Im lovin the new Storm. But the way they have you lock/unlock the screen is driving me mad. Im used to other blackberrys where I'd set one of the side convenience keys to Lock, then unlock it by using the keypad (Star + Send button) combination. That way I could do it one-handed all day long.

This is different. There's no way you can Lock/Unlock the Storm 2's screen one-handed, at least no where near comfortably.

Does anyone know of anything I can do? Perhaps there's an app out there that will help?? If I could set one of the side keys to act as the actual Lock/Unlock button, that'd be great.
    11-25-09 07:55 AM
    You must have small hands, I don't have a problem unlocking my S2 with one hand.
    11-25-09 08:10 AM
    The only way I know is by using the top button.
    11-25-09 08:12 AM
    I don't even use the lock button on the top. There's a few apps that you can use to lock your phone and I just use the screen directly. The one I use is stormslider: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...unlock-169483/.
    11-25-09 08:12 AM
    I don't even use the lock button on the top. There's a few apps that you can use to lock your phone and I just use the screen directly. The one I use is stormslider: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...unlock-169483/.
    Will BerrySlider (StormSlider) or PatternLock type apps replicate the Storm 2's native lock? Meaning, does the actual screen "clicker" stiffen like it would when I lock it using the top button??
    11-25-09 08:24 AM
    I have my shortcutme app set to lock if I click the left convenience key twice. I can also use the too lock button. For me to unlock all I have to do is press the escape key... no need to press too button, them I input my password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:47 AM
    Will BerrySlider (StormSlider) or PatternLock type apps replicate the Storm 2's native lock? Meaning, does the actual screen "clicker" stiffen like it would when I lock it using the top button??
    Yes and no. if it autolocks, it doesn't lock the screen movment, but if you use the lock key and press it for about 2 seconds, it will lock the screen movement.
    11-25-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD