11-25-12 08:14 PM
162 12345 ...
tools
    I'll take the credit... I will be purchasing another blackberry soon for myself because this tour is for the wife and will need that unlocked if it's not unlocked already! How do I redeem the credit?

I've had this phone for a week and have been waiting to unlock it, this entire time it's been unlocked! That's just upsetting...
    08-11-09 06:21 PM
    I'll take the credit... I will be purchasing another blackberry soon for myself because this tour is for the wife and will need that unlocked if it's not unlocked already! How do I redeem the credit?

I've had this phone for a week and have been waiting to unlock it, this entire time it's been unlocked! That's just upsetting...
    Hi
    Not a problem, just send us an email and we will process it for free.
    08-11-09 06:27 PM
    Do I need to reference anything so that you will remember? I placed an order using the paypal email onlymindy@yahoo.com so you can file that for your records the next time I need an unlock code I will email from my wife's email.
    08-11-09 06:32 PM
    Do I need to reference anything so that you will remember? I placed an order using the paypal email onlymindy@yahoo.com so you can file that for your records the next time I need an unlock code I will email from my wife's email.
    Great, we've put a note on it.
    08-11-09 06:35 PM
    You guys can try me also , If calling Sprint International Help Desk dont work. Try an unlocking company like "Us"
    08-12-09 01:29 AM
    Hi

i just got 3 blackberrys tour 9630 today all locked with sprint but i live in europe and want to use it with my own simcard, right now it just says activation required when i turn it on can any of you guys unlock them for me so they will work in europe and remove that activation required crap on the display
    08-14-09 03:33 PM
    Hi

i just got 3 blackberrys tour 9630 today all locked with sprint but i live in europe and want to use it with my own simcard, right now it just says activation required when i turn it on can any of you guys unlock them for me so they will work in europe and remove that activation required crap on the display
    Yes they can be unlocked, but alot of Sprint Tours are being shipped unlocked already so before you pay for the unlock codes, it's best to check all 3 to mare sure if they are locked or not.

To do so, put a SIM card in the phone, then go to Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card, then type the letters: mepd

You will see a Personalisation screen. Next you Network you will see the following:

Network-Active or Network-Enabled-----> means the phone is locked
    Network-Inactive or Network Disabled-----> meand the phone is unlocked

The activation required message does not affect the phone and that simply means that the phone had never been activated with Sprint. There is a way to remove that message but we need the MSL code from Sprint and i'm not sure anyone has been able to get it, but like I said, it does not affect the phone in any way.
    08-14-09 03:37 PM
    Hey

thx for the quick reply, ive allready tried the MEPD part while I was ready this thread and they are locked it says active on network, so I guess i need the codes, can you make me a deal on 3 codes ASAP so I can start using my new toy

Yes they can be unlocked, but alot of Sprint Tours are being shipped unlocked already so before you pay for the unlock codes, it's best to check all 3 to mare sure if they are locked or not.

To do so, put a SIM card in the phone, then go to Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card, then type the letters: mepd

You will see a Personalisation screen. Next you Network you will see the following:

Network-Active or Network-Enabled-----> means the phone is locked
    Network-Inactive or Network Disabled-----> meand the phone is unlocked

The activation required message does not affect the phone and that simply means that the phone had never been activated with Sprint. There is a way to remove that message but we need the MSL code from Sprint and i'm not sure anyone has been able to get it, but like I said, it does not affect the phone in any way.
    08-14-09 03:40 PM
    My tour is not workin when i choose 3g. its only working when i choose 2g - 3g

why?
    08-14-09 04:38 PM
    My tour is not workin when i choose 3g. its only working when i choose 2g - 3g

why?
    Yes that's normal, Unlocked Tour will only work on GSM 2G because the phone is not compatible with the GSM's 3G frequencies.
    08-14-09 04:48 PM
    Ok. read through all the replies. What I'm looking for is.... Can I use an unlocked Sprint BB Tour on the Verizon network...and if so I am understanding the phone can only be used in 2g mode not 3g???? What will I loose with that? Sorry if the questions are dumb... kinda new to this whole unlocking thing. Thanks
    08-14-09 05:21 PM
    Ok. read through all the replies. What I'm looking for is.... Can I use an unlocked Sprint BB Tour on the Verizon network...and if so I am understanding the phone can only be used in 2g mode not 3g???? What will I loose with that? Sorry if the questions are dumb... kinda new to this whole unlocking thing. Thanks
    No you won't be able because Verizon will not allow the Sprint ESN in their network.
    08-14-09 05:31 PM
    I get perfect 3G coverage here in Sweden with my newly unlocked tour now I just need to get that damn activation required removed

Yes that's normal, Unlocked Tour will only work on GSM 2G because the phone is not compatible with the GSM's 3G frequencies.
    08-14-09 05:46 PM
    I get perfect 3G coverage here in Sweden with my newly unlocked tour now I just need to get that damn activation required removed
    Yes in Sweden that's possible if the phone 3G is compatible with your network.
    08-14-09 05:49 PM
    hmm i cant go online with the phone when im using the browser, I have the blackberry logo next to my 3G logo in the network bar, but once i try to go online access facebook or something the blackberry logo dissapears and It just times out trying to open the page, but i could download facebook via blackberry help on the phone so data should be open ?
    08-14-09 06:06 PM
    hmm i cant go online with the phone when im using the browser, I have the blackberry logo next to my 3G logo in the network bar, but once i try to go online access facebook or something the blackberry logo dissapears and It just times out trying to open the page, but i could download facebook via blackberry help on the phone so data should be open ?
    Try a battery pull, that might solve the problem.
    08-14-09 06:21 PM
    nopez didnt work its just strange that when u open the browser then the blackberry logo indicating im connected to BIS dissapeers

Try a battery pull, that might solve the problem.
    08-14-09 07:19 PM
    Sprint sells the phone "Unlocked" for use on overseas carriers, so you can purchase a SIM card overseas to avoid roaming charges However, I'm not sure if it will work here in the US with TMO or ATT, Genius ..I just got mine... LOVE it... P/S Verizon sells theirs Locked soooo they are keeping those roaming charges going to Vodaphone So buy Sprint...please....99.99 unlimited everything...awesome deal!! except roaming internationally, but you phone is unlocked.. So get Sprint..save money..
    08-14-09 09:08 PM
    Fun fact:
    You can get your unlock code from sprint or verizon for free just like I did. Call them before you pay blindly.
    08-14-09 09:33 PM
    if you are a customer with sprint yes, i called them 2 times yesterday to try and get them to give me the codes but they wouldnt help me since i wasnt a customer

Fun fact:
    You can get your unlock code from sprint or verizon for free just like I did. Call them before you pay blindly.
    08-15-09 05:38 PM
    i tried doing this with verizon and they unlocked it for me. i inserted a sim card from at&t and everything works except data... any help??
    08-16-09 11:28 AM
    lol...becaues verizon loves to lock down their network...i can use data fine with tmobile and att..it's just not 3g
    08-16-09 02:50 PM
    i tried doing this with verizon and they unlocked it for me. i inserted a sim card from at&t and everything works except data... any help??
    You will need to load the service books, here is the link to help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...+service+books
    08-16-09 06:19 PM
    Just call Verizon. They'll walk you through the unlock process. No need to pay.
    08-16-09 09:05 PM
    AFter unlocking the phone with Sprint, the rep told me once I go overseas and buy the sim card there, I still have to call Sprint back to activate the overseas sim card so it could be used.....is this true???

I thought we could just pop in any gsm sim and have it work once it is unlocked?
    09-02-09 04:55 PM
162 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD