hey i just got this phone off someone and its still on verizons network, but i need to unlock it so i can use it with tmobile. and verizon wont give me the code. i have a code with numbers and letters in it that the dude i got the phone gave me to unlock it..and said to go to this site and enter the imei number and it will text me..but i cant figure out where to go to do that? any suggestions? i really dont want to pay for this code...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 02:51 PM
    Which site did he inform you to go to? CrackBerry?

There are many unlockers around here that sell unlock codes. Did he give you a promo code for a free unlock, or the actual unlock code for that specific device?
    06-13-10 03:02 PM
    It is impossible to unlock an 8830 to use on T-Mobile because the GSM radio in an 8830 is incompatible with T-Mobile or any North American carrier. The 8830 is a World Phone. The GSM radio in an 8830 works only on European GSM frequencies, which are different from North American GSM frequencies. The Verizon person should have told you that. All the unlockers in the CrackBerry forums know it and won't sell you an unlock code you can't use.
    06-13-10 03:55 PM
    Once you do unlock the 8830 it won't work on GSM networks domestically, sorry.
    06-13-10 09:17 PM
    hey i just got this phone off someone and its still on verizons network, but i need to unlock it so i can use it with tmobile. and verizon wont give me the code. i have a code with numbers and letters in it that the dude i got the phone gave me to unlock it..and said to go to this site and enter the imei number and it will text me..but i cant figure out where to go to do that? any suggestions? i really dont want to pay for this code...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    8830 will only work overseas and in Asia even once unlocked. No way to make it work on T-Mobile or AT&T.
    06-15-10 12:18 AM
    you can not. T-Mobile uses GSM technology and SIM cards (the type of cell tower it connects to), and Verizon uses CDMA technology (no SIM, different type of tower).
    Verizon carriers devices that ARE CDMA/GSM devices. Please research before providing false information.
    06-15-10 10:50 AM
    you can not. T-Mobile uses GSM technology and SIM cards (the type of cell tower it connects to), and Verizon uses CDMA technology (no SIM, different type of tower).
    Verizon Blackberry 8830, 9530, 9550, 9630 & 9650 and dual technology, GSM/CDMA and can be used on GSM Networks. The 8830 will only work in frequencies that are used overseas and in Asia.
    06-15-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD