I bought the 9100 from Bell in Canada and have tried to unlock it. I bought a code from an online website and it doesnt work. They gave me a code for mepp2 and then for the network as an mepp4 code. When I put in the mepp2 code, it says Code Error. I am now down to 1 MEP try left.
    Also, when I try to see the info by typing meppd, nothing shows up. It is blank. Has bell removed this option? Should I just try and get another code from another site? I live overseas, so its useless to me if it stays unlocked or becomes hardlocked!
    Any suggestions on what to do would be great! I unlocked an older blackberry with Rogers before and had no problems.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mrmaddox; 06-26-10 at 09:03 PM.
    06-26-10 08:33 PM
    find a place to reset your phone because you hitting it right on the last try is a long shot @ this point. you might try and refresh the os or use desktop msg to start the clock over, you can google how to do this
    06-26-10 09:57 PM
    I had the EXACT same problem with a Bell 9100... but don't Worry! I couldn't get the info to display either by typing MEPPD... the first unlocker refunded my money because they couldn't provide a code, so then I tried another one, and he sent me 12 codes to try... BUT, he said if I sent him my MEP# he could give me the correct code for sure, so I did, and sure enough I got the right code first time.

I know you already bought a code... but if you go here:

Unlock Code for Blackberry Bold 9000 9100 9700 - eBay (item 190406301971 end time Jul-17-10 21:03:08 PDT)

The code is only 99 cents.

When you send your info, be sure to send your IMEI AND MEP number too. You can get the MEP # by following these instructions:

Cellphone News, Reviews, and Unlocking Instructions How To Read Your Blackberry MEP Without a Cable

With both these numbers they should be able to give you the right code for sure... but the second poster is right... since you're down to 1 try, be careful!
    06-27-10 07:47 PM
    I bought the 9100 from Bell in Canada and have tried to unlock it. I bought a code from an online website and it doesnt work. They gave me a code for mepp2 and then for the network as an mepp4 code. When I put in the mepp2 code, it says Code Error. I am now down to 1 MEP try left.
    Also, when I try to see the info by typing meppd, nothing shows up. It is blank. Has bell removed this option? Should I just try and get another code from another site? I live overseas, so its useless to me if it stays unlocked or becomes hardlocked!
    Any suggestions on what to do would be great! I unlocked an older blackberry with Rogers before and had no problems.
    Thanks!
    We can provide you with the correct codes, just let us know.
    06-29-10 10:53 AM
    that is the problem with network generated codes, you are getting like 20 codes and run out of attempts pretty soon. If need help with resetting blocked MEP counter let me know
    06-30-10 08:55 PM
    find a place to reset your phone because you hitting it right on the last try is a long shot @ this point. you might try and refresh the os or use desktop msg to start the clock over, you can google how to do this
    Hey there, there are sooo many different sets of instructions to refresh the os or to start the clock over, but nothing specific for the 9100. Also, all the instructions are for people who have MEP = 0. Since I havent used them all up, is there a different way? If anyone has the instructions for a 9100 to reset the MEP I would be very grateful!!
    07-03-10 01:44 PM
    I had the EXACT same problem with a Bell 9100... but don't Worry! I couldn't get the info to display either by typing MEPPD... the first unlocker refunded my money because they couldn't provide a code, so then I tried another one, and he sent me 12 codes to try... BUT, he said if I sent him my MEP# he could give me the correct code for sure, so I did, and sure enough I got the right code first time.

I know you already bought a code... but if you go here:

Unlock Code for Blackberry Bold 9000 9100 9700 - eBay (item 190406301971 end time Jul-17-10 21:03:08 PDT)

The code is only 99 cents.

When you send your info, be sure to send your IMEI AND MEP number too. You can get the MEP # by following these instructions:

Cellphone News, Reviews, and Unlocking Instructions How To Read Your Blackberry MEP Without a Cable

With both these numbers they should be able to give you the right code for sure... but the second poster is right... since you're down to 1 try, be careful!
    Thanks Alex. I will try it that way! I am trying to find instructions to reset my MEP attempts back to 10, so at least I have some leway if I get it wrong again.. So hopefully I can sort that out, then I will give your way a try! Thanks a lot!
    07-03-10 01:45 PM
    Thanks!
    I've unlocked a number of Pearl 3G 9100s, and from what I recall, it always asks for the "Service Provider" code from what I remember. Where I get my codes though, I get all MEP codes provided to me from MEP to MEP5, and I simply enter the one that the phone asks for when doing "ALT+MEPD" at the SIM menu. Regardless, it will tell you which code it's asking for by saying something to the affect of "Enter Service Provider code."

The MEPPD menu has been disabled on the 9100, and past a certain OS version on the 9700 as well. So the fact that you can't get into it is normal.

EDIT: I think I know exactly what your prob most likely is: the first time I tried getting an unlock code for the first Pearl 3G I unlocked, they didn't ask me for the MEP code, and then provided me with the wrong codes, however I could tell that they did so since like I mentioned earlier they provided me with the MEP code as well as all the MEP# ones. Ever since I've been providing the MEP code, I've been getting the correct unlock codes. I use the following instructions courtesy of BlackBerry Unlockers to get the MEP code each time I need an unlock code: Engineering Screen Codes
    Last edited by Sashko; 07-06-10 at 04:28 PM.
    07-06-10 04:24 PM
    that is the problem with network generated codes, you are getting like 20 codes and run out of attempts pretty soon. If need help with resetting blocked MEP counter let me know
    You can NOT "reset blocked MEP counter". lol
    07-08-10 12:12 PM
    Thanks Alex. I will try it that way! I am trying to find instructions to reset my MEP attempts back to 10, so at least I have some leway if I get it wrong again.. So hopefully I can sort that out, then I will give your way a try! Thanks a lot!
    Please see the link in my signature, we can unlock hardlocked Blackberry
    10-13-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD