I have searched but cannot find the answer to this question does my tour have to be active to be unlocked? If i buy an unlock code while the phone is not active on my account will it still unlock? Best place to get an unlock code if possible quickly?
    02-07-10 02:02 AM
    I have searched but cannot find the answer to this question does my tour have to be active to be unlocked? If i buy an unlock code while the phone is not active on my account will it still unlock? Best place to get an unlock code if possible quickly?
    I don't think so. I've seen a youtube vid and the place that I used to unlock my Bold 9700 indicate that the SIM card can either be active or not. I used cellunlock.net to get my unlock code about an hour ago expecting an email on the next business day but I got the unlock code within 5 minutes on receiving the payment confirmation. You can't beat that kind of turn around especially at 12:30 on a Sunday morning (MST).

If u go with them there's a 50% discount for Crackberry members but I've already forgotten what the coupon code was. Sorry. Hopefully someone here can post it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 02:33 AM
    you can unlock a blackberry activated on an account or not, with or without a SIM in it.
    02-07-10 03:14 AM
    i had my phone unlocked at the store yesterday. How can i tell if it was successful or not
    02-17-10 09:15 AM
    Moving this to the unlocking Forum!
    02-17-10 09:17 AM
    Lend a SIM card from a friend for AT&T or T-Mobile for instance and insert it in your Storm2. When you boot up go to Mobile Network Options from Manage Connections and enforce 2G operating mode. If you can get a wireless signal then the unlocking worked well.
    02-17-10 09:19 AM
    i had my phone unlocked at the store yesterday. How can i tell if it was successful or not
    You can put a SIM card in the phone and go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card and type the letters "mepd". If it says Inactive or Disabled next to Network then that means your phone is unlocked.
    02-17-10 12:45 PM
    No your phone doesn't have to be active in order to unlock it. We can help you unlock it within minutes! Let us know if you have any other questions!
    02-17-10 04:22 PM
    Active or not does not affect the unlocking process. Let us know if you need any help.
    02-18-10 05:30 PM
    It just needs to power up
    02-19-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD