I just bought a pearl 8100 on ebay and i tried to get the data plan but rogers told me that blackberry blocked the internet and everything on my phone. I dont know if this is because I got it off ebay or what but I'm just wondering if someone could tell me if there is any way I can unblock the internet and be able to get a data plan and use it. Thanks!
    04-14-09 12:55 PM
    hmmm not too familiar with Rogers but if its anything like verizon, you are sol trying to get on the web w/o the data
    04-21-09 03:38 AM
    I just bought a pearl 8100 on ebay and i tried to get the data plan but rogers told me that blackberry blocked the internet and everything on my phone. I dont know if this is because I got it off ebay or what but I'm just wondering if someone could tell me if there is any way I can unblock the internet and be able to get a data plan and use it. Thanks!
    Blocked the internet and wouldn't let you get a data plan? Sounds like a bad ESN/IMEI to me. The phone might be blacklisted, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 05:09 AM
    if it is a second hand phone than maybe its not blacklisted, only PIN blocked...
    you need to get the original owner to have its pin release from its orginal carrier...
    just bought a BOLD from ebay, brand new, turns out PIN was blocked in UK... any help?
    04-21-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD