I unlocked my bb Tour using an unlock code and it is now able to use any sim card. i have done this many times with many curves and even a Javelin but the difference here is that in the Sim card menu, the option for network still shows "Inactive" while everything shows disabled. Normally when i unlock other phones, every option shows disabled and the phone functions great. The problem I have here is that my Tour is having issues with data transfer. I am able to browse the net and receive emails as i would on any blackberry. However, I cannot download anything. I cant even download MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger.

Do you think i am having this data issue due to the phone not being unlocked correctly? The downloads do start but then stop after probably 25% is done and i get an error saying "Download failed" and "Error 903: Loss of Service".

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas to help me out?
    12-30-09 09:44 AM
    INACTIVE=DISABLED as I previously explained to you in another post. You must switch the network settings to 2G, reboot the device and you will be set.
    12-30-09 11:16 AM
    Inactive is the same as Disabled and would not affect in any way the data
    12-30-09 11:18 AM
    What they said!

lol..depending on the BB model, it'll show as either disabled or inactive. Whatever the word, the idea is that the phone's network lock is either 'disabled or inactive'. Active or Enabled means that the lock is.....drum roll...............Active or enabled
    12-30-09 12:05 PM
    Ok so i guess thats not my problem then...thank you

However, do you guys have any other idea why my data coverage is so sketchy? BB messenger works fine and my provider says they are seeing data transferred to me but i just cant download anything. Also, i tried the the 2G thing as stated above and it didn't make a difference from when it was on Global.

do you think its a problem with my antenna? Or what about the software on the phone?
    12-30-09 12:45 PM
    If it cuts in and out, it woulld normally be a question of only being able to us 2G (which sucks lol), or maybe an OS upgrade might help you depending on what you're currently running. Double check that you're using the latest one from your provider.

An antenna problem is possible, but unless you're able to make use of your warranty with the original carrier, then you'd be out of luck and your best bet is to just hope that thats not the case unfortunately..
    12-30-09 01:38 PM
    Ok so i guess thats not my problem then...thank you

However, do you guys have any other idea why my data coverage is so sketchy? BB messenger works fine and my provider says they are seeing data transferred to me but i just cant download anything. Also, i tried the the 2G thing as stated above and it didn't make a difference from when it was on Global.

do you think its a problem with my antenna? Or what about the software on the phone?
    Which carrier are you using? can also be a Network issue, example here where we are T-Mobile is not so great, and always slow but can work better somewhere else.
    12-30-09 05:11 PM
    My Carrier is Digicel Jamaica but it worked perfectly fine with my Curve 8310 and 8320 in terms of every aspect of a BB with the data plan. I also tried my sim in a friends Javelin and it worked flawlessly so I can safely rule my carrier out because they are functional.

My data issue has got worse. I can't browse anymore. I can send messages through bbm and i send/receive emails but i cant browse or download anything. I am trying to upgrade through desktop manager and then i will see if that helps.

I'll keep you posted.
    12-31-09 07:50 AM
    My Carrier is Digicel Jamaica but it worked perfectly fine with my Curve 8310 and 8320 in terms of every aspect of a BB with the data plan. I also tried my sim in a friends Javelin and it worked flawlessly so I can safely rule my carrier out because they are functional.

My data issue has got worse. I can't browse anymore. I can send messages through bbm and i send/receive emails but i cant browse or download anything. I am trying to upgrade through desktop manager and then i will see if that helps.

I'll keep you posted.
    Ok you might want to download latest OS for your phone, which model do you have?
    12-31-09 07:52 AM
    I have the BB Tour 9630 unlocked. Are you saying i should have downloaded the latest OS and then loaded it using one of the other programs other than Desktop manager?

I have done that in the past with my curves.
    12-31-09 07:55 AM
    I have the BB Tour 9630 unlocked. Are you saying i should have downloaded the latest OS and then loaded it using one of the other programs other than Desktop manager?

I have done that in the past with my curves.
    Here you go, good guide using Blackberry Desktop Manager BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    12-31-09 07:58 AM
    My Tour has been fixed. I did an OS reinstall and put on 5.0.0.230 with 5V7.11 Hybrid. Now my browsing is faster, i can download whatever i want and I'm enjoying my Tour. Hip Hip Hooray
    12-31-09 03:08 PM
    My Tour has been fixed. I did an OS reinstall and put on 5.0.0.230 with 5V7.11 Hybrid. Now my browsing is faster, i can download whatever i want and I'm enjoying my Tour. Hip Hip Hooray
    Glad to hear that! Enjoy
    12-31-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD