I got my storm 2 3 days ago and yesterday they unlocked my sim so I can use it overseas without using verizon's network.
    Surprised they would do that specially since I only had it 2 days.
    12-11-09 01:02 PM
    they did the same for me. I think if you have a good record/history with verizon, they wont make you wait out the time to unlock it. They are confident enough to believe you are loyal and wont run with an unlocked device
    12-11-09 01:09 PM
    I was told you can only have one unlocked device on any given line within an 8-month period of time, and that you have to have 60 days of on-time bill payment for a new line before you can unlock.

In my case I unlocked a Tour on a number I had had for years, and then added a new line for the Storm. I called to have the Storm unlocked and was told I won't qualify until January 7th when I will have had the line activated for 60 days. At first he said it would be 6 more months but he didn't realize I had added a new line.
    12-11-09 01:18 PM
    I thought once you lick something, it was not unlickable

12-11-09 01:20 PM
    I thought once you lick something, it was not unlickable

Title edited, hence rendering this joke UNFUNNY!
    12-11-09 01:29 PM
    Booooooooooooooooooooooo

:d
    12-11-09 01:36 PM
    Yes carriers will provide you with the unlock code if you meet their guidelines if not that's when we come into play. With 3rd party unlockers it is usually hassle-free.
    12-11-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD