OK. So Ive bought an unlocked Storm that is coming with OS 5 on it, but I like sticking to official builds/releases. So my question is if I put the latest official 4.7 on the Storm, will it relock it to Verizon? Thanks in advance!
    10-14-09 02:45 AM
    No, the OS has nothing to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 03:00 AM
    No, the OS has nothing to do with it.

So even if I do a wipe before loading 4.7, Ill be ok? Is there an OS thats proven to be better than the others? Im going to be a new Storm user and want to make sure I get the most out of it! I do like full use of all my applications like facebook etc....
    10-14-09 03:22 AM
    Yes, it is fine to wipe. The unlock cde information is stored on the board and not in the OS. You said you want an official release, so that pretty much leaves you with .75 or .148 unless you want to use an OS from another carrier besides Verizon. I would probably recommend the .151 or .167, I think. You should spend some time searching the OOS forum for details on what is best for AT&T. All I know is that the latest 5.0 releases are causing trouble for some folks using the GSM radio.

10-14-09 05:58 AM
    Yes, it is fine to wipe. The unlock cde information is stored on the board and not in the OS. You said you want an official release, so that pretty much leaves you with .75 or .148 unless you want to use an OS from another carrier besides Verizon. I would probably recommend the .151 or .167, I think. You should spend some time searching the OOS forum for details on what is best for AT&T. All I know is that the latest 5.0 releases are causing trouble for some folks using the GSM radio.

Ill actually be using it on T-Mobile.
    10-14-09 12:48 PM
    Moving this thread to the Unlockers Forum
    10-14-09 01:05 PM
    OK. So Ive bought an unlocked Storm that is coming with OS 5 on it, but I like sticking to official builds/releases. So my question is if I put the latest official 4.7 on the Storm, will it relock it to Verizon? Thanks in advance!
    Unlocking is permanent on Blackberry..even if you upgrade/downgrade OS or wipe handheld, blackberry will never relock
    10-15-09 12:09 AM
    Unlocking is permanent on Blackberry..even if you upgrade/downgrade OS or wipe handheld, blackberry will never relock
    Yup have to agree. Just have at it and enjoy!
    10-15-09 05:23 PM
    I won't lie..I sometimes wish phones would re-lock...gives me a chance to touch base with all of my old customers!! Lol

Alas, they don't re-lock..you're golden since yours is already done
    10-16-09 02:20 PM
    I won't lie..I sometimes wish phones would re-lock...gives me a chance to touch base with all of my old customers!! Lol

Alas, they don't re-lock..you're golden since yours is already done
    Lol...you mean we can sell them unlocks again
    10-16-09 03:06 PM
    Lol I don't do this for the money! I do it for human interaction! Hahaha..don't you!?
    10-16-09 03:12 PM
    Lol I don't do this for the money! I do it for human interaction! Hahaha..don't you!?
    You're too funny man! How's the weather in TO?
    10-16-09 03:36 PM
    You're too funny man! How's the weather in TO?
    Lol it WAS actually pretty cold, I think we were down to 1 degree on the weekend. But today was pretty nice...Gotta love global warming! How about FL?? Thats where you are right?
    10-20-09 10:40 PM
    Lol it WAS actually pretty cold, I think we were down to 1 degree on the weekend. But today was pretty nice...Gotta love global warming! How about FL?? Thats where you are right?
    Yes Miami, but originally from Montreal, so I know all about the bad cold weather
    10-20-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD