:00 AM
    hey I got one program spc generator which seems llike it generate spc/msl code if you can send me your esn(hex) and meid(hex) I can generate one and send just try that number if it works and there is no limit to try this one (like a unlock code) so u have nothing to worry
    Try the following 268435457304109773
    10-23-09 09:53 AM
    Try the following 268435457304109773
    sorry dude the program spc genetator input field seems to be taking only 8 digit esn(hex) or 14 digit meid(hex) to generate spc code though this program seem to have option for almost all the carrier I am sure this must be good to get the spc, may be I will do more R&D once my sprint blackberry tour reaches me here in india on 5th Nov just waiting for that will let you know how it works and with which code meid or esn
    Last edited by arunsharma7; 10-24-09 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-24-09 10:03 AM
162 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD