If i unlock my bold 9650 will i still be able to use it on verizon network?
    01-31-11 03:12 PM
    Unfortunately not because it is CDMA.. You can only use it on AT&T and Tmobile on the edge Network (2G)
    beclolo likes this.
    01-31-11 03:14 PM
    will i be able to switch between networks? from CDMA to GSM
    01-31-11 03:20 PM
    Yes once its unlocked you can no problem
    beclolo likes this.
    01-31-11 03:27 PM
    Yes, I do this all the time! Quickly pop in the sim card and use it wherever and then go right back to verizon. It's very useful, to switch you just go to mobile network and then under network technology it is 1XEV and Global that is verizon and the gsm/umts is your unlocked sim card options.
    01-31-11 03:36 PM
    Very useful when traveling as well.
    01-31-11 03:37 PM
    If i unlock my bold 9650 will i still be able to use it on verizon network?
    If it's a Verizon branded 9650 you sure can still use it on their network if you want. Now, it's not possible to unlock a Verizon Bold to work on Sprint though. As was mentioned, you can use an unlocked Verizon Bold on any GSM network in the world, and then switch it back to CDMA to use it on Verizon (great for travelling).

If your account is in good standing, and it's been open for more than 3 months (I think) you can call Verizon and they will unlock your phone for free. Just tell them you're going on a trip and you want to just use calls and texts with a local SIM card when you're there. They will have no problem unlocking the phone for you, it's actually extremely easy to do so.

I had them do it for me just last week, and was amazed on how quick and easy it was. Much easier than using an unlocking site even, free too...
    01-31-11 03:40 PM

I had them do it for me just last week, and was amazed on how quick and easy it was. Much easier than using an unlocking site even, free too...
    Sometimes it is not easy .. It all depends on how long you have been with the company, how much revenue your account generates, and other factors. At times they will not give up an unlock code. That is where 3rd party unlock companies come into play. If you deal with a reputable unlocking service, there will be a quick delivery of the code and great customer service.
    01-31-11 03:46 PM
    Sometimes it is not easy .. It all depends on how long you have been with the company, how much revenue your account generates, and other factors. At times they will not give up an unlock code. That is where 3rd party unlock companies come into play. If you deal with a reputable unlocking service, there will be a quick delivery of the code and great customer service.
    Oh using an unlocking site is very easy, that's how I've unlocked all my previous phones. Sometimes you wait 5 minutes for the code, and sometimes you wait a few hours. But like you said, if you meet their requirements then they will unlock your phone.

What I liked about using Verizon, and why I think it's easier than an unlocking site:

No finding then writing down your IMEI#, making sure it's correct.
    No reading instructions, and having to email the unlocker if issues should arise.
    No waiting, like not even 5 minutes

It was a very pleasant experience doing it through Verizon, the phone call lasted no more than 5 minutes.

1. Called Global Support
    2. Asked to unlock my phone
    3. They wanted to give me the conditions and terms of their global plan. I declined stating I just wanted calls and texts and that their plan was expensive for that.
    4. She gave me step by step instructions, confirming each step with me
    (It actually took me longer to find the SIM card that I took out a while ago so I could unlock it)

I'm not trying to say that unlocking sites are bad, but just stating my extremely pleasant experience with having Verizon do it. I know reputable sites out there make it very easy, quick, and provide great customer service should any issues arise, but doing it through Verizon is the best way.

Just saying that it's best to ask Verizon first if they will unlock your phone, which I have seen you do many times here...
    01-31-11 04:09 PM
    This thread was last replied to in early 2011.

If they still haven't found a way to unlock their phone, they need more help than you or I can offer.
    10-22-12 09:19 AM
    I agree! So simple these days, just be sure to use a reputable company. Alot of them here on Crackberry with plenty of feedback.
    10-25-12 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD