I was with Sprint and have a Tour in my possession. I have since moved on to Verizon. I want to know if I can unlock this Tour and use it with my Verizon service. Remember- the Tour has no service. Can I do anything with this Tour on the Verizon network?

Thanks.
    09-09-10 06:14 PM
    Nope.

Neither Sprint nor Verizon will allow you to activate a device from another carrier on their network.
    09-09-10 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses.
    09-09-10 08:02 PM
    Since we're i'm the unlock topic and to save me starting a new thread (note i'm not thread hijacking). I have telus 9630. I'm frustrated with the fact I don't have mms messaging. It sucks because all my friends on the hspa network can mms message with their bb's. Anyways...I was wondering if I unlocked my phone if I would be able to mms message on the same cdma network? Also, I'm just double checking...If i unlock the phone and insert a sim card from a gsm or hpsa network carrier my phone will only run on 2G/edge network right? I'm running the telus os .419
    Last edited by TelusBB; 09-10-10 at 09:50 AM.
    09-10-10 09:41 AM
    Unfortunately you cannot Do either.
    Why not? I understand if I cannot use mms even if I unlock the phone. But why would I not be able to use the phone on a gsm network? From what i've gathered here on CB people have unlocked their tours and used them on gsm networks? havent they?
    09-10-10 11:01 AM
    Why not? I understand if I cannot use mms even if I unlock the phone. But why would I not be able to use the phone on a gsm network? From what i've gathered here on CB people have unlocked their tours and used them on gsm networks? havent they?
    Your Tour doesn't support HSPA (GSM) it supports EDGE (GSM). In order to have MMS you will need a BIS or a BES plan.
    09-10-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD