Hey guys,

Unlock

Provider is Orange UK
    its a 8520 blackberry

I will be extremely grateful if someone could very charitable.lol

Thanks people
    Last edited by yomiladoja; 03-15-10 at 06:40 PM. Reason: used my imei
    03-15-10 08:57 AM
    Can you call your service provider and ask them? The code is based on your phones PIN/IMEI and someone else cannot generate it for you, other then an unlocking service (which is not free).
    03-15-10 10:05 AM
    It is extremely silly to put your EMEI online. As a practical joke, someone might report your phone as stolen and then you will never get it unlocked!

In the UK, the carrier (such as Orange) has to provide you with the unlock code provided:

1. You are the original customer
    2. You cover a fair administrative cost

Generally speaking, carriers charge a maximum of £20 for this. They can do it for free if you ask nicely.

Pls, pls, pls does not help.

However, if you explain that you live in an area that does not receive an Orange signal (and be clever about it) then they may give you the unlock code (NUC) for free.

If you pay an agent to do it for you, that's probably how they will go about it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 10:24 AM
    This is a hypothetical walkthrough:

Step 1: look for a free Orange SIM card (PAYG) and one that has been used before

Step 2: talk to customer services and tell them that we are immigrating to a country that does not have Orange UK (we won't be using roaming because we're immigrating)

Step 3: ask them for the NUC so that we can take the BlackBerry with us

Think about a friend who lives overseas. That way your story remains consistent.

Oh, and don't lie! That would be bad.

03-15-10 10:33 AM
    Hey guys,

I know I am asking for too much but PLEASE PLEASE I need someone to pls help me with a code to unlock my bb 8520. I dont have any money to spare to unlock it (am sure you all know how bad the economy is), I need on a strick budget of ₤30 a months and cant spare any money. Please someone please help in good grace.

My IMEI is
    Provider is Orange UK
    its a 8520 blackberry

I will be extremely grateful if someone could very charitable.

Thanks people

There are some giveaways going on in Crackberry Forums. You can get lucky
    03-15-10 02:48 PM
    ===== QUOTE yomiladoja ====

Hey guys,

I know I am asking for too much but PLEASE PLEASE I need someone to pls help me with a code to unlock my bb 8520. I dont have any money to spare to unlock it (am sure you all know how bad the economy is), I need on a strick budget of ₤30 a months and cant spare any money. Please someone please help in good grace.

My IMEI is
    Provider is Orange UK
    its a 8520 blackberry

I will be extremely grateful if someone could very charitable.

Thanks people

===== /QUOTE ====

There are some giveaways going on in Crackberry Forums. You can get lucky
    Not in this forum though.

There's some guides in one of the lower forums, in the bowels of CB. However those that I have seen are for CDMA phones only.

I really think that reading around Orange is a cleaner and potentially quicker way to proceed.

03-15-10 03:30 PM
    Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Ignore the most of the forum how-to discussion, it's a pretty much an endless cycle of repetitive dribble.

The simple solution is - start by asking your service provider, you might be in luck. If you get a refusal give it another try a few minutes later. If that doesn't work, cut your losses and go to one of the commercial unlockers. We have a few who frequent the forums here with reasonable rates and it will be cheaper than your time to fight with the phone provider. Take a look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f207/ to find the most likely suspects
    03-15-10 06:51 PM
    Agreed...definitely try Orange first, but if they won't give you a code then we can help you get a code no problem!
    03-15-10 09:12 PM
    Not in this forum though.

There's some guides in one of the lower forums, in the bowels of CB. However those that I have seen are for CDMA phones only.

I really think that reading around Orange is a cleaner and potentially quicker way to proceed.

Yes there is, because of CB rules we can't post the links but a little search and you will find it or you can PM us.

You can try calling Orange and ask them too.
    03-15-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD